Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dragging us through games on a consistent basis. Finding a way round the anonymous performances he can be susceptible too, most notably Liverpool and Man Utd away when we really needed him.

I think goals on the international stage, especially at a international tournament isn't necessarily important criteria considering how poor England is but next for him would be to drag us through the Champions League, which in my opinion he'll get the opportunity to over the next years.

I think he's below Suarez, Messi, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Bale etc. personally.
Even Suarez, lewandoski, and Bale are capable of anonymous performances. If scoring goals is what you're talking about when you say dragging us through games. Kane can also contribute without scoring.
Ronaldo has gone 14/33 games goal less
Kane 15/28
Suarez 16/35
Bale 13/23
Lewandoski 15/36
Only Messi is consistently fantastic at goal scoring.
Just 10/35 goal less.

Kane is also very young. Just in his third season in the PL.
Edit: he is improving his game every year. Unrecognisable from the Kane of a few years back.

Dragging us through games on a consistent basis. Finding a way round the anonymous performances he can be susceptible too, most notably Liverpool and Man Utd away when we really needed him.

I think goals on the international stage, especially at a international tournament isn't necessarily important criteria considering how poor England is but next for him would be to drag us through the Champions League, which in my opinion he'll get the opportunity to over the next years.

I think he's below Suarez, Messi, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Bale etc. personally.
I'll take Lewandowski from your list because the rest are untouchable players. Lewandowski on BvB and Kane for us are very comparable. Lewandowski I'm sure has off games just like Kane does. But some people hold a microscope to Kane's season on here. Kane is also only 3 goals fewer than Lewandowski on that list above.

I find it difficult to call Lewandowski world class and Kane not.

If you put them in the same team, I think he'd stand out as being better than Bale, personally.

I think, to modify what Frank Sinclair said, is that he's underrated and under appreciated because he's not at one of the fanboy clubs.

That I can agree with.

Not a bad bunch to be behind.

Absolutely not. All of them older and more experienced than him too. He will get there.

I'll take Lewandowski from your list because the rest are untouchable players. Lewandowski on BvB and Kane for us are very comparable. Lewandowski I'm sure has off games just like Kane does. But some people hold a microscope to Kane's season on here. Kane is also only 3 goals fewer than Lewandowski on that list above.

I find it difficult to call Lewandowski world class and Kane not.

I think it's more the fact that I've seen Lewandowski rip apart the world's best on the biggest stage. Obviously Kane hasn't had that chance yet and hopefully he'll get that chance.

I think Lewandowski is just about the level above. It's all a matter of opinion though. As fans, we'd all look at the stats and say Kane is better than the likes of Costa and Aguero yet many other people will say Kane isn't on there level (because he's at Spurs).

Just allowed myself to look at the 'number of hat tricks in the premier league' table, wondering how long until Harry can overtake Rooney, Henry, etc...

Fuck I love him so much. The punditry shouldn't be 'does he need to leave Spurs?', it should instead be 'Kane missed a load of games through injury and has still climbed to the top of the scorers list'!

No draining Euros this summer. He's going to be a fucking animal next season (and probably during the run-in too).

Depends what's considered world class. I think he has the potential to be world class though, absolutely. Never seen such high improvement from one player.

That's it. It's so ridicilous to talk about "world class" when there's no official definition of what that actually means. In my opinion it's if you're in the top-3 in the world in your position and I wouldn't say that Kane is that yet. He's probably in the top-8.

I'm going to sound like a sentimental cunt, but I went up to Spurs yesterday, with my dad, first time we've been up there together since the early 90s, due to nonsense reasons, I got a couple of tickets on stubhub, dad was a couple of seats ahead of me, harry banged them in, and it was like time has never passed since our first game together.
Time fucking flies. Our first game was 89 with Gazza and Waddle vs the hammers. Now I buy the tickets and watch out on the pavement to make sure no one trips up. Fuck me, value time, it is worth so much more than what they call money.

That's it. It's so ridicilous to talk about "world class" when there's no official definition of what that actually means.

On Premier Manager 97 on the mega drive ('genesis' for those of you abroad), "World Class" was an attribute between 80 and 90, then 90+ was "The Ultimate".

Loved that game

On Premier Manager 97 on the mega drive ('genesis' for those of you abroad), "World Class" was an attribute between 80 and 90, then 90+ was "The Ultimate".

Loved that game

And to think, Harry Kane would have been 4 years old when that game came out.

Just because I love to update and post this once in a while, especially when people get on his back slightly and he answers by doing what he always does

93 Premier League starts for Tottenham Hotspur, 66 goals. 1.40 strike rate.

Unbelievable. And add to that he's come through our ranks.

This is great.

Some of the answers are pretty solid, but 'Law Abiding Citizen' as your favourite movie, Harry?

AxoMF91.gif

From F365, not bad for a penalty taking, tap in merchant, glad other fans talk him down because it means he'll continue to be our star player and talisman.

Premier League player – Harry Kane (Tottenham)

The Stoke defence might not have provided the most convincing resistance, while the last instalment – as is often the case for the third in a trilogy – felt somewhat anti-climactic, with Peter Crouch getting a decisive touch on his driven free-kick. But finding faults in Harry Kane’s third hat-trick of the season is like criticising Da Vinci because his painting of St John the Baptist is not quite as aesthetically pleasing as the Mona Lisa. It was not his most memorable creation, nor his finest on a technical level, but it was yet another piece to add to his growing body of work. And Kane is establishing himself as one of the finest artists around.

His first goal was finished sublimely after an assist from Ryan Shawcross, while his third was as fortunate as they come. But his second was taken straight from the official striker textbook, a wonderful example of keeping your eyes on the ball and ensuring your head and knee are over it to keep the half-volley down. The poster boy for practice makes perfect had football coaches up and down the country rejoicing in union. He even helped Dele Alli exorcise his demons, providing the pass for his goal.

Kane now has more Premier League hat-tricks than Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Nicolas Anelka. Turns out he’s alright.

Back
Top Bottom