Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A cheap piece of metal hanging from a ribbon is worth next to nothing though, the value held by a medal comes from the work put in to earning it. Going to City he will likely win all of the domestic trophies within a couple of years, given that City have won all of these multiple times already in recent memory, where is his meaningful achievement there?

If he wants more money then fine, if he wants a chsbfe if scenery then fine, I personally wouldn't be itching to leave on either front if I were in his shoes, but the notion that his career will be enriched by a couple of hollow trophies bought by blood money, that narrative leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Why do people become pro athletes? They wanna make money and win trophies. He's got one hasn't got the other.
Teddy sheringham did the same no? No one begrudged him the opportunity. H could have done it with us if we had some savvy leadership but they fucked over one of our greatest and most committed players.

It's really quite simple, it creates animosity between Kane and club. It's the start of a process of burning bridges, making it easier to leave. It's the same as Walker walking into Poch's office before a game and telling him he's decided to move to Man City.

If he's absolutely set on leaving, things could get a lot worse and those defending him might end up regretting doing so.
Nope. Not having it. No one is cross if he leaves properly. Disappointed for sure Nd upset definitely but he has no need to burn bridges and make it easier. We all love H and if people say they don't then they ain't spurs fans. We all want him to do well, ideally with us, but thanks to levy, hitchen, Jose et Al, it isn't so he goes with my best wishes and memories of fantastic games and times in my life.

Some in here make out he's the antichrist. Melts.
Loved your post though.
No way would H leak something malicious. He waits 5 days, releases a lovely statement, we all cry, wish him well and wave him on his way. He has nowt to gain by leaking.
I in no way think any less of him for (a) asking to leave, and/or (b) consenting to the leak.

Buried in all this stuff - so deep that many won't see it, is this...

Sources have told BBC Sport that the England captain, who has a contract until 2024, has not handed in an official transfer request or directly communicated a wish to move.

Still go on as if it's a given he is off - same as all the other press.

One of his mates has said something somewhere if there is truth to it.
If he hands in a transfer request he will forfeit a huge bonus.
If he asks the club to consider offers he gets to get paid.
Yet another example of what is wrong with football to add to crap managers not resigning so they get compensation.

Why do people become pro athletes? They wanna make money and win trophies. He's got one hasn't got the other.
Teddy sheringham did the same no? No one begrudged him the opportunity. H could have done it with us if we had some savvy leadership but they fucked over one of our greatest and most committed players.
I distinctly remember 10 year old me strongly begrudging Sheringham leaving for Utd.

A cheap piece of metal hanging from a ribbon is worth next to nothing though, the value held by a medal comes from the work put in to earning it. Going to City he will likely win all of the domestic trophies within a couple of years, given that City have won all of these multiple times already in recent memory, where is his meaningful achievement there?

If he wants more money then fine, if he wants a change of scenery then fine, I personally wouldn't be itching to leave on either front if I were in his shoes, but the notion that his career will be enriched by a couple of hollow trophies bought by blood money, that narrative leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
He's put in a fuck ton of effort with us no and thanks to levy and his penny pinching and lack of investment in a crucial phase, he has won nothing. He deserves that chance.

It's really quite simple, it creates animosity between Kane and club. It's the start of a process of burning bridges, making it easier to leave. It's the same as Walker walking into Poch's office before a game and telling him he's decided to move to Man City.

If he's absolutely set on leaving, things could get a lot worse and those defending him might end up regretting doing so.
I don't regret anything about Harry or defending him. I know what he has given to the club, I'm happy with it and tbh couldn't care less if he forces a move by any means necessary. What concerns me more is what WE do with the money, how WE move on. Fucks sake grow up man

Think we were 2nd or 3rd last season for net spend? Hard to find figures because a lot of sources seem to exclude making Lo Celso a permanent transfer.

Just for some context - this is a graph of our net spend on a rolling 3 year average by season over the past 16 years.
Highlighted the key stadium development milestones.

stadium-net-spend.jpg

We nose dived our net spending during the planning phase, maintained a negative net spend whilst planning was being approved, land acquired etc. Secured loans, paid out for things, then towards the stadium opening our spending started to increase.
Now the stadium is done, with long term debts secured - our spending has taken a sharp increase back to, and just slightly exceeding previous levels we were at before the stadium build started moving.

Here is the same graph with flat net spend season by season - without a rolling 3 year average;

stadium-net-no-3-yr-ave.jpg

I genuinely believe our net spend will continue to grow in line with the clubs growth and income.

I'm not sure Harry Kane will sit down with Levy to look at graphs or financial projections when thinking about his future though.

One thing in our favour is that Kane thinks he could be playing at the top level for another 10 years.
He might genuinely think there is time to win everything at City for 3-4 years, then come back to us in his 30s to finish the job he started - breaking the record set by Greaves.

All this tells me is we're back to spending what WE spent before taking a dip. Meanwhile the market has moved on and higher fees have been the case everywhere.

There is no evidence from 20 years of ENIC to suggest we will ever compete in the transfer market .

Not one fucking quote from Kane throughout all this yes SSN report it like it's fact. "We know...". Fuck off.
I'm not sure why the word of Sky Sports News is being taken as gospel.
BBC article this morning has the following comment;

"Sources have told BBC Sport that the England captain, who has a contract until 2024, has not handed in an official transfer request or directly communicated a wish to move."

Whereas the Sky Sports article reads;

"Harry Kane has again told Tottenham he wants to leave this summer.

Spurs are now making enquiries about replacement centre-forwards, in the first indication that the club are willing to consider the feelings of their 27-year-old talisman."

Although I'm convinced there is truth in his desire to leave, I'm not buying this supposed conversation actually happened yesterday.

Makes no difference - our season ended when we lost the Top 4 chance

Have a word thinking Sky is part of a global Machiavellian conspiracy
Mathematically, we haven't lost that chance.
Liverpool and Chelsea lose their last 2 and we win ours and we're in.

Logic says that set of circumstances won't happen. I would expect if both Chelsea and Liverpool lost both their games, our bunch of gutless pricks would shit the bed and lose ours too.

Am absolutely APPALLED and DISGUSTED by the way some people on here are talking about the best player we have seen in a spurs shirt for many a year and someone who has given everything for the cause and the badge. It's making me quite tearful to see how little respect some people here have given the guy who has given us such tremendous highs and exhilaration even in the darker times at our club.
For me, Harry dared to do and I love him for that.:dierpochhug:

It's not about Sky pushing all the best players to city.
I'm sure Sky would actually prefer 5 or 6 teams being able to challenge for the title and have all the best players.
What Sky can't do is make 5 or 6 clubs as financially strong as the current 3 richest clubs. You don't need to be from Delloite to know City, United and Chelsea are the only ones with a remote chance of putting a package together for a player of Kanes stature. And tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if the only one that could actually do it is City. Once you factor in a 5 year contract at £300k a week that's £78m in wages on top of a £100m+ transfer.
For a player who will have no resale value that's a compete write off of around £200m
Liverpool won't be doing it. Woolwich, Everton etc couldn't dream of it.

He says he wants to go and all Sky have done is use logic to dictate where he could go.
Sky and the media at large have been pushing the narrative that he must leave Spurs for the good of his career almost since his breakthrough season, and getting louder with every passing year.

Remove that constant barrage of noise and a young guy earning millions to play football for his boyhood club probably doesn't give as much thought to wanting to leave.

Once he goes, Grealish will probably be next, abd if Kane's replacement were to hit it off, he will get the same treatment.

Whatever you say. I don't particularly care either way (about the whether he consented to the leak). He wants to leave, which he has hinted at for some time, and has told the club according to the source.
But that's ok. He is allowed to leave and don it respectfully. No one could begrudge him that but all this consented leak nonsense is garbage and some of you should be ashamed of yourselves

Back
Top Bottom