Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Things I heard from his phone interview:
  • Talked about how Spurs are improving and we need to keep the team together.
  • Durham asks about challenging for the title next year: Lloris thinks the players are all committed and going in the right direction - wants them to be consistent.
  • Is excited about the Euros this summer (shocker) and they'll be flying off to train for that pretty much immediately after the last game of the season. Was asked about Griezmann, Pogba, etc but stated that the important thing is France's team as a whole rather than the stars.
  • Bit about England's talent: was complimentary about the English national team and thinks they'll do well in the next few years.
  • Expectation on France to do well considering the last time they hosted a major tournament (1998 World Cup) they won it.
Could have done without them just referring to him as 'the Spurs keeper'. He is our club captain for God's sake.
:pocheyes::llorisserious:

• Durham asks about challenging for the title next year: Lloris thinks the players are all committed and going in the right direction - wants them to be consistent.
  • Is excited about the Euros this summer (shocker) and they'll be flying off to train for that pretty much immediately after the last game of the season. Was asked about Griezmann, Pogba, etc but stated that the important thing is France's team as a whole rather than the stars.
  • Bit about England's talent: was complimentary about the English national team and thinks they'll do well in the next few years.
  • Expectation on France to do well considering the last time they hosted a major tournament (1998 World Cup) they won it.
Could have done without them just referring to him as 'the Spurs keeper'. He is our club captain for God's sake.
I was disappointed that Hugo didn't call him out about his article he wrote the day before calling us drunks and pub players along with the whole bottling thing and how unsuccessful our season has been. Shows how Durham is spineless, slags off your team then gets smarmy on the phone.

Did you hear Durham sneak in a "you have to win something for a season to have been a 'succes'" jab. Hugo didn't even clear his throat.

I was disappointed that Hugo didn't call him out about his article he wrote the day before calling us drunks and pub players along with the whole bottling thing and how unsuccessful our season has been. Shows how Durham is spineless, slags off your team then gets smarmy on the phone.

For some reason I just can't see Hugo reading the Daily Mail.

Most of talksport don't know what they're talking about. Durham steals a living by being the Diego Costa of the airwaves - tugging, baiting, spitting, smirking, calling your sister a whore, and then complaining to the ref when someone gets one over on him.

Did you hear Durham sneak in a "you have to win something for a season to have been a 'succes'" jab. Hugo didn't even clear his throat.
The funny thing is the Red Tops are trying to convince Spurs fans how we should be feeling. Literally every phone in I have heard there have been Spurs fans loving what we have done and feeling positive about the club.

It's Spurs fans trolling the gutter press with our happiness and possertivity, it's killing them.

(Got to say the broadsheets are very complimentary, Sid Lowe was slagging off the Red Tops for such bollox being written).

Fair enough. Emma Storey is nice too - I think it's mainly Craig Mitch that rubs people the wrong way.

Reassuring that Spurs fans simply don't produce anything like WoolwichFanTV when you put a camera on them after a disappointing result.

I think that Craig while he's on Spurred On isn't too bad, but he's made a complete fucking fool of himself on Filthy Fellas.

Dang. I really wanted Hugo to lift us some silverware this year. I'm really glad he is staying, hopefully we'll see him doing that next season

Dang. I really wanted Hugo to lift us some silverware this year. I'm really glad he is staying, hopefully we'll see him doing that next season
Was just thinking about this now... next year is probably the first time in my life supporting Spurs that I'm not afraid of facing any team (domestically that is, I'm not an idiot... Barcelona might well be tricky).
More to the point, we haven't been beaten by a team this season by more than a one-goal margin (Dortmund away being the one exception) and even though we've drawn more matches that we'd have liked, we're incredibly tough to defeat. That bodes exceptionally well for the domestic cups next year.

Back
Top Bottom