Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He doesn't have to not be bangin 'em in to properly gauge his talent. As I said several times in this thread, he did well to pick the ball out of the air several times yesterday but then conceded the ball far too easily, and often just as the midfield was arriving to support and we were hence more stretched out as a result. It doesn't take a worldie to hold on to the ball for at least 10-15 seconds longer than he did and give your side a chance to create a rigid shape in preparation for scrappy last 20 minutes home side attacking play.

I agree that he was somewhat careless with the ball and doesn't have pace but the way I saw it (not the best view in the house, I grant you) was that he lost it a few times but it was just as often a misunderstanding between him and another. He played a perfect ball forward beyond the full back when Lennon was still making his decision as to whether or not to run. Lennon got a bit pissed off with him at the time but I maintain that Kane did the right thing there: Lennon should have made the run purely because he would outpace the full back and because there was better, safer time-wasting potential (and maybe a goal to seal it) at the United end of the pitch.

Long story short - those who are saying that the loan periods don't always work need to consider the player in question. What I've seen of Townsend so far is that he is a great athlete and wants to make it work for him - but I doubt he'll necessarily gel well with a team. Kane looks like he has a real brain on him and a lack of pace isn't going to stop him from succeeding. What made Townsend look good on loan is his clear physical ability over the competition (and his own team-mates) while, if Kane needs players to move around him and lose their markers (or to get him the ball in a certain area) he can't really be judged fairly on the basis of that.

I suspect that, if Defoe goes, Kane may be enough of a third striker to offer a different option to both Soldado and Adebayor.

Scored 5 goals against QPR in a game which we won 11-2.

I'm not sure if anyone else knows more about this game, but I just got a text telling me so.

I'm running out now to catch the game down the pub, so hopefully someone can dig up some info on this.

No-one seems to believe me on this but I reckon this kid is going to be our first choice striker within the next 2 years. From what I've seen of them I think the only other player coming through our ranks that'll be better is Pritchard. I know this will upset the Tom Carroll lovers and don't misunderstand me, I think him and Andros will be starters but these two I think will be pushing world class. Kane has a really powerful shot, his decision making is incredibly intelligent, he's really good in the air and his touch is class. I really don't get why people don't rate him. I think last night proved all this. Anyway, just reviving this old thread.

The partner definitely suited Kane. Chadli and him are big units to find in the box and they did well via the many crosses we put in. Soldado and Townsend looked like they were lost in monsterland.

There are uses for throwback strikers! Wrecking balls for parked buses, haha.

Kane looks like he has a little something about him but also looks like he has no confidence/conviction.
Id like to see him get loaned out to really build that up, Im not sure he could do it in bit part appearances for us and I dont see him getting enough games here otherwise...

Kane looks like he could be a solid bench and rotation player as early as next season. I hope we see him play a decent amount for the rest of the season. He needs experience and confidence. We have very little to play for and need to start getting our young players experience and finding out which players are worth keeping.

Less Lennon, Dembele, Sandro, Dawson, Adebayor, and Walker on the run in. I know what we have in all these players and that they'll probably all be around next season. I'm not saying these guys shouldn't play but they just shouldn't play all the time. Additionally, all of them besides Lennon have injury problems currently.

I'd rather get Townsend, Naughton, Chadli, Kane, Soldado, Lamela, Chiriches, Capoue, and Bentaleb Premier League experience and see who looks like they have a future at the club.

Kane looks like he could be a solid bench and rotation player as early as next season. I hope we see him play a decent amount for the rest of the season. He needs experience and confidence. We have very little to play for and need to start getting our young players experience and finding out which players are worth keeping.

Less Lennon, Dembele, Sandro, Dawson, Adebayor, and Walker on the run in. I know what we have in all these players and that they'll probably all be around next season. I'm not saying these guys shouldn't play but they just shouldn't play all the time. Additionally, all of them besides Lennon have injury problems currently.

I'd rather get Townsend, Naughton, Chadli, Kane, Soldado, Lamela, Chiriches, Capoue, and Bentaleb Premier League experience and see who looks like they have a future at the club.

There is still hope. Playing Naughton, Townsend, Kane and Soldado will hand it over to Woolwich. I want to make them sweat. They have to face City, Everton and Chelsea. They could lose all three of those. 9 points. We are 9 points behind.

Don't hand anything over to those shits. Full strength and 100% effort between now and the end of the season. The fringe players can go on loan next season or be used in the cups/emergencies.

There is still hope. Playing Naughton, Townsend, Kane and Soldado will hand it over to Woolwich. I want to make them sweat. They have to face City, Everton and Chelsea. They could lose all three of those. 9 points. We are 9 points behind.

Don't hand anything over to those shits. Full strength and 100% effort between now and the end of the season. The fringe players can go on loan next season or be used in the cups/emergencies.

SO FAR SO GOOD!

Was absolutely excellent tonight, really top draw. He did miss a couple of chances but none of them were givens. His link up play tonight was good and he held the ball up fairly well. He looks a really intelligent player and as Windy mentioned on Twitter, although he isn't the quickest he has fantastic technique.

Didn't look out of place at all and fully deserved his goal.

I still dont see that he enough pace to be playing as the "1" in a 451 or 433 as the "1" but would love to see him in the old Teddy role.

Excellent tonight. But as I keep telling 'er indoors...one swallow does not mean it's summer. He still looks laboured at times. But I'm as hopeful that he will make the grade as I am that I'll get swallowed before summer.

Glad he opened his scoring account, concerned that this resulted in Andros Townsend mode though. Hopefully it's not a habit.

Did a fair bit of battling

That's a bit unfair, I hardly think he resorted to just getting his head down and running, he released the ball when he need to and drove on when needed. Admittedly he had eight shots for his one goal but in at least 5 of those situations he was more than entitled to shoot.

That's a bit unfair, I hardly think he resorted to just getting his head down and running, he released the ball when he need to and drove on when needed. Admittedly he had eight shots for his one goal but in at least 5 of those situations he was more than entitled to shoot.

I didn't mean head down and run, that's a gibbs quote, I meant he looks a bit more focused on scoring a second than assisting (Townsend style) - Ade got his 2nd off a Kane rebound, but it was almost a dembele moment.

It didn't matter as we were home and dry, but I would hope that he wouldn't be that selfish when it mattered more to score as a team

I didn't mean head down and run, that's a gibbs quote, I meant he looks a bit more focused on scoring a second than assisting (Townsend style) - Ade got his 2nd off a Kane rebound, but it was almost a dembele moment.

It didn't matter as we were home and dry, but I would hope that he wouldn't be that selfish when it mattered more to score as a team

I see what you are saying but in that situation with the scoreline as it was no striker in his right mind would have squared it.

Back
Top Bottom