Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's 0 chance he signs a new contract. Top 4 and this Conte experiment are more or less dead now. Time for a full rebuild.

But don't you have your head full of magic and think we should be bringing in the likes of Vlahovic?

Selling the likes of Kane and perhaps Son certainly isn't going to help attract decent players to the club. They are two of the few high quality players we still have. Who in the right mind that has any sort of quality is going to want to join a club having a massive rebuild and with their best players leaving?

But don't you have your head full of magic and think we should be bringing in the likes of Vlahovic?

Selling the likes of Kane and perhaps Son certainly isn't going to help attract decent players to the club. They are two of the few high quality players we still have.
Yes, I would have sold kane and brought in a younger up and coming star Vlahovic if that was possible/feasible but obviously that was a pipe dream. Then let Kane go win his trophies with City. Win/win situation.

Yes, I would have sold kane and brought in a younger up and coming star Vlahovic if that was possible/feasible but obviously that was a pipe dream. Then let Kane go win his trophies with City. Win/win situation.

But why would any player in demand come to us? The only way they would is if we offered silly wages, and that's never a good basis to sign any player to begin with.

It's okay saying we need a complete rebuild but I don't think it's quite so simple when you're bringing in players worse than you already have.

There was a much bigger, more realistic chance of us signing Mitrovic over Vlahovic.

But why would any player in demand come to us? The only way they would is if we offered silly wages, and that's never a good basis to sign any player to begin with.

It's okay saying we need a complete rebuild but I don't think it's quite so simple when you're bringing in players worse than you already have.

There was a much bigger, more realistic chance of us signing Mitrovic over Vlahovic.
Fair points

I have no idea why anyone would trust a club who couldn't even upgrade Aurier to rebuild an entire squad, replacing players like Kane and Son in the process. This isn't getting better with a rip up and rebuild unless that process includes chucking out the owners first.

We wouldnt be buying in demand players wiht the kane money anyway. We'd be buying younger prospects for all positions and spend the new few years actually rebuilding.

Its either that or throw real money at real players while keeping kane/son and thats definitely not happening. So they will end their careers winning fuck all at spurs.

We wouldnt be buying in demand players wiht the kane money anyway. We'd be buying younger prospects for all positions and spend the new few years actually rebuilding.

Its either that or throw real money at real players while keeping kane/son and thats definitely not happening. So they will end their careers winning fuck all at spurs.

But there was loads of talk on here about us signing quality players, Vlahovic one of them, if we sold Kane. It was always complete and utter nonsense. No top player with any sense would join us for a multitude of reasons, and seeing that the club is selling it's best player(s) would be one of those.

The problem with him at the moment is that he has to drop back for us to create anything.
Shame we don't have another striker as Kane could just play 10 or even deeper.

The problem with him at the moment is that he has to drop back for us to create anything.
Yep he can't be on the end of his own passes. Not only have we not got another striker we're now using our only number 9 as a de facto number 10.

It's fucking madness.

If he drops deep a lot some people moan that our striker isn't in the box and we have nobody to hold it up or get on the end of things. If he does stay up top the same people moan that he's often not involved at all and goes missing. You couldn't make it up.

If he drops deep a lot some people moan that our striker isn't in the box and we have nobody to hold it up or get on the end of things. If he does stay up top the same people moan that he's often not involved at all and goes missing. You couldn't make it up.
Maybe he should work on his speed. That way he could play a through ball and run onto it.

But we're talking about Kane with the context of what is best for Spurs, right? Which would involve looking at other strikers who might do the job better. So what other forwards do on a weekly basis is highly relevant. I don't think the idea that Kane's passing range was something most top players would struggle to match is conjecture, it's fact based on watching other players perform. Considering you had ex players across the country raving about it, I'd say his fellow footballers mostly agree.

Okay but do you disagree? You replace Kane with someone else and you think you're getting maximum effort every week, no matter the fixture?

Apology for what? His form earlier in the season? Nope, it was terrible. His form lately needs no apologist sentiment, because it's objectively been all round pretty good. Even vs Burnley tonight he was playing well in comparison to his teammates. Was he not trying? Was there a demonstrable lack of effort? Or was he a striker playing as part of a team who were nullified, and thus (like any forward would) struggling to get on the ball enough in areas where he can make a difference?

Well we're working with very different assumptions. I don't think the way we play has much to do with Kane. I've watched England (With Kane) play very different styles of play. I watched us play very differently with Kane under Poch. He's a striker who can perform different roles, the reason we consistently fall back on his distribution is because we have little else in the tank. We focus too much on him because he's a level above in terms of quality. If we had better players around him, you'd see more flexibility. Signing a different striker won't do that.

Just to be clear, Kane was equally letting down his teammates earlier in the season, particularly pre Conte. His performances were poor, effort wise particularly, but also his passing was inaccurate and he was missing key chances too regularly. He's started contributing more lately because his own game has improved significantly. I don't think there's a single attainable player in world football who could on his own alter our dynamic and benefit the unit more than Kane does. Not one. The whole team needs to be improved.

todd1882 todd1882
Not reading that shit. The CMS has the ability to multiquote someone's message in order to verify context of someone statements. You've said you know how to use it and yet you do not. At this point I can only assume it is to avoid the very reason the fucking functionality was placed in the CMS so you can cherry-pick what looks to be my question and make it seem like you are being a standup guy and living up to your word.

I have no idea of the context from which you've taken my statements (and I can't easily check because the little blue link is not shown in your post because you copy/pasted instead of simply left-clicking) but I do know that you've NOT addressed my very basic and very clearly stated questions/prompts that only require a word or two to answer. Who intentionally puts in more work than is necessary to accomplish a goal?

You shouldn't have to write in someone's tag if you are directly responding to their post Herr Deuterz.

Back
Top Bottom