I've melted.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is why he ignores statistics, fact and also the point that we didn't qualify for CL for Harry's last 2 seasons.

Do I think scraping fourth and still not getting a CL place that was nailed on for us 10 games before the end of the season with mostly relegation fodder left to play was a success?

No. Complete failure in isolation of those 10 games that set us up to be a joke in front of Arse & Chav fans.

Cheers Harry, but you worry about your England job and blame us all for that

The debate ended yesterday when you pretended you were confused as to what season I meant, as oppsed to admitting you looked like a knob, for trying to convince me for 6 pages that 5th was better than 4th, and finishing the season as runners up on 85pts would be better than winning the title on 70pts.

:llorishuh:

The debate ended yesterday when you pretended you were confused as to what season I meant, as oppsed to admitting you looked like a knob, for trying to convince me for 6 pages that 5th was better than 4th, and finishing the season as runners up on 85pts would be better than winning the title on 70pts.

:llorishuh:

I sympathise with whoever (if anyone) employs such a mind...

You went defending your stupid argument talking about winning the league or runners up, or winning cups, probably because you realised you had no point.

You make you look like an knob.

I'll break it down for you:

1. Sammy cries because someone says Harry under achieved with his squad

2. I point out that AVB did better in his one season than Harry did in the two prior to this as AVB did better than Harry with the same squad minus the two best players (arguably) we had in it, Modric and Van der Vaart. (none of them qualified for CL in the seasons mentioned - in your words, Harry "failed" twice, AVB "failed" once)

I also point out an analogy that if we had won the league that season by a ridiculously poor season of only 40 points, we would never look back and say that we did well that season. It would be causality, because our "success" would be as a direct result of the complete failure of our rivals. The comparison was intended to be George Graham and Juande Ramos, who both won the league cup despite being two of our poorest performing managers.

(as it happens, this never has happened, but feeling his original point was lost and clinging on to whatever he can to make himself feel like the King, Sammy takes this off the cuff point and clings on to it for dear life, perhaps masturbating furiously over how he is 'the man' for "winning teh internetz".
A season's success in the league is down to how many games they win lose and draw, hence how many points they achieve. If we won the league with 40 points because every other team drew every match they had, that wouldn't be a success, it'd be causality. We'd never look back and go "wow we did good"

Last Season: 5th place, 72 points
Won 21, Drew 9 Lost 8, 66 for, 46 against. +20 GD

HR - 2011/12: 4th place, 69 points
Won 20, Drew 9 Lost 9, 66 for, 41 against. +25 GD

HR - 2010/11: 5th Place, 62 points
Won 16, Drew 14, Lost 8, 55 for, 46 against. +9 GD

We've been gettin better, and last season's squad did better (winning one more game) without VdV and Modric. Pretty much same squad otherwise.

That one extra win would have got us 3rd the season before. Simple maths suggests that it was achievable.

I don't expect you to accept this, as you have made it clear as to your thoughts on the subject and inability to recognise last season, but it's still there as our best season in the league regardless of opinion

As you'll notice from my post on page 17, the topic was your denial that we could and should have done better in Harry's last season (or all of them perhaps, as we won fuck all with arguable our best squad in terms of a team play basis), but you keep dragging it away from that...

This is why he ignores statistics, fact and also the point that we didn't qualify for CL for Harry's last 2 seasons.

Do I think scraping fourth and still not getting a CL place that was nailed on for us 10 games before the end of the season with mostly relegation fodder left to play was a success?

No. Complete failure in isolation of those 10 games that set us up to be a joke in front of Arse & Chav fans.

Cheers Harry, but you worry about your England job and blame us all for that

We were 4 points clear of 5th place.

We were 4 points clear of 5th place.

and 5 point clear of 6th place. On a run of 16 points from a possible 39.

The 13 games until the end of the season ran like this:
L L L D D W D L L W W D W

The last 3 of these were after Hodgson had got the England job.

That season we lost 9 games all season. 5 of those game whilst Harry was courting the England job, so had the drama rumbled on further then we could have easily lost even more points.

I don't see how I'm ignoring stats/contradicting myself by saying we scraped 4th?

and 5 point clear of 6th place. On a run of 16 points from a possible 39.

The 13 games until the end of the season ran like this:
L L L D D W D L L W W D W

The last 3 of these were after Hodgson had got the England job.

That season we lost 9 games all season. 5 of those game whilst Harry was courting the England job, so had the drama rumbled on further then we could have easily lost even more points.

I don't see how I'm ignoring stats/contradicting myself by saying we scraped 4th?

Because we didnt scrape 4th we finished 4 points clear of 5. Thats how you are ignoring it.

1493256_687784084611134_1070910036_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom