Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do we reckon his brother is going to get on in negotiations against Levy then?

Last time levy got him to sign Harry up to a 6 year contract. What will it be this time, a wage reduction if he wants to leave next summer too?

Going to be a delicate balancing act. Both think that they hold the aces.

I think at this point it will worse to keep a wantaway Kane. That interview really fucked the club, his team mates and fans over so close to a pivotal transfer window. Selling clubs will jack their prices and buying clubs will lower theirs because of the Kane money that we don't even have.

But Harry has an agreement with Levy. He stayed an extra year on the back of that agreement, by all accounts. I’m not sure I’d want to work for someone who goes back on their word.
Wow, you actually believe that "Gentleman's Agreement" horseshit?

Pray tell, what price did Levy promise he would sell Kane for? Is there any world in which your actually believe Levy said "yes Harry, summer 2021 I will let you leave for a price of 85m."

Pray tell, what price did Levy promise he would sell Kane for? Is there any world in which your actually believe Levy said "yes Harry, summer 2021 I will let you leave for a price of 85m."
Fair point, it may be media speculation, I’ve no idea. But if they did have the conversation then Daniel should honour it.

There are so many stories from so many different people in different positions about Levy reneging on what they understood to be agreed-upon deals that there has to be something to it.

Why would Kane think something silly like that if it hadn't come from Levy's mouth?

The club is supposed to honour the contract of a player. For the most obvious example, see Danny Rose. We have no plans about using him, but we are contractually tied to actually paying him,

On the flip side, the player, in this case Harry Kane has signed a six years contract. No one forced him to sign it back then, when things were rosier. He got brilliant terms, 200+bonuses a week.

Now he wants out. But it won't happen. Three more years. Even if he threw his toys out of the pram it won't matter this summer. For recent example look at Modric when he wanted to leave for Chelsea. The biggest clubs won't pay 150-200 millions for a player that is admittingly utter brilliant, but have one or two injuries that puts him out of the team for a longer time. They (City) will go for Haaland if they want to splash the cash big time. Chelsea and United can't have him.

So take a break Harry, win the Euros and come back to Spurs refreshed. We need you firing on all cylinders and expect you to help us kick back, next season is massive.

I don't log on for a bit and then this thread isn't on the first page!

My first thought was that it had been moved to 'Other Football'.

Thank god for page 2.

I've learnt I'm not ready to let go just yet.

I don't log on for a bit and then this thread isn't on the first page!

My first thought was that it had been moved to 'Other Football'.

Thank god for page 2.

I've learnt I'm not ready to let go just yet.

You won't have to. He's going nowhere this summer. There are more than 150 million reasons for that.

If he doesn’t get his move or if he chooses to stay, I don’t believe it changes his attitude at all. He’s hell bent on getting Shearers record, win trophies & he will also be after Greavesy’s record too if he stays with us. If he wants to leave then it will be for an eye watering figure. If he stays then he will always give it his all imo. He just doesn’t strike me as the sort of player that will let anything affect his form long term. Absolutely motivated to win. I hope it’s with us.

He just doesn’t strike me as the sort of player that will let anything affect his form long term
things like that can happen subconsciously though, if hes playing another year with the shit we have its draining for him. he might try and trick himself into being positive and having good intentions but you cant escape reality. its already showing imo, he looks fed up being around such incompetent shit.

What's Poch's contract situation at PSG like?
It runs through summer 2022, with further options. But that said: with Zidane probably leaving Madrid, PSG may want to make a move for him (given their long-time CL struggles, and his record there). So there's some plausible dominoes that could fall which would make Poch available to us without much fuss.

It runs through summer 2022, with further options. But that said: with Zidane probably leaving Madrid, PSG may want to make a move for him (given their long-time CL struggles, and his record there). So there's some plausible dominoes that could fall which would make Poch available to us without much fuss.
Interested GIF by reactionseditor

If he doesn’t get his move or if he chooses to stay, I don’t believe it changes his attitude at all. He’s hell bent on getting Shearers record, win trophies & he will also be after Greavesy’s record too if he stays with us. If he wants to leave then it will be for an eye watering figure. If he stays then he will always give it his all imo. He just doesn’t strike me as the sort of player that will let anything affect his form long term. Absolutely motivated to win. I hope it’s with us.
things like that can happen subconsciously though, if hes playing another year with the shit we have its draining for him. he might try and trick himself into being positive and having good intentions but you cant escape reality. its already showing imo, he looks fed up being around such incompetent shit.
I agree with daveyboy88 point. I just want to add.

You can go for the record, but at the same time being a hinderance to the team. Rooney final few years at Man United and for England is an example. He has the experience to get those goals coming, but his overall performance declined so much he was not only no help, but also a hinderance to the team. He still got selected due to his influence in the dressing room, but at the cost of the team result.

We can't blame Kane for this season, but you can see top scorer and assist still not enough to lift this team. If he's hell bent on scoring for himself, he can do that, but not necessarily resulting in the team victory.

Can easy be done like not commit 100% in defensive duty, to conserve energy for attack. I'm talking about scenario where the balance is tipped over to selfish player doesn't give a shit about how many his team would concede as long as he has his goals.

Last edited:
Raj Bains rant about Kane possibly going to Man City on the ‘Rule The Roost’ pod this week is one of the best on the whole situation. Proper both barrels and zero fucks given. Glorious stuff and what I’d expect all Spurs fans to act like. His finest hour IMO.

Back
Top Bottom