If Not MK...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Portman Road?

An hour out of Liverpool Street (i.e. only double the time to WHL), and the stadium is right by the station. Not having to share with a direct rival, not selling our soul, wouldn't be too pricey, decent capacity, right colour theme etc

In fact, look at this photo, this could almost be WHL! Old 3 tiered shelf on the left, West and South stands as they are now!

800px-2002-07-16_Portman_Road.jpg

And it would be easier for me.

Crystal Palace Athletics Stadium another option? Overground station a few minutes walk away. Although capacity might be sub 20k actually

I can't believe it's going to come to this. Anything outside of London sounds horrendous. Do we really actually need to do this for a year? What happened to a year in the 3-sided new stadium or something (I'm probz years out of date with the 'plans')

I can't believe it's going to come to this. Anything outside of London sounds horrendous. Do we really actually need to do this for a year? What happened to a year in the 3-sided new stadium or something (I'm probz years out of date with the 'plans')
Wait, we're playing a season at Oxford United's ground now?

_67592809_kassam.jpg

I can see a deal where we use Upton Park while our new stadium's being built, after the Spam have moved to Stratford.

The timing looks spot-on. We'll still be in London and both clubs can make a few quid.

Hopefully there will be a one season amnesty for season tickets if we have to play games away from whl. It looks like the supporters trust are pushing for that given the question about it on their recent survey.

Twickenham would be nice. About 20 mins walk from my parents' house.

Also I bet that levy looked into playing some of our games in America. Would never work though.

I would go for Portman road or brighton's ground. Or we play indoors at the sobell centre

Portman Road?

An hour out of Liverpool Street (i.e. only double the time to WHL), and the stadium is right by the station. Not having to share with a direct rival, not selling our soul, wouldn't be too pricey, decent capacity, right colour theme etc

In fact, look at this photo, this could almost be WHL! Old 3 tiered shelf on the left, West and South stands as they are now!

Portman Road, Ipswich would be vastly easier for me (15min drive) as well as YidoBuckler YidoBuckler and is not far off the same capacity as WHL. The stadium is literally across the road from the station and only 60mins out of London (Liverpool Street) on the train.

Hopefully there will be a one season amnesty for season tickets if we have to play games away from whl. It looks like the supporters trust are pushing for that given the question about it on their recent survey.

Twickenham would be nice. About 20 mins walk from my parents' house.

Also I bet that levy looked into playing some of our games in America. Would never work though.

I would go for Portman road or brighton's ground. Or we play indoors at the sobell centre

I'm sure that the club will do some kind of "goodwill" gesture regarding longstanding ST holders, they really should. Hav'nt the club already sanctioned 5000 free season tickets for the first two seasons in the new stadium to Haringey and Enfield residents. Not sure how they will be allocated mind.
I'm sure that there is a clause with Twickers that it can only be used for Egg chasing, not sure how true that is though. Twickenham would make a fantastic football venue.

Portman Road?

Yer but it wouldn't be easier for me :dawsonmean: as I live a 15 minute bus ride from the ground (WHL). Will the club pay my train tickets?

I'm sure that the club will do some kind of "goodwill" gesture regarding longstanding ST holders, they really should. Hav'nt the club already sanctioned 5000 free season tickets for the first two seasons in the new stadium to Haringey and Enfield residents. Not sure how they will be allocated mind.
I'm sure that there is a clause with Twickers that it can only be used for Egg chasing, not sure how true that is though. Twickenham would make a fantastic football venue.
its the usual sort of thing, so many events per year.

The question has already been put out on podcast and by Spooky about the problem of MK Dons, probably one of the least scrupulous clubs in the leagues, effectively stealing Wimbledon's league place.

I think it's unlikely we'd be able to play at any of the London stadiums because local planning laws are liable to prevent the club ground sharing, even Wembley has a limit as to how many events they can put on. The locals generally hate coping with one club's set of fans, the chances of anyone letting us groundshare in town are very low.

Realistically if we were going out of town I'd say Reading might be ideal because it's out of town so it can cope with that sort of set up, in other words when games are on there not too many people are getting annoyed, so it could work even though it's also miles away.

I know Brighton has been mentioned but I have not seen the new set up so I couldn't say.. Question is, if we have 2 years out of the Lane and out of London, where do we go?
The Dons stadium is ideal for the following reasons.

1) It is a great stadium
2) Mk Dons have a great history
3) MK is very central and easy to get to
4) Mk has some interesting cows
5) Mk has 3 Marks and Spencers and 4 Nandos
6) I live in MK

Back
Top Bottom