Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Son is absolute pants. Hopefully we use him as leverage to get Berahino.
I can't detect sarcasm that well from your post. Is it serious or no?
If serious, I would argue that he's only been here half a year, and it took our in-form Lamela 2 years to adjust. I would give him some more time, and judging by how he's played when he was in form, once he gets his first season over he'll get better

I can't detect sarcasm that well from your post. Is it serious or no?
If serious, I would argue that he's only been here half a year, and it took our in-form Lamela 2 years to adjust. I would give him some more time, and judging by how he's played when he was in form, once he gets his first season over he'll get better

Total sarcasm. Why would anyone want to go to West Brom.

:dierpochhug:

Levy and co are trying to sign perfect players for Spurs.
Well... Son and Njie are far away from perfection.
I still believe in Son, but not as a striker. He is good only on the left side.
Njie was a lost case from the start. Just look at his face... a new balotelli was born.

Njie was a lost case from the start. Just look at his face... a new balotelli was born.
ummmmm :llorisunsure:

zpjhojL.gif

N'Jie have shown a lot of promise, and often been a positive influence off the bench.
Agreed. Real shame that he got that knee injury as I'm sure he'd have been getting plenty of minutes this last month with the fixture congestion.
As long as he recovers fully, he'll definitely be 'like a new signing' this summer.

Son needs time to iron out his form. So exciting when he first came to us, but had the wind taken out of his sails with the plantar fasciitis.
Silver lining: perhaps he'll be fresher in the second half of the season than he would have been otherwise.

a friend of mine who was at the first leg leicester game in the director's box with mike sherwood was told that son's purchase was more of a commercial deal than anything.
looks like old habits die hard with danny

a friend of mine who was at the first leg leicester game in the director's box with mike sherwood was told that son's purchase was more of a commercial deal than anything.
looks like old habits die hard with danny
Son was a target for Poch at Southampton. Poch literally said to him "why didn't you join me at Southampton?".
Do people really have that little faith in Son?

Son was a target for Poch at Southampton. Poch literally said to him "why didn't you join me at Southampton?".
Do people really have that little faith in Son?
not saying i don't have faith in the dude, just that there may have been more than just footballing reasons for why he was signed. i hope he comes good still, he was on the way before his injury disrupted his progress so we will probably have to wait until next season to see what he can do, i',m not expecting anything from him for the remainder of this one

not saying i don't have faith in the dude, just that there may have been more than just footballing reasons for why he was signed. i hope he comes good still, he was on the way before his injury disrupted his progress so we will probably have to wait until next season to see what he can do, i',m not expecting anything from him for the remainder of this one
I wanted us to try signing Son for a couple of years now, and was kinda amazed that we pulled it off this summer!

As for the commercial side: I'd see it as an added bonus rather than the primary reason. Given that I saw a Son 7 shirt on a Korean student in Leicester about 3 days after we signed him, something clearly worked!

For me, Yedlin was the more shameless of our 'pandering to a market' buys. Though having said that, I think his potential/talent looked better at the time than it has turned out to be.

I wanted us to try signing Son for a couple of years now, and was kinda amazed that we pulled it off this summer!

As for the commercial side: I'd see it as an added bonus rather than the primary reason. Given that I saw a Son 7 shirt on a Korean student in Leicester about 3 days after we signed him, something clearly worked!

For me, Yedlin was the more shameless of our 'pandering to a market' buys. Though having said that, I think his potential/talent looked better at the time than it has turned out to be.
We also seem to have a token Aussie in the academy who then fades away. We have had Gallifuoco (who can now not even get into the Melbourne Victory team, and many want him out) and Mass Luongo (Who is actually a gun, think we sold him a bit too early. Was the best player at last years Asian Cup). Hopefully Glover amounts to more ;)

We also seem to have a token Aussie in the academy who then fades away. We have had Gallifuoco (who can now not even get into the Melbourne Victory team, and many want him out) and Mass Luongo (Who is actually a gun, think we sold him a bit too early. Was the best player at last years Asian Cup). Hopefully Glover amounts to more ;)

I thought Glover was a liability in the under 21s against the Chavs!

I want Glover to succeed just for the pun potential of a top goalkeeper being called Glover.

Side note: if there's ever a striker called Thunderbastard, we need to sign him up regardless of quality.

Back
Top Bottom