Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From the start I have said Winks is pants. Watched the game last night and didn't realise he was on the pitch until he was taken off. Passes the ball backwards and sideways, can't defend, doesn't score goals (apart from the lucky one last week), doesn't make goals, isn't very fast, doesn't take on players, and he isn't a play maker. To be honest, apart from around a bit and look like a footballer, I am not sure what he does. JM has found him out, so with a bit of luck we will sell him, alternatively he will be used for the less important games against small sides.

From the start I have said Winks is pants. Watched the game last night and didn't realise he was on the pitch until he was taken off. Passes the ball backwards and sideways, can't defend, doesn't score goals (apart from the lucky one last week), doesn't make goals, isn't very fast, doesn't take on players, and he isn't a play maker. To be honest, apart from around a bit and look like a footballer, I am not sure what he does. JM has found him out, so with a bit of luck we will sell him, alternatively he will be used for the less important games against small sides.

He doesn't even look like a footballer. He looks like the typical millenial twat the wife watches on Love Island.
Bet he wears skinny jeans with a tucked in polo shirt and his top button done up outside of football.

I can't comprehend why people stick up for him as a footballer and the same people dislike Dele so much. Dele is younger and has done more in his first few seasons both attacking and defending wise than Winks will do in his entire career.
If you told Sissoko to stand in the middle of the pitch and make sure you only ever pass to the nearest player, he'd do a better job of it.

He doesn't even look like a footballer. He looks like the typical millenial twat the wife watches on Love Island.
Bet he wears skinny jeans with a tucked in polo shirt and his top button done up outside of football.

I can't comprehend why people stick up for him as a footballer and the same people dislike Dele so much. Dele is younger and has done more in his first few seasons both attacking and defending wise than Winks will do in his entire career.
If you told Sissoko to stand in the middle of the pitch and make sure you only ever pass to the nearest player, he'd do a better job of it.
Dele is 2 months younger. Don't quite get why you need to attack what he looks like or what he likely wears very strange that

Another example of the double sided loyalty in football.
If he stayed loyal to Spurs and never asked to leave the club how much shit would he get?

Amazed people can ask for loyalty from players, it’s a bizarre thought process when we show them zero loyalty.

Be good to see who is interested in him. I think he can improve still. His game is not built around pace so match experience should serve him well as he ages.

The most difficult part is if we have to upgrade on him, it will have to be with a homegrown player and there are not many HG CMs we could realistically sign in January that are better than Winks and Sissoko

McGinn, Phillips, Rice, JWP - no way we're getting any of these players in January for a reasonable fee

Lewis Cook and Hughes from the championship are decent, not sure they would be better than Winks and Sissoko
To be fair, we could replace him with a non HG and replace someone else with an HG and be back to where we are. But as there are few HG midfielders better than Winks (and don’t forget Dele too, as he’s on his way apparently) that we could realistically get, there’s not many HG players in other positions that we could get either.

And even if we get someone in, all it would take is a debut that’s not a ten out of ten and he would spend his first year getting fucking battered on here anyway.

Another example of the double sided loyalty in football.
If he stayed loyal to Spurs and never asked to leave the club how much shit would he get?

Amazed people can ask for loyalty from players, it’s a bizarre thought process when we show them zero loyalty.

Be good to see who is interested in him. I think he can improve still. His game is not built around pace so match experience should serve him well as he ages.

What double sided loyalty?
If we were a bottom half club and he was a top half player, most fans would understand him seeking out a level where he belongs. No one expects top quality players to stay when we're utter dogshit. What we expect is them to not be snidey cunts like Sol Campbel (and to some degree, Berbatov) when they go.

The loyalty he deserves is the club allowing him to go without trying to rinse a shit load of money out of some one. If a fair offer comes in and he wants to go, it needs to be allowed to happen.
The window after window that elapsed with Eriksen not going wasn't pretty.

And if we are not utter dogshit?

Modric, Bale, Walker. Every one was happy with them leaving. Every single Spurs fan?

You might think one way but don’t think you speak for the whole fan base.

I would have been upset if Modric went to Chelsea and very disappointed if back then he went to someone like Liverpool whp were no better than us.
But I'll make this absolutely clear. All those players were better than us at that time.
Bale and Modric went and won multiple champions leagues, league titles an accolades. Modric got the Balon D'or and he would never have had a chance of that at Spurs.

Walker won nothing with Spurs. He also somehow started to slip behind Trippier in the pecking order and was probably paid an average sum of money for the privillage.
He went to one of the richest clubs on earth to play for the highest rated coach in the game (whether you agree with that or not is irrelevent, he is/was)

I had NO grudges over any of those 3 players leaving. Bale especially, he probably knew AVB was a complete fraud and was going nowhere.

I would actually say the same applied to Berbatov and Keane who no doubt realised Ramos was a joke.

Other than the fact he went to Woolwich, if you listem to the wankstain that is Campbell speak about him leaving, he was actually fairly measured in what he did. We were pants. Really bad and he was one of the best defenders in the world. It's just a shame he decided he wanted to stay in London or else he may have gone to United or abroad.

I would have been upset if Modric went to Chelsea and very disappointed if back then he went to someone like Liverpool whp were no better than us.
But I'll make this absolutely clear. All those players were better than us at that time.
Bale and Modric went and won multiple champions leagues, league titles an accolades. Modric got the Balon D'or and he would never have had a chance of that at Spurs.

Walker won nothing with Spurs. He also somehow started to slip behind Trippier in the pecking order and was probably paid an average sum of money for the privillage.
He went to one of the richest clubs on earth to play for the highest rated coach in the game (whether you agree with that or not is irrelevent, he is/was)

I had NO grudges over any of those 3 players leaving. Bale especially, he probably knew AVB was a complete fraud and was going nowhere.

I would actually say the same applied to Berbatov and Keane who no doubt realised Ramos was a joke.

Other than the fact he went to Woolwich, if you listem to the wankstain that is Campbell speak about him leaving, he was actually fairly measured in what he did. We were pants. Really bad and he was one of the best defenders in the world. It's just a shame he decided he wanted to stay in London or else he may have gone to United or abroad.

Yeah but that is you.

Modric called a rat, Walker called a snake, I used to sit near some blokes whose lives seemed to revolve around giving Bale shit. Every time he took a throw in they were at him. I’m glad he made them eat their words.

You might have a balanced view on footballers but plenty don’t.

Doesn't look like a footballer, what the fuck does that even mean? Millenial kid dresses like a Millenial...oh the fucking humanity!

Yeah but that is you.

Modric called a rat, Walker called a snake, I used to sit near some blokes whose lives seemed to revolve around giving Bale shit. Every time he took a throw in they were at him. I’m glad he made them eat their words.

You might have a balanced view on footballers but plenty don’t.

So me saying that I was fine when they left and am fine with us getting rid of average players means that I do not have double standards when it comes to loyalty. That's what you said, wasn't it?

I only speak for myself. I couldn't really care less what strangers thought about Walker leaving.
Most football fans are over grown babies anyway.

I don't think he really has anyone else to blame but himself. I don't dislike the guy but you've got to be able to offer something more as a top level midfielder other than safe 5 yard passes sideways and backwards across the floor all game. Since his debut about what 6 7 years ago you can count on 1 possibly 2 hands the amount of outstanding games he's had and that's not good enough.

Can see both sides here.

Winks is a spurs lad and wants to do well for his club, but his ceiling Is below from what we want to achieve and what Jose expects in terms of performance.

I would be frustrated as well in his situation, knowing your days are numbered at your club but wanting to be part of it.

What is grinding my gears is some of our fans giving him dogs abuse about his supposed dress sense .................give him a break, he's one of ours, yes he may not be good enough and we can dissect his on field limitations all day but some on here need to fucking grow up and cut the guy some slack

Can see both sides here.

Winks is a spurs lad and wants to do well for his club, but his ceiling Is below from what we want to achieve and what Jose expects in terms of performance.

I would be frustrated as well in his situation, knowing your days are numbered at your club but wanting to be part of it.

What is grinding my gears is some of our fans giving him dogs abuse about his supposed dress sense .................give him a break, he's one of ours, yes he may not be good enough and we can dissect his on field limitations all day but some on here need to fucking grow up and cut the guy some slack
Agreed.

Another factor here is that he really, really benefited from our crap midfield for a while. He was starting so many games for us because our other options were crap or injured. Plus he's an England player as well. In his mind he was a starter for one of the best sides in the EPL and also a starter for his country. Well, now that we have better options he's not a starter anymore and his England spot is at risk.

Got to feel for the kid and it's probably best for his career if he moves on.

EDIT: I also think the Euros are playing a part in this. I'm sure he knows this team is capable of greatness this season and being a Spurs boy I'm sure he wants to be a part of it. However, I'm sure he also wants to retain a spot in the England squad for the Euros this summer, which is why he may be pushing for a move now. I think everyone would agree a summer move makes more sense but the Euros complicate that timeline.

Who wears a tucked in polo shirt?
images

Back
Top Bottom