Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was off today. Lost all of 1v1s + all the counterattacks got ruined when he got the ball bc of his shit first touch. He still scored the winner, so i will take that...

Today was the most obvious example of how goals and assists aren’t the only thing that matters.

Kulusevski was 10 times the player son was today. We really should have kept richy on instead.
Lol it's because you've got a clear agenda against Son

Obviously he didn't have his best game but he did his job and got the decisive goal - I think we are hard on him because of the player he is and has been in the past

Player ratings from from Ali Gold:

Dejan Kulusevski

Put Johnson away into the box in the build-up to the second goal. Pushed up on to the left wing in the second half before showing good strength to carve out a chance that Pickford saved. 6

Son Heung-min

Netted his 11th Premier League goal of the season with a bouncing shot and worked hard in a thankless role. Had a big chance to pass to Johnson late on but fluffed his effort. 7

72zy2l.gif

Lol it's because you've got a clear agenda against Son

Obviously he didn't have his best game but he did his job and got the decisive goal - I think we are hard on him because of the player he is and has been in the past

Player ratings from from Ali Gold:

Dejan Kulusevski

Put Johnson away into the box in the build-up to the second goal. Pushed up on to the left wing in the second half before showing good strength to carve out a chance that Pickford saved. 6

Son Heung-min

Netted his 11th Premier League goal of the season with a bouncing shot and worked hard in a thankless role. Had a big chance to pass to Johnson late on but fluffed his effort. 7
Oh shut up muppet. Embarrassing coming from you

I’ve said plenty of positive about son in his career. He just has struggled on the wing for the last 2 seasons.

I realize he’s being played out of position to accommodate richy (who is even worse on the wing). It’s clear we need to address the LW position as I see them both as CFs.

Premier League Record​

Appearances
Goals
Assists
Outstanding returns for a winger playing with one of the best Premier League goalscorers of all time (which will of course have helped too).

Sonny is truly one of a kind. I had my doubts about him as a captain but his personal qualities really do shine through.

Last edited:
Son for Spurs This Season

15 Total Goal Contributions - #1
11 Goals - #1
4 Assists - #3
9 Big chances created - #1

When it's all said and done, he'll go down as #2 in goals scored and #1 in assists for us during the PL era

All this talk about being a limited player that can't create... hilarious.

Absolute nonsense and agenda driven.

He will go down as one of the best PL wingers in history and he's ours, still at the top of his game.

Appreciate him while he's here.

Son for Spurs This Season

15 Total Goal Contributions - #1
11 Goals - #1
4 Assists - #3
9 Big chances created - #1

When it's all said and done, he'll go down as #2 in goals scored and #1 in assists for us during the PL era

All this talk about being a limited player that can't create... hilarious.

Absolute nonsense and agenda driven.

He will go down as one of the best PL wingers in history and he's ours, still at the top of his game.

Appreciate him while he's here.

It's not out of the realms of possibility that by the time he leaves this club, he'll be our 4th top goalscorer of all time behind Kane, Greaves and Smith.

To do that, he'd need to score 32 more goals in all comps. Which for a wide player is incredible really.

What a player.

It's not out of the realms of possibility that by the time he leaves this club, he'll be our 4th top goalscorer of all time behind Kane, Greaves and Smith.

To do that, he'd need to score 32 more goals in all comps. Which for a wide player is incredible really.

What a player.
and he could not take penalties cuz he had a another top goalscorer in the team.

Back
Top Bottom