Frank de Boer – A good fit for Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely the best available candidate. He's made all the right noises about being interested in the club, if he doesn't come it will need to be for a better reason than Levy getting the hump over his reveal of clandestine approaches...I for one don't see any comparison with Pochettino but I hope i'm wrong as he looks nailed on right now

Definitely the best available candidate. He's made all the right noises about being interested in the club, if he doesn't come it will need to be for a better reason than Levy getting the hump over his reveal of clandestine approaches...I for one don't see any comparison with Pochettino but I hope i'm wrong as he looks nailed on right

I think any deal is far from nailed on..There are other candidates to consider plus FDB hasn't said yes or no as yet.
We all know what Levy is like this saga will rumble on and on and on for weeks.

I think any deal is far from nailed on..There are other candidates to consider plus FDB hasn't said yes or no as yet.
We all know what Levy is like this saga will rumble on and on and on for weeks.

Danny Boy does love to tease although the long drawn out affair usually ends in disappointment...like when everyone's clamouring for a world class-striker and we got Saha on loan from Everton...

I think Pochettino is a candidate, but not necessarily front runner. Thats paper talk.

I wouldnt be surprised if Levy was using the Pochettino talk and focus to allow him to talk with FDB more discretely. Keep the spotlight elsewhere.

Id be happy with Pochettino, but FDB is by far my preferred choice.

Superb and respected playing career.
Worked with some of the best managers around.
Done his time, working his way up.
Plays football the right way, very Spursy.
Promotes youth effectively.
Develops players in general effectively.
Pragmatic, a key skill for managers. Changes his teams method to account for the circumstances, such as..
Dealing with the loss of key players season after season (something Spurs need to account for)
A winner. He knows what it takes to win a title. Then another, and another...
Has so far dealt with pressure. The expectation at Ajax must be massive after his achievements.

Honestly I think he is made for us.

I think Pochettino is a candidate, but not necessarily front runner. Thats paper talk.

I wouldnt be surprised if Levy was using the Pochettino talk and focus to allow him to talk with FDB more discretely. Keep the spotlight elsewhere.

Pragmatic, a key skill for managers. Changes his teams method to account for the circumstances, such as..
Dealing with the loss of key players season after season (something Spurs need to account for)
Has so far dealt with pressure. The expectation at Ajax must be massive after his achievements.

This is exactly how I see it.. The Poch talk is keeping the pressure off FDB..

Good post Lister..

Hope Poch is indeed a smokescreen...Big Frank would fit us as snugly as an XS Durex on Dion Dublin :gomes:

This is exactly how I see it.. The Poch talk is keeping the pressure off FDB..

Good post Lister..

Lister Lister SouthStand Billy SouthStand Billy exactly well you know how I feel! 100% FDB, its always been obvious to me, even when AVB went that he was the man, pray Levy understands

Shame the morons on the podcast don't seem to have a scooby!! Can't believe they went for Benitez, he would be my emergency case if we had say no manager halfway through a season

I give him 6 months.

With Van Gaal off to United then the next best option for Spurs is Frank De Boer. Stephen Puddicombe states why FDB should be next to try his luck on the THFC managerial carousel.

Read article

Yep, AVB mark 2. Done well with the only decent club in a Micky mouse league. A magic manager, now you see him, and soon you won't. Only just a little more crazy than pottyhead

I've heard it mentioned before that though. It's a strange one to me since I would describe him as rather fast!

Yeh very quick for that matter, probably quicker than either Naughton or Rose and they are full backs, not Walker quick but few are, seen him sprint past people on a good number of occassions this season and outrun strikers trying to go past him. Odd myth indeed.

Yeh very quick for that matter, probably quicker than either Naughton or Rose and they are full backs, not Walker quick but few are, seen him sprint past people on a good number of occassions this season and outrun strikers trying to go past him. Odd myth indeed.

Don't know if he's faster than Rose, maybe in a hundred meters sprint. Not sluggish though!

I've heard it mentioned before that though. It's a strange one to me since I would describe him as rather fast!
Because of lack of concentration/communication with the defenders few times he's let his runner go, perhaps people equate that with him not being able to keep up with them or something.
Wouldn't say he's quicker than Rose though Tomo Tomo

You always post valid, articulate, well constructed comments Lister and you have again. But for me, there
is this nagging uncertainty about bringing in another untried/tested coach from abroad! I accept, Pochettino
was once this guy and its he, who I would chose over De Boer. For his EPL (Limited, granted) experience.
That and his general demeanor. I think he will steady and improve a very rocky ship.

Ultimately. I won't be that disappointed either way!

COYS!!

Back
Top Bottom