First Time Meeting a Spurs Fan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Buggot

Claiming all credit for Son since 2012
So, pretty funny (in a miserable spursy way) considering that we lost today and I was pretty down. A quick story today about how I met my first fellow Yid.

A little background info: I was at Orlando Florida, and apparently a LOT of British people go there on vacation. Like, so many. I saw them all the time there, and in a lot of EPL kits as well. Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, Mancs. Even saw Stoke, Newcastle, Everton, and Sunderland. Haven't seen any Spurs supporters though (maybe because of they knowing better, eh TFC?). I always wondered what it would be like to meet a fellow Spurs fan. I imagined that it would be glorious, because there would be little chance of that person being a plastic fan. Pretty disappointed to see no Spurs kits though.

It was the morning, and I was on my last day of vacation in Orlando Florida (Disney). I had worn my 13/14 Home kit and was following the game on my phone since I was not home. We lost, of course, and I was furious. Spursy at its best. After this at about noon I was at Downtown Disney. Spotted a couple of Man U kits as well as other kits, but never had seen a Spurs one before. After about an hour of wandering my mind drifted, and I was on my phone.

Suddenly, some random guy wearing a white shirt stopped me. He thrusted his hand into mine for a handshake and showed me the wallpaper on his phone: A Spurs cockerel standing on top of a Champions League logo. At the same time he said: "I've got to shake your hand". I was dumbstruck. I didn't know what to say. I shook his hand, and as he walked away he yelled: "YID ARMY!"

afterwards my family said I didn't say anything except "Yes.....", and had the biggest smile on my face.

And that was it. No prolong, nothing. A mere 10 seconds. No pish posh, just one Yid and another's quick interaction. After everything I had ever thought or prepared for, that was it. But I was stuck with a golden feeling I couldn't shake. It couldn't have happened any better. This is what it's all about, just the moment of glory, forever implanted into my mind. Even if I do have many better experiences I will never forget this one. COYS

TLDR: Boy meets Spurs fan and is being a sentimental tw@t about it

ha-gay.jpg

Nice. I live in place without many football fans and very few people who have ever even heard of us. It's why I love TFC so much. I completely get how exciting it is to meet a fellow Yid in person.
:adethumbup:

Yeah, you meet 'em - you have that little 'Spurs brotherhood' thing (which is great), and you wander off thinking 'was that that clueless cunt I was arguing with on TFC the other night?'

Nah.

The worst Spurs fan I ever met was in High Wycombe. I was visiting a mate, and we were in this shit pub called the Pheasant, and this fella was Spurs this and Spurs that. "You can't tell me anything about Spurs, I've seen them on the fucking moon playing the fucking Clangers" - all that shit. This cunt wasn't interested in being a part of anything, he was easily the most obnoxious twat I've ever met. He asked me if I owned any red clothing, I said no, he said nor do I ha ha ha. The cunt drove off in a red BMW.

Last edited:
Nice. A guy from a car complimented by Spurs training top yesterday (last seasons white one). Then again I live in East London where there's quite a few yids. :adegrin:Been seeing more spurs jackets and beanies around these days, more than usual. Surprising tbh but uplifting.

It is funny to think that one of these people could be on here cunting people off, or getting cunted off, melting etc.

Nice. A guy from a car complimented by Spurs training top yesterday (last seasons white one). Then again I live in East London where there's quite a few yids. :adegrin:Been seeing more spurs jackets and beanies around these days, more than usual. Surprising tbh but uplifting.

It is funny to think that one of these people could be on here cunting people off, or getting cunted off, melting etc.

I find it pretty funny, but in reality I think they're just trying to take the piss. Maybe not. If they are really this moany in real life then I don't know what to say. I hope I never meet a "bad" Spurs fan. Anyways, I love this forum. Clicked on it on mere accident while searching for Tottenham stuff and never looked back. Lurked for one or two years then finally made an account. I get to learn about English life and slang and etc. while learning about my favorite club AND laughing my guts out everyday at the posts. I shudder to imagine if I had joined by mistake a different Spurs forum :adebaehug::adethumbup:

I find it pretty funny, but in reality I think they're just trying to take the piss. Maybe not. If they are really this moany in real life then I don't know what to say. I hope I never meet a "bad" Spurs fan. Anyways, I love this forum. Clicked on it on mere accident while searching for Tottenham stuff and never looked back. Lurked for one or two years then finally made an account. I get to learn about English life and slang and etc. while learning about my favorite club AND laughing my guts out everyday at the posts. I shudder to imagine if I had joined by mistake a different Spurs forum :adebaehug::adethumbup:

I looked at a few others and they are all too serious for me. I enjoy a stat or two but you can't beat just simply taking the piss.

in Portugal none of my mates like Tottenham :pochsulk:
but one of my best friends likes Everton, could be a lot worst :soldadowtf:
It's not your mates not liking Tottenham that's the problem - they get a pass - it's strangers that you don't like liking Tottenham. They always turn out to be "oh I remember that Berbatovovich, wasn't he a brilliant goalkeeper?" That stuff drives me crazy.

I live in London overspill Essex and we obviously get a lot of usual Woolwich wet spam and manure but let me tell you this from my Great grandad (Edmonton area) we are a special breed and be proud of the cock and left it cro lol .

Sorry am drunk just got back and been of forum for a while as making sure my 6 year old supports spurs.Last mad game against Stoke park lane then Paxton lane end changing times and heads up.Coys.

It's not your mates not liking Tottenham that's the problem - they get a pass - it's strangers that you don't like liking Tottenham. They always turn out to be "oh I remember that Berbatovovich, wasn't he a brilliant goalkeeper?" That stuff drives me crazy.
i always said that Bale was gonna be world class, always be like since 2009/2010 and my friends didn't care, and I was so annoyed when in 2012 everyone was like "see Bale? he's a beast!!!".
bitch, i always knew that he was going to be a star :pochserious::pochserious2:
And when AVB signed for Tottenham, Tottenham was like the new trend team in Portugal for a couple months. Everyone liked Tottenham . :llorishuh:Spurs were the Arctic Monkeys football version in Portugal, then we started the season in a awful way :avbshock:

i always said that Bale was gonna be world class, always be like since 2009/2010 and my friends didn't care, and I was so annoyed when in 2012 everyone was like "see Bale? he's a beast!!!".
bitch, i always knew that he was going to be a star :pochserious::pochserious2:
And when AVB signed for Tottenham, Tottenham was like the new trend team in Portugal for a couple months. Everyone liked Tottenham . :llorishuh:Spurs were the Arctic Monkeys football version in Portugal, then we started the season in a awful way :avbshock:
Well that's what you get for following fashion Nabil. A load of shit clothes that no longer fit, and a hump you have to carry about for all time. You. Are. Now. Tottenham. God I feel so sorry for you - you could have had such a nice life.

Well that's what you get for following fashion Nabil. A load of shit clothes that no longer fit, and a hump you have to carry about for all time. You. Are. Now. Tottenham. God I feel so sorry for you - you could have had such a nice life.
i really love Spurs. It's such a random thing how i end up so attached with a foreign club. Couldn't had chose better if i could. :adebaehug:

So, pretty funny (in a miserable spursy way) considering that we lost today and I was pretty down. A quick story today about how I met my first fellow Yid.

A little background info: I was at Orlando Florida, and apparently a LOT of British people go there on vacation. Like, so many. I saw them all the time there, and in a lot of EPL kits as well. Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, Mancs. Even saw Stoke, Newcastle, Everton, and Sunderland. Haven't seen any Spurs supporters though (maybe because of they knowing better, eh TFC?). I always wondered what it would be like to meet a fellow Spurs fan. I imagined that it would be glorious, because there would be little chance of that person being a plastic fan. Pretty disappointed to see no Spurs kits though.

It was the morning, and I was on my last day of vacation in Orlando Florida (Disney). I had worn my 13/14 Home kit and was following the game on my phone since I was not home. We lost, of course, and I was furious. Spursy at its best. After this at about noon I was at Downtown Disney. Spotted a couple of Man U kits as well as other kits, but never had seen a Spurs one before. After about an hour of wandering my mind drifted, and I was on my phone.

Suddenly, some random guy wearing a white shirt stopped me. He thrusted his hand into mine for a handshake and showed me the wallpaper on his phone: A Spurs cockerel standing on top of a Champions League logo. At the same time he said: "I've got to shake your hand". I was dumbstruck. I didn't know what to say. I shook his hand, and as he walked away he yelled: "YID ARMY!"

afterwards my family said I didn't say anything except "Yes.....", and had the biggest smile on my face.

And that was it. No prolong, nothing. A mere 10 seconds. No pish posh, just one Yid and another's quick interaction. After everything I had ever thought or prepared for, that was it. But I was stuck with a golden feeling I couldn't shake. It couldn't have happened any better. This is what it's all about, just the moment of glory, forever implanted into my mind. Even if I do have many better experiences I will never forget this one. COYS

TLDR: Boy meets Spurs fan and is being a sentimental tw@t about it

Where do you live?

Back
Top Bottom