Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was absolutely awful for 20 minutes yesterday and then he woke up and remembered that he is a riduculously talented footballer
He is basically a second striker and if he gets regular games in kanes absence he will score goals

Great game yesterday...but even so, he has the touch of a rapist at times. I don't know if it's a momentary lapse of concentration or what, but his first touch is often diabolical for a Premier League footballer.

Great game yesterday...but even so, he has the touch of a rapist at times. I don't know if it's a momentary lapse of concentration or what, but his first touch is often diabolical for a Premier League footballer.

I know what you mean, for his first goal the first touch was awful, but then he goes and curls it in the top corner! :sonpoint:
can be frustrating at times but you know he is he type of player who defenders must shite themselves playing against, and I would be gutted if we let him go in the summer, and would love to see him sign up to a new long term contract!

It's a bit odd how he can fail to cushion a simple ball with a little pace for the first but then spank it like a $5 ho on a blind volley for his second.

:sonhmm:

It's a bit odd how he can fail to cushion a simple ball with a little pace for the first but then spank it like a $5 ho on a blind volley for his second.

:sonhmm:
Yep. And his poor touch before the first goal wasn't his only dogshit touch in the game. It just seems that he has infuriating lapses in concentration with the "easy stuff" but can pull world class skills off in the next moment.

Just thinking... is this the first time we'll be seeing Son start as our main striker in the 3-at-the-back system? (outside of cup games against easier opposition)

More and more, Alli became a second striker next to Kane - just look at the number of goals he's been scoring since the turn of the year (and Eriksen isn't doing too badly in the formation either).

What I'm getting at is: we'll have to see what Son and Alli's chemistry is like in this set up. Could be fucking amazing - though they won't be quite as familiar as Kane and Alli are right now.

We're also fortunate, in a way, that our opposition this weekend is Southampton - they're good, but will actually come to play. Son will hopefully have plenty of counterattacking chances against them.

Just thinking... is this the first time we'll be seeing Son start as our main striker in the 3-at-the-back system? (outside of cup games against easier opposition)

More and more, Alli became a second striker next to Kane - just look at the number of goals he's been scoring since the turn of the year (and Eriksen isn't doing too badly in the formation either).

What I'm getting at is: we'll have to see what Son and Alli's chemistry is like in this set up. Could be fucking amazing - though they won't be quite as familiar as Kane and Alli are right now.

We're also fortunate, in a way, that our opposition this weekend is Southampton - they're good, but will actually come to play. Son will hopefully have plenty of counterattacking chances against them.
Well Alli was pretty much the number nine in the first half after Kane went off, they rotated in the second half.

I'd love to see what a Son-Janssen partnership looks like up top. I think Vinny's hold up play would combine really well with Son's runs in behind.

I'm not too sure where that would leave Dele or Eriksen though

Well Alli was pretty much the number nine in the first half after Kane went off, they rotated in the second half.
I meant in the league, though. We'll probably find out soon enough!

I'd love to see what a Son-Janssen partnership looks like up top. I think Vinny's hold up play would combine really well with Son's runs in behind.

I'm not too sure where that would leave Dele or Eriksen though
Agreed. If I were to guess, I'd imagine that would push Dele to the bench (which is why I doubt we'll see it anytime soon).

Son is arguably out 3rd best player at the moment behind Kane and Dele. Even the goal talley says so.

Not even close!

Not here to hate, but were it not for the goal tally he wouldn't be in the conversation.... Not for a second.

Wanyama, Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose (when fit).... These guys are a 7/10 or above on a weekly basis.

[qupte]Having said that, he still needs to work on his first touch and mindful of losing the ball (albeit usually in the Opposition half)[/QUOTE]

....Says it all.

Beware the hyper-bobble.

Very unselfish in providing Janssen with the assist as I would normally have expected him to shoot especially as on a hat-trick.

Oh he was reluctant alright.... Watch again. lol

....Look at Vin's body language; he's like "I dare you.... just once....".

Umm... Vinny always tries to create chances for Son - Sunday was the first game I've seen Son even acknowledge Vinny.

Indeed. Watch back at the goal on Sat... Look at Vin's body language... Didn't believe for a second that he was gonna receive that pass from Son!

Indeed. Watch back at the goal on Sat... Look at Vin's body language... Didn't believe for a second that he was gonna receive that pass from Son!

VY has been waiting for that pass from the team the whole season and it finally came from Son in a good deliberate low to the ground ball. Why don't you take a selfie and post up so I can see what a fucking cunt looks like who has enough to bitch at a player who just had a hat trick and an assist

I think that this is a myth to be honest (well definitely when we play with a 3 at the back anyway). Everton, Stoke and Wba all tried to sit back and sacrifised attack minded direct players in an attempt to contain us and look how that turned out. I now prefer when teams do that rather then play their threatening players especially at the Lane.

Back
Top Bottom