Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hardly tinfoil. Sky source is obviously reliable and very close to Kane, probably his agents. It is more likely than not he consented to the leak as part of a strategy. A strategy he and his agents think gives him a better chance of leaving.
Ou say more likely than not he consented. I say it's highly unlikely.
Answer me this: why donit now and look like a villain and not wait 5 days and look like a hero?

Those 5 days won't make any difference to his chances of leaving....if anything, it endears him to the fans and maybe makes levy let him go as he's been a gent. He loses IN ALMOST EVERY WAY by leaking it now.
I say he had no knowledge of the leak and is fucking fuming

It's hearsay based on vagaries. It is most definitely NOT a fact. Ps I'm sure he wants to leave. I refuse to believe he has been a snide....someone in his team has fucked him and I'm sure he's fuming.

If he was fuming he would have said so on social media.
His representative is his brother. It is a very very small team, and a very small list of clients that CK66 have. It has not got out there without Harry's permission.

Kane would like out, and he wants it done quickly before Euros (never going to happen though in that timeline).
He has without doubt instructed his brother to advise that fact to other clubs.

I don't really get this mindset, where is the achievement in going to City and re-winning everything they have already won multipletimes over?

You might as well just bulk buy a bunch of medals on ebay. They could buy Vinicius from Benfica and they'll still win whatever they were going to win next year anyway.

What's even more baffling to me is why the media are so desperate to force moves like this? Do they really want every single decent player at the top one or two clubs? For the English Prem to become just another SPL?

What is so bad about good players being spread across the division?

It's not about Sky pushing all the best players to city.
I'm sure Sky would actually prefer 5 or 6 teams being able to challenge for the title and have all the best players.
What Sky can't do is make 5 or 6 clubs as financially strong as the current 3 richest clubs. You don't need to be from Delloite to know City, United and Chelsea are the only ones with a remote chance of putting a package together for a player of Kanes stature. And tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if the only one that could actually do it is City. Once you factor in a 5 year contract at £300k a week that's £78m in wages on top of a £100m+ transfer.
For a player who will have no resale value that's a compete write off of around £200m
Liverpool won't be doing it. Woolwich, Everton etc couldn't dream of it.

He says he wants to go and all Sky have done is use logic to dictate where he could go.

I’m having a hard time reading some of the stuff on here vilifying Kane.

He gives everything every time he plays for us and he accepted lower wages than he could have got to stay with us.

He rushed back from injuries so many times so that he could contribute.

As far as I am concerned, he’s been an exemplary player.

I won’t begrudge him for wanting to leave, and let’s be honest, most departures are ugly. He hasn’t behaved like a cunt so far at all.

If he was fuming he would have said so on social media.
His representative is his brother. It is a very very small team, and a very small list of clients that that CK66 have.

Kane would like out, and he wants it done quickly before Euros (never going to happen though in that timeline)
No he wouldn't. He wants to leave and ideally he would have waited 5 days to end of season. It's out there now so he can't deny it, and wants to focus on last 2 games so essentially is ignoring it.

Answer me this: why donit now and look like a villain and not wait 5 days and look like a hero?

Those 5 days won't make any difference to his chances of leaving....if anything, it endears him to the fans and maybe makes levy let him go as he's been a gent. He loses IN ALMOST EVERY WAY by leaking it now.
If he's fuming then he can put out a statement saying:

'I am now fully focused on trying to help Spurs win our final 2 games and achieve European qualification. Please ignore media reports. I will make a decision regarding my future after the Euros are finished. #COYS'

I’m having a hard time reading some of the stuff on here vilifying Kane.

He gives everything every time he plays for us and he accepted lower wages than he could have got to stay with us.

He rushed back from injuries so many times so that he could contribute.

As far as I am concerned, he’s been an exemplary player.

I won’t begrudge him for wanting to leave, and let’s be honest, most departures are ugly. He hasn’t behaved like a cunt so far at all.
Some in here make out he's the antichrist. Melts.
Loved your post though.
No way would H leak something malicious. He waits 5 days, releases a lovely statement, we all cry, wish him well and wave him on his way. He has nowt to gain by leaking.

Not one fucking quote from Kane throughout all this yes SSN report it like it's fact. "We know...". Fuck off.

Why would you need a new quote? When asked about his future multiple times during the last 2 years, he has never said “I don’t want to leave Tottenham”. He has waffled every time. We all know he has been considering his future. How could a world class player not be considering their future in our current circumstances?

When a story like this is in the Guardian, the Standard, the Athletic, Sky Sports, when all the reputable journalists have been briefed, it’s true. Doesn’t mean he will leave, doesn’t mean he has handed in a formal transfer request. But clearly Kane has told the chairman that he expects us to listen to offers for him this summer.

That the club bothered to put out a feeble non-denial statement tells us this is all true.

But Harry hasn't won anything somif course he deserves the chance. He's played his heart out for us and is a legend.
A cheap piece of metal hanging from a ribbon is worth next to nothing though, the value held by a medal comes from the work put in to earning it. Going to City he will likely win all of the domestic trophies within a couple of years, given that City have won all of these multiple times already in recent memory, where is his meaningful achievement there?

If he wants more money then fine, if he wants a change of scenery then fine, I personally wouldn't be itching to leave on either front if I were in his shoes, but the notion that his career will be enriched by a couple of hollow trophies bought by blood money, that narrative leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

It's really quite simple, it creates animosity between Kane and club. It's the start of a process of burning bridges, making it easier to leave. It's the same as Walker walking into Poch's office before a game and telling him he's decided to move to Man City.

If he's absolutely set on leaving, things could get a lot worse and those defending him might end up regretting doing so.

Back
Top Bottom