If Not MK...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The question has already been put out on podcast and by Spooky about the problem of MK Dons, probably one of the least scrupulous clubs in the leagues, effectively stealing Wimbledon's league place.

I think it's unlikely we'd be able to play at any of the London stadiums because local planning laws are liable to prevent the club ground sharing, even Wembley has a limit as to how many events they can put on. The locals generally hate coping with one club's set of fans, the chances of anyone letting us groundshare in town are very low.

Realistically if we were going out of town I'd say Reading might be ideal because it's out of town so it can cope with that sort of set up, in other words when games are on there not too many people are getting annoyed, so it could work even though it's also miles away.

I know Brighton has been mentioned but I have not seen the new set up so I couldn't say.. Question is, if we have 2 years out of the Lane and out of London, where do we go?

I don't understand how the FC doesn't petition the city to allow Wembley to have more events while they need a stadium to play in. Is it that much more difficult to get things like that done over in England?

I don't understand how the FC doesn't petition the city to allow Wembley to have more events while they need a stadium to play in. Is it that much more difficult to get things like that done over in England?
Yes it is. Wembley is in the London borough of Brent who have a bylaw about the number of events that can be held there. How do the 5 boroughs of NYC cooperate on this sort of thing?

Yes it is. Wembley is in the London borough of Brent who have a bylaw about the number of events that can be held there. How do the 5 boroughs of NYC cooperate on this sort of thing?

The boroughs in NYC, from what I understand, are separate neighborhoods that are governed by one body.

Brent aren't going to inconvenience their voters by indulging the voters of Haringey, and a multi-million pound business like Spurs.

Why would they have to put it on a ballot? That's not something that a city counsel couldn't just decide? I'm not sure I understand the implications of letting Wembley hold extra events.

Why would they have to put it on a ballot? That's not something that a city counsel couldn't just decide? I'm not sure I understand the implications of letting Wembley hold extra events.
Well it fucks off the local residents. No, it's not a ballot, Brent Council are an elected body, and Wembley PLC or whatever it is are only allowed a certain amount of events.

Well it fucks off the local residents. No, it's not a ballot, Brent Council are an elected body, and Wembley PLC or whatever it is are only allowed a certain amount of events.

Wembley PLC is a private company, correct? What I don't understand is how they're only allowed to hold a certain number of events a year. Is it due to some sort of ordinance or something of that nature? How does it "fuck off" the local residents? Extra people in the neighborhood being boisterous?

Wembley PLC is a private company, correct? What I don't understand is how they're only allowed to hold a certain number of events a year. Is it due to some sort of ordinance or something of that nature? How does it "fuck off" the local residents? Extra people in the neighborhood being boisterous?
Exactly. It's right in the middle of a metroland suburban town. Good rail links, but lousy road links. When a big event is going on they have to have hundreds of police and horses just controlling the access to the station. It probably took 90 mins to get from the ground to Wembley Park station after the 2008 and 2009 League Cup finals, and the same for the Portsmouth semi. No more than 500 to 600 yards.

Exactly. It's right in the middle of a metroland suburban town. Good rail links, but lousy road links. When a big event is going on they have to have hundreds of police and horses just controlling the access to the station. It probably took 90 mins to get from the ground to Wembley Park station after the 2008 and 2009 League Cup finals, and the same for the Portsmouth semi. No more than 500 to 600 yards.

Damn, that sucks.

Shame rugby isn't more popular, because we could share with one of them. Which is also why I don't think Madejski is a starter: it already hosts Reading and London Irish.

sad to say IF it was Franchise FC , thats my ST gone for the year(s) aways only.

Brighton be ok, the rail links are as good as MK.
Twickers too but again the locals will be up in arms
Wembley's a non starter, for reasons given.

Readings ground is tiny and shit, ive worked there. Plus its in the middle of no where and a pain in the arse to get too.
My thoughts were to split between wembley and Twickenham. 9/10 games each. But I guess it's better to have one solid place set in stone. All the viable options in London are too small. Qpr? Orient?
I guess its Brighton or MK. I vote Brighton, Twice as much chance of getting laid.

When do the spammers move into the OS? If the Boleyn ground was empty maybe it could be rented for the year or two before it gets demolished. Wouldn't love going there but not many options about.

Readings ground is tiny and shit, ive worked there. Plus its in the middle of no where and a pain in the arse to get too.
My thoughts were to split between wembley and Twickenham. 9/10 games each. But I guess it's better to have one solid place set in stone. All the viable options in London are too small. Qpr? Orient?
I guess its Brighton or MK. I vote Brighton, Twice as much chance of getting laid.

The problem with Brighton is that it's very south...whereas MK is central and likely to be more accessible.

And I wouldn't worry too much about getting laid in MK...I hear Nick "Trevor" Sharp Nick "Trevor" Sharp isn't particularly picky...:eek: :D

Thought the Wembley thing was only if was open to full capacity? And wouldn't be a problem if kept it at 50k.

Back
Top Bottom