If Sherwood were to stay, would you be going to the Lane next year?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does the state of the club impact your attendance?

• Yes

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters
It's quite possible that Spurs can win our remaining three matches this season, thus giving Sherwood stats of 45 Premier League points won from a total of 66 available (68.18% won).
This would equate to around 78 points for a full season.
And yet there are still plenty of Spurs fans that think he's not good enough for us.
I simply don't understand it.
Lol. Stand down. If only football was such a constant that ''would equate to'' actually works. Too many variables for the to be ever a correct thing to say.

Got it.
Bringing in another manager would cost us millions.

Instead, let's take those millions and spend them on PR lessons for Sherwood. Take away the "I don't know my best team" / "he's not good enough" / "the team are shit, we're shit, so shit" nonsense and he's not an awful manager, really.

- His win rate is OK
- Where many failed, he has got the best out of Adey (and some consistency too, minus WBA)
- His use of home-grown & youth players is commendable (now he's made his point, Bentaleb is used less; Kane is somewhat of a revelation)
- By the start of next season, he will have been in charge for 9 months (plus the 6 years he was already at THFC for); he has worked with the players longer than any new manager will (might have even got 'to know' them by now), so offers some stability/continuity
- LEVY LIKES HIM. Can't get rid of Levy, and Levy will get rid of anyone who comes in if he decides he doesn't like them, so… having someone he does like in charge again offers stability. Bit pathetic, but what can you do?

Just teach the man to shut the fuck up and stop thinking of himself as the Don, and he isn't that bad.
Are you a relative of his??

What country is this?

Indonesia lol..

Brigata+Curva+Sud.jpg

195051_heroa.jpg

240571_heroa.jpg

and this is when some of our Local team did a match against QPR

Persebaya+v+QPR+Gbg8YLAVeIal.jpg

:bae:

Smoked Salmon

Finest human being of all time
Well, maybe not just Sherwood, but if the current state of the club stays the same?

Personally I have found myself less reluctant to go as the season has progressed. I even found that I elected to go to Ledley's testimonial over the last game of the season because I'd enjoy it more.

Just how frustrated is fandom feeling right now?

Last edited:
Well, maybe not just Sherwood, but if the current state of the club stays the same?

Personally I have found myself less reluctant to go as the season has progressed. I even found that I elected to go to Ledley's testimonial over the last game of the season because I'd enjoy it more.

Just how frustrated in fandom feeling right now.

Yep I'd still be going, although not sure I'd enjoy it when we are playing any of the top 4, if Rose stays as left back I'd still be closing and rolling my eyes for half the game though.

MFF got his bite in DOUBLE quick time.
It's quite possible that Spurs can win our remaining three matches this season, thus giving Sherwood stats of 45 Premier League points won from a total of 66 available (68.18% won).
And yet there are still plenty of Spurs fans that think he's not good enough for us.

To be honest the PPG ratio and all that I really couldn't give a shit. After the massive spending spree we all had high ambitions for the season but reality hit and that went out of the window.

I had far more of an issue with AVB than Sherwood as manager to be honest and I still watched/went to the games because AVB's style was so boring but it Spurs and that's that. I have long give up the hope of being a title rival and rather than get wound up by it all I simple hope we win and score a good couple of goals. To give him credit there have been quite a few fun games under Sherwood but his style is anarchy and thats not a long term solution.

Just want us to clear the decks, get a suitable replacement and forget about much of this season.

I remember 77 and the collective feeling of unity and purpose.
As Bob said the times are changing, the game is unrecognisable
from the working class/lower middle class identity it had back then.
The club seemed far less distant and even with the disaster of relegation ,
we felt we would come back and challenge for silverware. A year later
2 World cup winners were in the first team and a couple of years later
glory returned as we had shown intent from those dark days.
Today we huff and puff and the reality of silverware seems a distant past.
Managers are picked with no club ethos (style , flair ), a silent businessman
chairman, an owner who never comes , the blood of our traditions are been
sucked dry. My love is not blind as a child more a love and hate relationship.

For me it's not so much the results. It's not even so much the performances. It's that:

- I don't want a manager willingly cunting off the club to the press. (The "I don't know my best team" speech last weekend. I know it, everyone knows it. But as a manager of a football club you don't say it. Simple.)

- I don't want a manager making ridiculous statements to the media. (Just like Liverpools come back v AC Milan, on WBA)

- I don't want a manager dicking around on this iPhone in the stands when we're 10 minutes from going out of European competition (Benfica)

- I don't want a manager in hysterics when a wasteman has just taken one of the lamest penalties in football history and we're 2-0 down to utter shit (WBA)

- I also don't want a manager who would, should he actually be successful, go to Woolwich without any sort of hesitation.

In a sense at lot of these reasons are similar to why I fucking hated Redknapp as well.

I'm with you three. It's the (lack of) support that's going to stop me attending. I'm getting bored of the woman in front of me putting her hands over her ears when I sing (I'm surely not that out of tune) and the cunts to the sides of me slagging off the players within 30 seconds of kick off. I'd rather we went back to being mid-table, if it got rid of all the entitled cunts.

would love for all the boring cunts to fuck off, nothing felt better then a whole block or 2 block joining in together with 'oh when the spurs', you sometimes get a good one at the lane, but rarely, thats why i fell in love with tottenham even though we lost most weeks, we were passionate and still sung for them in the dark days, thats what i fell in love with, not the old whingy cunts, and tourists decked head to toe in about 500 quids worth of merchandise from the club shop

I've gone less this season, but that's due to the terrible fans we have. Better off staying in the pub. Can't be spending over a ton a game to be surrounded by wankers.

Done plenty more always though, and that will continue next season regardless of manager.

Only been able to get to 4 games this season but the majority of then were just terrible atmosphere wise; Everton away I was in block G and it was average at best - some singing every now and then and erupted when Ade scored the winner. Liverpool away despite the terrible result was probably the best atmosphere I've ever seen at an away game, our support made that game for me. But then I went to Fulham last weekend and was sat in block 27 and frankly it was embarrassing, not one song, could barely call it celebrating when we scored, zapped most of the enjoyment out of the game.

Other than 1882 does anyone know what blocks are best for atmosphere week in week out? (if any!) The south end seemed to be enjoying themselves.

I've got a season ticket in park lane and although this year the atmosphere has been pretty dire, it's still the best in terms of singing. Also if Sherwood does stay heaven forbid I will still continue to go as I love this club and feel very privileged to be able to see all the home games. :coys:

Back
Top Bottom