Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

don't get me wrong - I absolutely adore Hugo and he is a good leader - but I think Monday night was the perfect situation to illustrate why we need a street-smart captain in the centre of the park.

don't get me wrong - I absolutely adore Hugo and he is a good leader - but I think Monday night was the perfect situation to illustrate why we need a street-smart captain in the centre of the park.
We had this conversation Sunday in the pub after the game finished. Would making someone else captain next year be deemed as a slight to him though? He has done nothing wrong, but we need an outfield skipper. I reckon him Club Captain,and a team captain in the heart of the defence or midfield.I reckon Dier.The extra responsibility may curb some of his youthful exuberance.

We had this conversation Sunday in the pub after the game finished. Would making someone else captain next year be deemed as a slight to him though? He has done nothing wrong, but we need an outfield skipper. I reckon him Club Captain,and a team captain in the heart of the defence or midfield.I reckon Dier.The extra responsibility may curb some of his youthful exuberance.
Agree on Hugo, make him the elder statesman club captain.Not so sure on Dier, would prefer an older more vocal player. Never been a fan of goalkeeper team captains.

Anyone else think Hugo is exempt from criticism by a large portion of spurs fans?
In the last 4 games let's really analyse his performances:
1) was at fault for the WBA goal
2) should have done better for both Southampton goals (how exactly did Davis second one even go in).
5) let's in 5 against Newcastle.

He conceded 8 in 4 and generally looked dodgy as hell but it's like we blame everyone but him(myself included sometimes tbh). Very odd.

Dont judge the captain alone in our desastrous season finish. The whole team has let us down. Yes, the goals he conceded were a bit easy, but he saved us countless times...

pREECE-1.jpg

It's just one of many great saves.

The captain's role in the Premier League is overrated. It used to be something important wearing the armband and it isn't anymore really. It is a small bonus for the players, but they barely contribute a difference to the games. Every single player must take more responsebility for what happened in the last few weeks.

Gutted for Hugo. He's had an amazing tournament.

Hopefully this doesn't affect him going forward. Part of me feels if he'd won the Euro's then he'd of been happy to retire with us, now after not winning a trophy he may want to go and win a domestic one.

Hopefully I'm overthinking it!

Gutted for Hugo....
Part of me feels if he'd won the Euro's then he'd of been happy to retire with us, now after not winning a trophy he may want to go and win a domestic one.

Hopefully I'm overthinking it!
I think the opposite...
Had he won, he would've been hot property and with the medal to prove it...
As it is, he's still humble. He'll know where he's well off... he can return to the fold... and the embracing, comforting arms of Poch and his Tottenham family.

He'll stay after this... had France won, I wouldn't have been so sure...

Back
Top Bottom