is it worth have a membership for next Season.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh for the days when I could wake up on a Saturday morning and think I will go and watch Spurs play. Drive & park not too far away and queue up and stand on the Shelf. So much easier and could be up to 50000 for a big game.

I think it was the Jol era where it went crazy. When Hoddle was manager, I bought a ST with no waiting list. It suddenly snowballed in the mid 2000s. I gave up my ST when at uni and then had to wait 7 years for one.

In the santini season, i bought 5 kids season tickets on the opening day of the season.

Just for interest sake what does a season ticket cost you guys? Also does a season ticket mean you are then able to attend all matches at The Lane? Do they put your name on a seat :)

I think a ballot is about the fairest way of doing it, considering the amount of people who missed out on Southampton tickets because the website is a steaming pile of shit. I won't miss the circle of doom one bit, and if that means me missing out on a few Cat B and C games then so be it.

If this has been covered in depth already, then.....

QRqOZ.gif

This should help you make up your mind:

"It's magnificent to be in Europe, and this club - a club like Tottenham Hotspur - if we're not in Europe.... we're nothing. We're nothing." :adesalute:
If you'd read my post you'd have realised I'll still be going - just that the membership option isn't so attractive. I'll probably renew anyway though.

Just for interest sake what does a season ticket cost you guys? Also does a season ticket mean you are then able to attend all matches at The Lane? Do they put your name on a seat :)
£880 for mine. Cheapest non restricted view one is £765. That's for all league games and the first two cup games. This season not including CL. Then you have an automatic right to buy your seat (or a ticket for Wembley) for the other cup games/CL games. You also get first in line for away games (most away games last season you needed a ST to get a ticket).

Mine is £880 too. South Stand Upper. All league matches and two cup games included. Seems a lot but then I'll make a mint out of selling all the matches on Stubhub at £100 profit each.

:troll:

:levylol::levywhoa:

Joke FFS.

:llorisserious:

it's about time they introduced LP's for Cat A games, will stop people that buy a membership purely to get tickets for the big ones.

I'm assuming they'll make the last home game cat A regardless of who the oppo is, which is a bit snide if it's someone like West Brom, but i'd rather people that have put the time/money in get to see the last home game than those who haven't for whatever reasons.

It'll hurt someone like me, but I agree nontheless. I've been over from across the pond about 75 times since my first time in 1997, so I feel, I've earned my right to use a membership to pop in from time to time, but overall you're right that the people who's been there every time. Don't think there's any sort of chance, they'll change the scheme for cat A at this stage, though.

2.25£ admin charge on those season tickets

That pissed me off more than the £880. FFS Spurs, adding an extra £2 or so is just annoying and really totally pointless.
So what they're saying is... they can offer free worldwide shipping on Spurs shop orders over £50 (every now and then), but there's an admin charge on a payment of almost a grand.

Even though we now live in a world where you can do contactless payment for a mars bar at no additional charge.

Yeah, it really is taking the piss. Hate it when venues do the same thing for ordering tickets for gigs. It's essentially a ransom on letting you buy something.

So what they're saying is... they can offer free worldwide shipping on Spurs shop orders over £50 (every now and then), but there's an admin charge on a payment of almost a grand.

Even though we now live in a world where you can do contactless payment for a mars bar at no additional charge.

Yeah, it really is taking the piss. Hate it when venues do the same thing for ordering tickets for gigs. It's essentially a ransom on letting you buy something.

To be fair, giving them all of our money is a massive inconvenience for them so it's only fair that they charge us.

In the santini season, i bought 5 kids season tickets on the opening day of the season.

Same here. I bought a season ticket for Hoddle's first full season in charge and had one for nine seasons. As you say, as soon as Jol came in and we started playing decent, competitive football, the demand increased and waiting lists started.

Having had time to think about it, the ballot is bollocks. I've got 500 points and have the same chance as a member with say 20 points for about 2/3 of our home games? Yeah i'm guaranteed the A games but that isn't the point...

Pretty sure some clubs only open home ticket sales to people with certain points accumulated over however long and then if all the tickets don't sell, go down into the next group. Should be doing it like this for me

Having had time to think about it, the ballot is bollocks. I've got 500 points and have the same chance as a member with say 20 points for about 2/3 of our home games? Yeah i'm guaranteed the A games but that isn't the point...

Pretty sure some clubs only open home ticket sales to people with certain points accumulated over however long and then if all the tickets don't sell, go down into the next group. Should be doing it like this for me

I can't make my mind up on this... like you, I'll have no trouble for the cat As, and will be pissed off when I miss out on tickets for some of the Bs and Cs. But if every match was done on LPs, the people lower down the chain would basically have zero chance of getting a ticket all season (apart from via Stubhub/Twitter/a mate etc)

I think those people should be able to get a ticket sometimes - particularly if they're e.g. overseas fans that want to plan a special trip. It's not fair to cut them out completely. Maybe there should be a kind of hybrid system. Cat A is 100% LPs, Cat B they sell 70% on LPs and 30% on ballot, and Cat C 30% on LPs and 70% on ballot.

Of course this would all be less of a problem if we weren't so frightened of upsetting our Official Secondary Ticket Exchange Scheme Partner and we just put unwanted season tickets back up for sale at face value...

Got my first one in 1974 (same time as my first pair of DMs). Now have 2 black, 1 light blue, 1 dark blue, 1 beige and 1 green.

.......and still wear DMs.
Got my first one of my Brother in 79(he had it 1970) Gold and Blue 2 tone trevira(poors mans tonik mohair).
I now have a dark blue, beige and a brown corduroy one (which was made for me).
I want a black one (because despite being the most common colour years ago,i have never owned one) and a prince of wales check one. Don't wear DM boots anymore(do wear shoes on occasion) , but do wear oxblood brogue stable boots.

Got my first one of my Brother in 79(he had it 1970) Gold and Blue 2 tone trevira(poors mans tonik mohair).
I now have a dark blue, beige and a brown corduroy one (which was made for me).
I want a black one (because despite being the most common colour years ago,i have never owned one) and a prince of wales check one. Don't wear DM boots anymore(do wear shoes on occasion) , but do wear oxblood brogue stable boots.

Jump the Gun in Brighton is your best best bet if you want a decent quality one. Cheap ones available from Warrior Clothing. I found an unworn original (still with tags) in a charity shop in Lewes for £18. Knocked them down to £16. :kaneshh:

Picked up a pair of new Cherry Red pebble leather limited edition 1408s in Brighton for £110 (were £175 in the official shop). The black ones can only be found on Ebay (up to £500). You never see the Cherries.

Gok Wan-lite

Back
Top Bottom