Home to Bournemouth - 20th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it will be 2-2 unfortunately.
A few of them looked a bit tired last night.
Not much recovery time. & b'mouth pass & pass & pass.
I think poch will regret picking some players last night for a hopeless cause.

Hope this cheers u all up!

Walker, Kane, Eriksen and Dembele fully rested. If Davies is okay, he could play instead of Rose. Lloris doesn't need rest.

I think we'll be okay.

I'd rather Dier skip this match. I think Carroll, Mason, Bentaleb -anyone can do a job for one game so he isn't suspended against Liverpool and United.

With our cup form............ :walkercry:

All league games have now become massive. With the Europa gone, I hope we can better prepare for every league game. A win against Bournemouth is a must, they are in decent form so we need to take them very seriously.

Having the international break will hopefully aid the recovery of some of our players. Although having Kane, Dier, Alli, Rose, Walker (has he been called up?), Toby, Dembele, Eriksen etc all being called up to play in some nothing games isn't great.

Does our game against the Dippers falls near/between their quarterfinal matches in the Europa? Hopefully they will have an eye on those games rather than the league. We should also have Verts and N'jie back for selection.

I'll probably throw the tv out the window if i see 30 shots on goal (mainly directly towards the keeper) and some bournemouth muppet acting like lionel messi running around our fatigued defenders.Need to turn up on sunday and have a tactical plan for them.

Walker, Kane, Eriksen and Dembele fully rested. If Davies is okay, he could play instead of Rose. Lloris doesn't need rest.

I think we'll be okay.

I'd rather Dier skip this match. I think Carroll, Mason, Bentaleb -anyone can do a job for one game so he isn't suspended against Liverpool and United.
I am not as confident as u with dier out the team. but hopefully u are right.

I think dembele & eriksen are both carrying knocks. so doubt will be 100%.
we shall see.

I am not as confident as u with dier out the team. but hopefully u are right.

I think dembele & eriksen are both carrying knocks. so doubt will be 100%.
we shall see.

Do bookings reset after April? How many is Dier away from a 2 game ban? Would like him to be available for both Dippers and Utd. Bournemouth though are going to be a tough team to beat.

Why the fuck did poch pick most first teamers last night? The tie was dead! He should have played the reserves!

He owes it to the fans to not make the same mistake as last week and get battered 3/4 - 0 at home. That being said he rested Walker, Rose (until Davies Injury), Kane, Eriksen and Dembele.

How did you want him to line up?

He owes it to the fans to not make the same mistake as last week and get battered 3/4 - 0 at home. That being said he rested Walker, Rose (until Davies Injury), Kane, Eriksen and Dembele.

How did you want him to line up?

I wanted him to play NONE of the players who will be playing sunday. The tie was dead, rest the players. Sunday is massive!

I wanted him to play NONE of the players who will be playing sunday. The tie was dead, rest the players. Sunday is massive!
You can't rest Lloris, Toby, Wimmer, Dier, Lamela plus the rest of the names above. You have to be professional and compete in every game. How is it fair on the fans who have paid their money to go to that game if you are gonna go out and concede a 3 or 4 goal loss. You can't do that, it doesn't work that way.

You can't rest Lloris, Toby, Wimmer, Dier, Lamela plus the rest of the names above. You have to be professional and compete in every game. How is it fair on the fans who have paid their money to go to that game if you are gonna go out and concede a 3 or 4 goal loss. You can't do that, it doesn't work that way.

Lol at you cant do that.yes you can and its what we should have done.theres no nobility in playing a best 11 in a dead europa tie only to throw away the title race.i am feeling the same way as i did before the west ham game.bournemouth arent villa,they are 2nd to us in workrate.these same fans poch panders to for playing a strong x11 in the europa will be calling for the players heads on sunday.our performances and energy levels are yet to improve since fiorentina at home..

Lol at you cant do that.yes you can and its what we should have done.theres no nobility in playing a best 11 in a dead europa tie only to throw away the title race.i am feeling the same way as i did before the west ham game.bournemouth arent villa,they are 2nd to us in workrate.these same fans poch panders to for playing a strong x11 in the europa will be calling for the players heads on sunday.our performances and energy levels are yet to improve since fiorentina at home..

Agreed. IF we don't win on sunday you can almost hear the excuses now about certain players playing Thursday and then looking tired on sunday. I hope last night doesn't cost us the title.

Another a quick one, I’m doing this on my lunch break. Let’s just go straight in with the line-ups:

screen-shot-2016-03-18-at-11-24-51.png

Lamela and Alli both started last night but were brought off early with Sunday’s game in mind. Dier supposedly took a knock and if that puts him out then I expect Mason to take his place. Toby, Wimmer and Rose will all be a little tired but I don’t expect that to stop any of them starting.

Pochettino seems close to committing to this kind of 433/3421 shape and I wonder if Dembele might spend more time on right of central midfield to accommodate and balance it.

Bournemouth were very weak when we played them earlier in the season. The common criticism of them at the time was that they were too attacking, too keen to play the football they wanted to and stubborn in recognising the quality of the competition they were in.

Eddie Howe, who will deserve all the plaudits he receives this season, stuck with his guns and now Bournemouth look more than safe. I’m very glad he did. The idea that every promotion team has to play defensive football to stand a chance of staying up is a crushingly depressive one but also obviously untrue. For recent examples just look at Swansea and, thanks to a certain Argentinian manager, Southampton.

screen-shot-2016-03-18-at-11-37-05.png

Having just praised their decision to stick with stylish, attacking and possession based football I think this is a game where they may well be punished for it. I’ve written before that the teams we’ve performed best against over the last 5 or so years are the lesser teams, like Swansea and Southampton who I just mentioned, that want to come out and play their own attacking game but are second best at it on the day.

Howe knows that Tottenham struggle against teams who defend narrowly and while he may take that in to some consideration Bournemouth will remain a team who play almost exclusively down the touchlines.

As said before Bournemouth have improved a lot since our last game and I certainly don’t expect Boruc to have the same nightmare he had that day. Afobe will trouble us with his mix of physicality and technique but only if we allow Bournemouth to supply him. And Bournemouth have that individual talent that can make a goal out of nothing – Matt Ritche being a personal favourite.

screen-shot-2016-03-18-at-12-58-55.png

If Ritchie and Gradel are instructed to mark Rose and Walker and our front three can pin back Bournemouth’s back four and Surman there could be a lot of space for Eriksen to operate in and for that reason I’m expecting a performance from him.
@TTTactics

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom