Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's ridiculous to criticise him.

The issue isn't Kane, it's the fact that he's being marked by 2 or 3 men at a time. The players around him need to drawn men off him with more threat, but only Dele seems to.

Why is it ridiculous to criticize, he's one of the highest payed players our club has ever had. He has to be more consistent with his performances, there has been a few too many games this season for me where he has not done a lot. It's up to him sometimes to make things happen if it's not working for him, that is what sets the good and the great apart.

His goal record is great, I can't argue that, I am happy he's ours and one of us it would seem, but you cannot deny that his record is padded with games where he has scored two or three and been very good one week, and utter toilet the next two or three games. His performance level has to be a bit more consistent. I feel a lot of spurs supporters make too many excuses and allowances for him sometimes, simply because of who he is. No player should ever be immune to criticism.

I'm not Kane hating here, I love the bloke, honestly I do, but I refuse to be blinded by the romance of everything, I see things for how they are.

It's ridiculous to criticise him.

The issue isn't Kane, it's the fact that he's being marked by 2 or 3 men at a time. The players around him need to drawn men off him with more threat, but only Dele seems to.

How lucky are we to have this guy, a local lad and fan, fast becoming the best striker in the world, its what every club dreams of having, its once in a lifetime type stuff.

So, since the last update in January he has scored another 7 goals and has moved past a few more players on the all time list. Lineker was on 80 goals on 23rd place. Osborne (24-31) had 82, Cantrell (12-23) and Clive Allen 84 on a split 20th place. He is now on a all time 19th place with Evans (31-36) on 86 goals.

Three more goals to reach Falco and 12 more to get even with Taffy O'Callaghan (27-35) on 17th place.

14 more goals before the first century is done. How long before he reach that? If he can avoid injuries, he should have that well before Xmas next season.

Harry Kane is the first spurs player to score 20 goals or more for 3 consecutive seasons since Jimmy Greaves.

I think we are lucky to be living in a time where possibly dare I say one of spurs potential all time greats is playing! If Harry stays at spurs and injury free there is a very good chance he will break all records set at the club, and go down as the greatest striker off all time!maybe even bea I got shearers records on the way!
I just hope we get some silverware and a few PL titles as well for the shits and giggles!!
And what makes his even sweeter is he is actually one of our own! It's a fucking great time to be a yid! Long may it continue!!!

His first half performance was the best performance from a single player at White Hart Lane in one half since Gareth Bale vs. Newcastle - absolutely unplayable.

Two goals from outside the box, one being a free kick, 100th club goal in the process and a beautiful assist for the fourth goal. Top goalscorer in the league and the first player since Jimmy Greaves to score 20+ goals for 3 consecutive seasons. We are witnessing greatness. Jimmy only managed that four consecutive times, I think Kane could even better that.

Not a bad way to celebrate his 100th for the club - adding 101 and 102.

Loved the interview after the game. Asked about the 100, he just said let's hope there's another hundred to come. Asked if he remembered his first (of course he did) he said it was a poacher's tap in "like all the others". So yes, he does read the bullshit whining about only scoring tap ins. Love the sense of humor

Could we please stop the nonsense now about not being consistent? All players have good and bad spells but Harry's work rate and scoring are as consistent as anyone's
COYS

Not a bad way to celebrate his 100th for the club - adding 101 and 102.

Loved the interview after the game. Asked about the 100, he just said let's hope there's another hundred to come. Asked if he remembered his first (of course he did) he said it was a poacher's tap in "like all the others". So yes, he does read the bullshit whining about only scoring tap ins. Love the sense of humor

Could we please stop the nonsense now about not being consistent? All players have good and bad spells but Harry's work rate and scoring are as consistent as anyone's
COYS

He's only on 86 for the club so he's 14 away from getting to 100.

There are potentially 15 games remaining. Not out of the realms of possibility that he gets there this season but it's likely he'll break it at the start of next.

He's only on 86 for the club so he's 14 away from getting to 100.

There are potentially 15 games remaining. Not out of the realms of possibility that he gets there this season but it's likely he'll break it at the start of next.
He has 100 career goals. You're correct that not all of them were for spurs, I'm hoping the next 100 will be.

Back
Top Bottom