Game of the season so far

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Enjoyed Villa in the league cup. Was a bit of a false dawn though

This. I remember thinking that with a second string able to play such fluent, attacking football, what could possibly go wrong?

It says a lot about United this season that our win at Old Trafford doesn't really stand out.

Newcastle and Stoke, obv. But I also think we did well against Chelsea at the start of the season and was unfortunate not to get 3 points.

For me I think the best I have seen us play this year was the first 45mins against Chelski. (I can't think of a single game where we have played well for 90 mins). We were intelligent with our shape, we were up for it, played as a team not a bunch of individuals and Towsend was a "genuine" threat attacking them on the front foot. 2nd half was the total opposite brought about by Maureen's changes but considering the quality of the opposition I thought we put in a solid defensive display too. This was a genuine test for us and I saw more positives than negatives (taking the 90 mins into account too). The bad thing about this result is we have not improved since then whilst they have, as you would expect a team with new signings to do so, the return fixture I am not confident about.
Whilst we dominated in the Stoke game and scored gaols, I am left with the feeling that was largely due to the fact that they were gash, rather than us being brilliant.

For me I think the best I have seen us play this year was the first 45mins against Chelski. (I can't think of a single game where we have played well for 90 mins). We were intelligent with our shape, we were up for it, played as a team not a bunch of individuals and Towsend was a "genuine" threat attacking them on the front foot. 2nd half was the total opposite brought about by Maureen's changes but considering the quality of the opposition I thought we put in a solid defensive display too. This was a genuine test for us and I saw more positives than negatives (taking the 90 mins into account too). The bad thing about this result is we have not improved since then whilst they have, as you would expect a team with new signings to do so, the return fixture I am not confident about.
Whilst we dominated in the Stoke game and scored gaols, I am left with the feeling that was largely due to the fact that they were gash, rather than us being brilliant.

Same for the Newcastle game.

They were utter gash. Like used, left out in the rain, cum ridden gash.

Made us look better.

We've had better results than performances imo......cant say Ive been in awe for over two years now.

Toon away for me.

Yep seems like yesterday we were identical to Liverpool, playing the best attacking football in the league, top 4 and chasing the rich teams at the top. Its not just the fact we have slipped a few places that annoys me its the fact we have a tradition of playing such good attacking football, fuck Woolwich and their fake 'exciting football' at the libarary which sends me to sleep.

In the last 10 years I have only really enjoyed watching two teams in the prem week on week, us and Manchester United in terms of speed and movement and its not a big surprise that Fergie always praised our style of play, admittley they had a little bit more success than we did but the point remains we were great to watch. Now with old Fergie and Harry out the door its bizarre to see how things have changed, Liverpool have become the new Tottenham, playing 100 mph football scoring and conceding goals willy nilly, Spurs have become the new Liverpool, winning and losing games 1-0 all the time

Last edited:
None of any significance. Tbh, it has been a long turgid season for me ... too many short memories.
Hopefully one of these games in this March Madness will shine up in the limelight.

Whilst today's game was far from the best, Soldado scoring and the tangible relief and euphoria felt by the whole team and almost everyone in WHL definitely has to be my best moment of the season so far.

Cardiff away 5th game of the season. Paulinho's last minute goal and the mental reaction to send us joint top. Was genuinely excited for the season at that point!
article-2426898-182C2B9300000578-970_634x390.jpg

We've had better results than performances imo......cant say Ive been in awe for over two years now.

Toon away for me.[/QUOTE

Tbh I havent left a match yet this season and thought 'My God we played well today'
Possibly had we gone to the Stoke game then maybe then. Plenty of matches where we had a good half or 30mins.
Newcastle away I think we only played as well as they let us. I did enjoy our away day at Swansea, while Villa away in the LC was the most comfortable I have felt at an away match, mainly because they were that poor rather than us being that brilliant.
Southampton at home promises to be an exciting match though

Back
Top Bottom