Glenn Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best wishes to Glenn. My grandma suffered a heart attack last week and has since been discharged (I think) so hopefully he has a speedy recovery too. Being at work would have been a huge advantage in terms of receiving fast medical attention. Much better than being at home or in the car

His Birthday was 27/10/57, as it happens only 11 days after mine. One of the finest English players we have ever seen. Oh, and not to mention a great England manager. Sacked for a personal belief, and that was a travesty, I hate the UK press. Get well soon mate, not just a great Spurs player, a great Spurs supporter

As a little boy he was my Hero. I was born Spurs, but watching Glenn Hoddle 100% confirmed I would die Spurs too.
I don't pray too often, but I'm offering one for him now.

A magician of a player, always felt privileged to watch him play. A unique talent that wasn't always appreciated by England managers but thank goodness, we did.
Hope that he gets the best medical treatment and he recovers soon.

The greatest ever Spurs homegrown player and the inspiration behind a great period of THFC history. Looking forward to hearing his boring analysis on TV again very soon!

This is awful news and thoughts with Glenn and his family. We were all blessed to have had him in our Spurs family, that day he came back as a manager was one of them days when tears were in my eyes at Spurs, he bought such hope as he was “Spurs” I have met him and he’s a lovely fella. ENIC sold him well short.

Now I am being a negative old sod in pointing out that the Lead articles on the website are still all about fucking finance and new stadium and nothing about our greatest modern player. This is astonishing and tells me why I would cry over Glenn being unwell and would never shed a tear over the wankers who run us.

Even their wanky Twitter feed was behind fucking Chelsea’s absolutely ridiculous

Last edited:
News will only come when the family release it. They are probably too busy worrying about his condition to authorise an update and it is therefore difficult for the club to comment.
Just hope he recovers fully.

thoughts with Glenn and his family - hoping for a full and speedy recovery - truly one of the best players to ever don a Spurs shirt. A absolute privilege and pleasure to have seen him in his prime.

Can remember meeting him at Rite - Price Sports in Stevenage back in the 80s. Probably the biggest moment of my life at that point.

My first Spurs hero and a player I always wanted to be like whenever playing.

Hope he pulls through, every spurs fan alive would want him to be there as we walk out in our new place.

Back
Top Bottom