If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
I assume all the other leagues will be cancelled and they will use points per game for promotions and relegation if it goes ahead? Playing a league in neutral venues is bad enough but surely they can't play it without the threat of relegation, what would be the point of that?

Lets say the idea of no EPL relegation goes ahead.... I've seen no conversations as to the ripple down effects of less games in the champo and why champo teams should still suffer relegation etc. etc. further down the leagues.

I can't see them doing a points per game system.
I'd would think that they would cancel all leagues and use the current standings.
Have promotion but no relegation for all leagues.
This is the only way they can hope to get the neutral venue thing agreed, no relegation.

The fact is that (if the league is cancelled) whichever way they decide to allocate positions, points per game, current standings etc, it will be open to legal challenges from those chasing European qualification at the least.

Someone on here posted the PL rules that state they can null and void the season. Its the only way to stop legal challenges from anyone

We go through the pain of building a new state of the art stadium, that gives us one of the highest match day revenues in world football, seems to be an absolute license to print money that's going to propel us to the big time, 65k packed out every game, selling out of fucking sausage rolls and beer, revenue from a bundle of major sporting events.....and suddenly stadiums are rendered totally fucking irrelevant for the first time in history.

I'm not going to use that word.....but fuck me...the balls on that irony.
Lucky the people in charge of Spurs have run us so well because we are one of the best set clubs in the world to handle such a crisis.

Not that Levy and co. will get any credit for that.

Lucky the people in charge of Spurs have run us so well because we are one of the best set clubs in the world to handle such a crisis.

No of course not... The knives are sharpening because we haven't already got the stadium naming rights in place or a sleeve sponsor though.

:freundgoal:

You mean when he tried to furlough everyone then back-tracked like a snake?

Rod liddle the columnist on behind closed doors games.
'Players like mo salah will miss thier ferociuos home support while Woolwich players probably wont be able to tell the difference ,'😄😄😄😄😄😄

Lets say the idea of no EPL relegation goes ahead.... I've seen no conversations as to the ripple down effects of less games in the champo and why champo teams should still suffer relegation etc. etc. further down the leagues.
I thought there would be no relegation from the FL also.

From the BBC website:

What did we learn from today's UK briefing?
Today's government press conference was led by Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab. He was joined by Sir Ian Diamond, chief statistician at the Office for National Statistics, and Dr Jenny Harries, the deputy chief medical officer.
Here's what they told us:

• The R-rate, the rate of infection, is below one - somewhere between 0.5 and 0.9 - meaning on average each person with the virus passes it on to fewer than one other person. This is higher than the last estimate and is driven by the epidemic in care homes
  • The lockdown rules are not changing today. Any changes to social distancing and lockdown measures will be limited and carefully monitored to ensure the R-rate does not rise. We will get more information on the government's plans from the prime minister on Sunday. Abandoning social distancing too quickly would lead to a second peak
  • There was a technical hitch over the weekend which saw testing numbers fall but it has been resolved
  • Restrictions on the border, for example at airports, may come in due course
Talk about shutting the stable door...
:mourfacepalm:
Wrong thread?

Koppites are crapping themselves here.

They are desperate for the trophy and parade, who cares if it put peoples lives at risk.

It's like living in a city half filled with Scientologists.

Refunds galore???

Premier League clubs discuss kick-off times and free-to-air games
3 hours ago

The Premier League is also in talks with broadcasters, the government and clubs about showing some behind-closed-doors games on free-to-air television.

Of the 92 matches left this season, 47 will be available on Sky or BT.

But there are discussions with the Premier League's broadcast partners about what would be reasonable in making the other 45 games free-to-air. That could mean games being streamed live on the Premier League's or a broadcaster's YouTube channel.

Premier League clubs discuss kick-off times and free-to-air games

Koppites are crapping themselves here.

They are desperate for the trophy and parade, who cares if it put peoples lives at risk.

It's like living in a city half filled with Scientologists.

I’m absolutely amazed at how many virus experts there are amongst Liverpool fans . Everyone seems to know what’s best for the country and how these games can be played without absolutely no danger to any player or staff involved.
I just wish the government listened to Liverpool fans as they seem to know everything and have all the answers.

Back
Top Bottom