If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
We go through the pain of building a new state of the art stadium, that gives us one of the highest match day revenues in world football, seems to be an absolute license to print money that's going to propel us to the big time, 65k packed out every game, selling out of fucking sausage rolls and beer, revenue from a bundle of major sporting events.....and suddenly stadiums are rendered totally fucking irrelevant for the first time in history.

I'm not going to use that word.....but fuck me...the balls on that irony.

We go through the pain of building a new state of the art stadium, that gives us one of the highest match day revenues in world football, seems to be an absolute license to print money that's going to propel us to the big time, 65k packed out every game, selling out of fucking sausage rolls and beer, revenue from a bundle of major sporting events.....and suddenly stadiums are rendered totally fucking irrelevant for the first time in history.

I'm not going to use that word.....but fuck me...the balls on that irony.
Can’t disagree with that, will take us a few years to recover from this if they really go behind closed doors next season.

Levy should have sorted out the stadium sponsor last year when everyone was calling it the best stadium in the world and we were still in the champions league.

He really has fucked it.

Last edited:
Can’t disagree with that, will take us a few years to recover from this if they really go behind closed doors tomorrow.

Levy should have sorted out the stadium sponsor last year when everyone was calling it the best stadium in the world and we were still in the champions league.

He really has fucked it.
Why do you think he didn't sort out a sponsor? Did we need one?

I've mentioned on here the brand 'Tottenham Hotspur' is what he was building. How many millions of people who watched NFL at Spurs heard the phrase 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium'? How much did that raise the price of sponsoring the stadium?

He didn't fuck anything and had it not been for Covid-19, you'd be singing a different tune re sponsorship.

I've mentioned on here the brand 'Tottenham Hotspur' is what he was building. How many millions of people who watched NFL at Spurs heard the phrase 'Tottenham Hotspur Stadium'? How much did that raise the price of sponsoring the stadium?

He didn't fuck anything and had it not been for Covid-19, you'd be singing a different tune re sponsorship.
I agree.

If it wasn’t for Covid-19 then his risky tactics may have worked, but the fact is covid-19 is here and The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium’s stock is dropping quickly.

We have had to cancel all concerts, events and NFL games for the foreseeable. We have a team that struggled immensely this season that could be with out European football altogether. There are rumours now that we may have no match day revenue next season at all if they go behind closed doors which I personally think is feasible whenyou take in to account the UK Covid numbers.

Contrast that with the end of last season when the stadium was being talked about all around the world, we were going in to a Champions league final and we were guaranteed CL for the following season. I am sure there would have been decent offers on the table.

Im not saying Levy should have foreseen this pandemic, but I will say that he was playing a risky game, our stock was as high as it had ever been as a club and a brand. On the pitch and off it.

He should have cashed in at that point in my opinion because you never know what is around the corner.

While it might work out in the long run, I can tell you that Levy was very much hunting for a stadium sponsor. The person I know in the marketing team said it put a reasonable sized hole in the finances at the time.

The desperation and embarrassing farce continues........

Football halves being cut to less than 45 minutes.........

There must be at least one sane person left in football surely?

Let's just roll all the insane, desperate ideas into one I say:

All 20 clubs jet off to Perth for two months, neutral grounds, no fans, games last 30 mins each half, 5 subs allowed, no relegation. Simple and the integrity of the league is maintained.

Let's just roll all the insane, desperate ideas into one I say:

All 20 clubs jet off to Perth for two months, neutral grounds, no fans, games last 30 mins each half, 5 subs allowed, no relegation. Simple and the integrity of the league is maintained.

I see a flaw in this plan still..... The players ought to be riding on the back of hippos.

Last edited:
I see the latest propaganda is that a return of football will lift the spirits of the nation.

The pl and government are out of touch on this one. For one, the money worshipping greed of the footballing authorities has been laid bare over the last few weeks, whilst thousands of people have died or lost their livelihoods. People I know , football fans or not can see right through this whole charade.

The proposals to play behind closed doors will result in many lower league clubs folding. Add in the insane ideas of reducing playing time and neutral venues and there is no integrity left, only money driven greed.

I won't be watching until fans are allowed back.

The pl are only worried about their next TV money cheque, it's a business model built on greed and quick sand. If the authorities had any decency they should cancel this season and moth ball all lower league clubs until fans can attend safely.

They need to ensure clubs will still be here in the next five years and stop with the next greed driven short sighted selfishness

I agree.

If it wasn’t for Covid-19 then his risky tactics may have worked, but the fact is covid-19 is here and The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium’s stock is dropping quickly.

We have had to cancel all concerts, events and NFL games for the foreseeable. We have a team that struggled immensely this season that could be with out European football altogether. There are rumours now that we may have no match day revenue next season at all if they go behind closed doors which I personally think is feasible whenyou take in to account the UK Covid numbers.

Contrast that with the end of last season when the stadium was being talked about all around the world, we were going in to a Champions league final and we were guaranteed CL for the following season. I am sure there would have been decent offers on the table.

Im not saying Levy should have foreseen this pandemic, but I will say that he was playing a risky game, our stock was as high as it had ever been as a club and a brand. On the pitch and off it.

He should have cashed in at that point in my opinion because you never know what is around the corner.

That's not true is it. If anything that is the opposite. It is being shown that areas of it can be converted to community use when it is not being used for football. It's shown another string to it's bow.

As much as many would want it to be his fault, Im not sure you can blame the Corona Virus on Levy and him not factoring it into his decision making!

I think his strategy regarding the naming rights was that nobody wanted to pay what he was asking and that he was telling the truth that he couldn't find the right partner for it. It's a long term deal between two companies for hundreds of millions of pounds. It has to be right, if not your lumbered with a company who you may not see eye to eye with. Plus with the stadium producing such a high income and servicing the debt I think he didn't see the rush for it.

The 2019-20 Premier League season could be cancelled if clubs do not agree to play in neutral venues, says League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan.

A vote is set to take place on Monday on proposals for a return to football.

The Premier League has been suspended since 13 March because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The desperation and embarrassing farce continues........

Football halves being cut to less than 45 minutes.........

There must be at least one sane person left in football surely?

The narrative I have heard recently from a few places (so its probably being pushed) is that they are desperate to start next season but whats the point - lets just get this season over with over the next year and don't look to start the season until 2021. There is no guarantee that next season will be able to be finished so we shouldn't try... blah blah blah integrity of the competition.

I see the latest propaganda is that a return of football will lift the spirits of the nation.

The pl and government are out of touch on this one. For one, the money worshipping greed of the footballing authorities has been laid bare over the last few weeks, whilst thousands of people have died or lost their livelihoods. People I know , football fans or not can see right through this whole charade.

The proposals to play behind closed doors will result in many lower league clubs folding. Add in the insane ideas of reducing playing time and neutral venues and there is no integrity left, only money driven greed.

I won't be watching until fans are allowed back.

The pl are only worried about their next TV money cheque, it's a business model built on greed and quick sand. If the authorities had any decency they should cancel this season and moth ball all lower league clubs until fans can attend safely.

They need to ensure clubs will still be here in the next five years and stop with the next greed driven short sighted selfishness
As many lower leagues will fold without football as with playing behind closed doors.

I don't disagree with most of what you say but I will still watch Tottenham if played behind closed doors, no other football though. I am thinking of the shitty pre-season friendlies I have got up in the middle of the night to watch, if they are on I will watch.

The 2019-20 Premier League season could be cancelled if clubs do not agree to play in neutral venues, says League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan.

The Premier League has been suspended since 13 March because of the coronavirus pandemic.

I assume all the other leagues will be cancelled and they will use points per game for promotions and relegation if it goes ahead? Playing a league in neutral venues is bad enough but surely they can't play it without the threat of relegation, what would be the point of that?

Still scratching my head as to what difference it makes.....

Is the suggestion actually that all games place at the SAME designated venue? .....To minimise the amount of peripheral staff and testing required?

The narrative I have heard recently from a few places (so its probably being pushed) is that they are desperate to start next season but whats the point - lets just get this season over with over the next year and don't look to start the season until 2021. There is no guarantee that next season will be able to be finished so we shouldn't try... blah blah blah integrity of the competition.

Again, seems ill-conceived to me...

At least if you bin this season, you then have another 3/4 months to establish what needs to happen for the game to resume safely and lessen the potential for any calendar disruption.... Does Uefa want to put back the Euro's again? ....Potentially disrupt another year's CL & EL?

(That said obv. motivation is obv.)

I assume all the other leagues will be cancelled and they will use points per game for promotions and relegation if it goes ahead? Playing a league in neutral venues is bad enough but surely they can't play it without the threat of relegation, what would be the point of that?

Lets say the idea of no EPL relegation goes ahead.... I've seen no conversations as to the ripple down effects of less games in the champo and why champo teams should still suffer relegation etc. etc. further down the leagues.

Back
Top Bottom