Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gerrard staying at Liverpool is very different from a player staying at Spurs.

Liverpool are a much bigger club than us and actually win trophies. Gerrard has won 7 major trophies with Pool, including one of the Big Two trophies.

They are firmly established as part of the Big 5, and previously were in the Big 4.

He would have had to play 32 years for us to win 7 major trophies going back to 1973, which let's face it isn't happening for an outfield player :)

Last edited:
Gerrard staying at Liverpool is very different from a player staying at Spurs.

Liverpool are a much bigger club than us and actually win trophies. I think Gerrard has won something like 8 major trophies with Pool, including one of the Big Two trophies.

They are firmly established as part of the Big 5, and previously were in the Big 4.
The goal of Harry Kane (and every other top player) should be to earn their club trophies, not jump to a club that gets trophies. That's the difference between being a great footballer and a legend. A player with real ambition should want to be a legend. Call me naive, but I think that's going to be Kane's career path.

People said the same about Bale after getting a hattrick against Inter Milan and teams were offering £30,000,000. How did that turn out?
Did they? Well they were wrong weren't they.

Come the end of next season, I'll buy you a beer if Kane is worth half of what people are saying he's worth now.

The goal of Harry Kane (and every other top player) should be to earn their club trophies, not jump to a club that gets trophies. That's the difference between being a great footballer and a legend. A player with real ambition should want to be a legend. Call me naive, but I think that's going to be Kane's career path.
Fair comments TY. I hope you are right and Kane stays with us and wins trophies. I suspect that might mean us getting a new manager and owners, I hope Harry is the patient sort :)

4 of ours in the squad...
Dier, Littletommy Carroll, Pritchard and Kane!
That's none too shabby... if they all stay in and around the England scene (possible for at least 2 or 3 of them) then I see NO reason at all why they can't form the spine of the 2018 World Cup Winning squad!!!

I'm pleased Kane has stuck to his word and gone with the U21s - there are too many players *cough Sterling* who think they are too good to play for the U21s. I know that countries like Germany will send their best team possible who qualify to play for the U21s and that's why they win tournaments. Hopefully Kane, Carroll, Dier and Pritchard will come back to us with a winners medal. :adethumbup:

I'm pleased Kane has stuck to his word and gone with the U21s - there are too many players *cough Sterling* who think they are too good to play for the U21s. I know that countries like Germany will send their best team possible who qualify to play for the U21s and that's why they win tournaments. Hopefully Kane, Carroll, Dier and Pritchard will come back to us with a winners medal. :adethumbup:

Agree, also after this transfer window we should hopefully have forwards to cover Kane in case of injury/tiredness.

Absolute bollocks that Sterling, Shaw and Barkley aren't included.

That said, happy that our club care for the U21-team even if it may affect our season somewhat. Proud to see four Tottenham players in that squad.

The only downside is, IF England somehow get to the final, they will be with the U21s until 30th June - which means we would't see much of them during pre-season. So the like of Pritchard won't get a full pre-season with us under his belt to impress.

Back
Top Bottom