Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How the fuck is winning a penalty not an assist? It creates a goal scoring opportunity.
As 1882 1882 says it doesn't really matter as long as the penalty gets tucked away but how these stats are put together baffles me sometimes.
Agree... I didn't actually know that 'earning a pen' no longer counts as an assist...

But if you think about a goal scored through 'open play' ...the move/pass that leads directly to a goal is an assist...

So if a player (usually Son) earns a Penalty through the build-up play or move immediately before a penalty is given, then the very next move/shot to happen is the penalty kick... so how is it not an assist?

I'm as baffled as you are Boltonspur Boltonspur

wPN4i3r.jpg

racist1.gif

Jan Bert Lieve Vertonghen and Tobias Albertine Maurits Alderweireld. We have only seen them as a pair 4 times (for 90mins) this season!
When you consider that, Lamela disappearing off the face of the Earth, and Kane missing a number of matches, it's pretty impressive how many points we've earned!

On balance, it may have been a blessing that Toby and Jan took it in turns to get injured rather than both being out at the same time. That wouldn't have been pretty.

When you consider that, Lamela disappearing off the face of the Earth, and Kane missing a number of matches, it's pretty impressive how many points we've earned!

On balance, it may have been a blessing that Toby and Jan took it in turns to get injured rather than both being out at the same time. That wouldn't have been pretty.
Yet all I have heard is we lack strength and depth in our squad.

Iffy player for me, our bench looks better with him on it, our first team does too, would have Lamela starting over him every time.
Partially agree with this. However every time is a strong statement given we will have virtually no speed with Kane, Dembele, Lamela and Ericksen leading the attack against a lesser opposition lacking speed.

Yet all I have heard is we lack strength and depth in our squad.

Yep......shit second string yet we are 3rd, and have been holding our own without once fielding the team from last season due to injuries.

That media mantra just keeps plugging away despite the facts.

Now its gonna be all this "we should have bought *insert any PSG player* in January" from the Spurs twitter crew

Yep......shit second string yet we are 3rd, and have been holding our own without once fielding the team from last season due to injuries.

That media mantra just keeps plugging away despite the facts.

Now its gonna be all this "we should have bought *insert any PSG player* in January" from the Spurs twitter crew
The very definition of strength and depth

Son is arguably out 3rd best player at the moment behind Kane and Dele. Even the goal talley says so. Having said that, he still needs to work on his first touch and mindful of losing the ball (albeit usually in the Opposition half). My only concern is even if he improves, he needs to fix his mandatory Military obligation as think he has another 2 or 3 years before he needs to do the stint.

Ok lads.
I just joined the forum to post this here.
Lived in London, now in Canada, but Spurs fan all my life.
Love Spurs, love Son. Ok?

I'm not Korean.
If any Son (Korea) fans are upset by the title,
I'm not trash talking.
Please read the rest.

First of all, yes, Son is a fantastic player.
He is capable of producing goals. Yes, we've all seen that in September.
He is still young. 24? He can grow to be world-class, yes.

We'd all love to see the lad playing for us. Ok? Don't get me wrong.
But we are Spurs fans, not Son fans.
We are doing fantastic... under Pochettino.
We are no longer - 'strong enough to be top 4, but off by a bit' team.
We are consistently keeping our top 4 place in the league.
And our main formation now, is to have a 3-back system.

Son, has proven to be not so fitting with our new formation.
This is where the opinions of Son-fans and Spurs fans differ.

If the team is doing better at 3-back, which Son is not the best in,
we are NOT choosing between Son and our system.
Where a team (or a manager) has to choose a specific player over their system,
is not going to happen. Simply.
Maybe if we have Messi, then we can talk this over.

You might argue, our team did better with 4 back,
but that is not my point. If the manager wants a 3-back system,
he will have it. The fans can say nay but manager is the one with power.
And we are doing fine with 3 at the back.

NOW,
why am I saying 'sell Son'?
I feel bad for the lad. He is still young, and has that 'potential' (any CM/FM fans out there?).
I'd say he deserves playtime to be a better player, and to prove his worth.
But I'm saying, it is going to be hard in our current roster and our main formation.
He is not even being treated as a 'super-sub'.
You know, when Lamela is fit, he will now have to fight for his sub position.

I'd hate to see Son leave, such a lovable lad.
but you know. That is the for the best of us.

Back
Top Bottom