Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No. He signed a new contract happily. If he sees it out then he’s kept his part of the bargain. If he goes for nothing at the end of it, then that’s in the club for not negotiating a new one with him.
What he’s done is fucking disgraceful. He is disrespecting fans, his manager and his team mates by deciding now he doesn’t want to see out a contract he signed. And also telling the club how much they should sell him to City for.
Would you have preferred he didnt sign the contract and kept his part of the bargain on the previous one which would have ended about now and he left on a free?

Look at how many players in today’s match day squads played deep into the Euros and Copa America. Several of Kane’s England teammates are in the squad today, including two starters. If Kane wanted to be ready he would have been.

Ndombele didn’t get any minute during the pre-season for his half way out the door mentality. Playing Kane with one day of training with the team sends an inconsistent message to everyone else. Of course we can use Kane, but Nuno has to think beyond Kane.

He's not ready to play and therefore I understand why he isn't at the game - would just be a massive distraction, bloody Sky cameras zooming in on him every second, etc. I assume Nuno told him to stay home.

Get this game out the way and resolve the situation pronto

This doesn’t need to be an either or situation. Not sure why there has to be one side or another.

Levy can be to blame, and Kane can still be a cunt. These are not mutually exclusive things.

Yes a few years ago I wish levy would have pushed the boat out in the transfer market when Chelsea / united / Man City were all in transition , Liverpool got lucky with coutinho sale (and helped to bankrupt Barcelona in the process), but ultimately you can't really compete with nation states and oligarchs when it comes to spending - they're basically robbing their own countries to pay for their hobbies and to legitimise their corruption. I blame the football authorities for allowing it, and the media for never challenging it. It's all very well bending the knee but they have nothing to say about clubs run by regimes that happily use slave labour, stone homosexuals to death etc . Not sour grapes I would be sick in my throat if I supported Chelsea or city.

But you would have preferred that?
IF he had seen out his contract with us and left for nothing, that’s on the club not negotiating an acceptable new deal. They negotiated an acceptable new deal with him which he now wants to shit on. He is disrespecting everyone to get his way out of a contract he agreed to. Unprofessional cunt

Would you have preferred he didnt sign the contract and kept his part of the bargain on the previous one which would have ended about now and he left on a free?
He would have been sold on if he refused to sign a new contract, a la Eriksen. It’s not just ‘yes / no’ - it’s far from that binary. However, it’s easy to understand Kane, but hard to have sympathy for failing to turn up and go through the motions of his 200k PW contract.

He would have been sold on if he refused to sign a new contract, a la Eriksen. It’s not just ‘yes / no’ - it’s far from that binary. However, it’s easy to understand Kane, but hard to have sympathy for failing to turn up and go through the motions of his 200k PW contract.
Then kane could reject transfers and 'honour' his contract. What we have gotten from him in terms of performances and the 100m+ in transfer fee is more than almost any other player has given in the last few decades. We will be here even after kane, its really not a big deal, hes just one player.

He's not ready to play and therefore I understand why he isn't at the game - would just be a massive distraction, bloody Sky cameras zooming in on him every second, etc. I assume Nuno told him to stay home.

Get this game out the way and resolve the situation pronto
They said he is at the ground. I hope we can chant that he has f...ed us all over. He took the wages and then wants to run out

Back
Top Bottom