Fiorentina vs Tottenham 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doubt he'll play much for us again. After sunday, Kane will only be playing roughly once a week. Unless injured he barely ever needs to be subbed.

And AFAICS there is a strong argument to play Dier or Fazio as aux targetmen rather than field Soldado and Adebayor, in case we need to crack open teams who park the bus.

Not taking into consideration a reality-conflicting late season goal haul, I cannot possibly imagine him being here past august 2015. Fee must by now be considered complete write-off.

Agreed. Feel for him to an extent since he seems like a genuinely good man. But was such a poor, poor fit for the Prem from the get-go and makes millions to do fock all for this club.

Italy or Spain. lets hope to recoup a 1/3 of that purchase price. Doubtful w/ that age hitting 30 in May. FFS

I'd rather us play another youth player if we can't play Kane for some reason, develop someone we could keep rather than play someone we intended to sell.

Unfortunately our strikers in the reserves + u21 are nowhere near ready for 1st team football. According to the u21 thread, they are the weakest part of the squads!

I can understand why fans (and teammates and manager) have no faith in Soldado no more. Neither do I in Ade. Which was basically why I suggested the aux striker thing.

Kane can and will play all games full 90 mins rest of season whenever possible. The rest just goes down to how much we need a late goal.

If your honestly comparing our form and the manor in which we are playing at the moment to that of last years then you seriously need your fucking head checking.

You know what. I'm out of this place like i stole something. Fucking meltathon.

Where did I mention the actual performance? I started off by saying this has been a terrible run of results which will get so much worse if we lose on Sunday. I wrote off last season due to the poisonous manager and half the team that refused to play for him. Two weeks ago, I saw what this team were capable of by dismantling Woolwich. Since then? We haven't even got close to replicating that, and not won a single game, all of which have been big games.

I'll forget all of this if we win on Sunday, but for me that game has become even bigger now thanks to the last two weeks.

Hey, it's you who keep referring to speculative scenarios and me referring to things actually happening. So you tell me.

Those thing actually happened - along with the scoreline - shows us, that Soldado is not actually the crock of this tie. He's just a sad excuse for a record-fee striker.

The real problems are elsewhere. If you need more facts try looking at our league and cup goals conceded stats. Not nice reading

Yes.. I'm arguing that if Soldado had scored that goal, the entire game would have changed.. because, it would have. That's how football works.

Based on what you're arguing, one team should only play another team once in the entire existence of both clubs. That is literally what you're saying.

Agreed. Feel for him to an extent since he seems like a genuinely good man. But was such a poor, poor fit for the Prem from the get-go and makes millions to do fock all for this club.

Italy or Spain. lets hope to recoup a 1/3 of that purchase price. Doubtful w/ that age hitting 30 in May. FFS
Good man, decent player, poor start, let his head drop, went from bad to worse, lacked luck and lacked bottle at crucial times. Now it's just beyond sad, it's cringey.

Real problem was always the fee. He wasn't worth half it, IMHO.

Yes.. I'm arguing that if Soldado had scored that goal, the entire game would have changed.. because, it would have. That's how football works.

Based on what you're arguing, one team should only play another team once in the entire existence of both clubs. That is literally what you're saying.

Only, it didn't in the first game. Which blows your whole point flat out of the water.

You know the game, where Soldado scored and we yet still fucked it up anyway and leaked one home goal, which should have been more according to rune of play.

Did you see the first game? no?

We dominated, scored, then were 2nd best all game while conceding stupid defensive mistake. Exactly what you suggest couldn't have happened, if we had scored first today. Exactly.

I don't need to "try" since reality is backing me up - as opposed to speculative suggestions based on anger.
Haha, where exact did I said that it couldn't have happened? Of course it could. I'm just telling you not to be that blind to think that the game would have ended exactly the same way. A goal from Soldado and it would have been a different match picture.

Good man, decent player, poor start, let his head drop, went from bad to worse, lacked luck and lacked bottle at crucial times. Now it's just beyond sad, it's cringey.

Real problem was always the fee. He wasn't worth half it, IMHO.

Bagging goals on the reg in Italy and Spain.

See Soldado. See Lamela

Seems to me, a much easier task then bagging em in England.

also Dawson would go through a brick wall for us and always tried his hardest!

So does Fazio tbf. But all that trying, all that shouting, pointing, flapping arms, disguised the sad fact, that he was getting on and that he was involved in a increasing number of conceded goals as well. But because he was rightly popular, he got away with it.

19a6ec93bc218f97a1b8677d1d7eeef4.png
hate to say i told you so

I can understand why fans (and teammates and manager) have no faith in Soldado no more. Neither do I in Ade. Which was basically why I suggested the aux striker thing.

Yeah though I can remember us going there before under Jol and Calum Davenport and it never ever worked. I'm not sure how many people Fazio and get away with clumsily knocking over in the box at the other end. Vertonghan won't mind at least he wont be selling him out.

Haha, where exact did I said that it couldn't have happened? Of course it could. I'm just telling you not to be that blind to think that the game would have ended exactly the same way. A goal from Soldado and it would have been a different match picture.

No it "wouldn't". It "could". Not "would".

Which the facts so sadly illustrate.

The real crocks are 3 international defenders making 3 horrendous mistakes, for which 18 yo academy players would have been shouted off the field by their coaches. And rightly so.

Poch does a lot of talking about rotation..

Problem is, it wasnt Rose, Dier and Mason who we were bothered about getting overused tonight.

He rested three players who no one would have overly cared if they wasnt in the starting line up on Sunday.

I would very much prefer on current form those three to be playing over fazio, stambouli and Davies so I am glad they should be fresh for Sunday.

Bagging goals on the reg in Italy and Spain.

See Soldado. See Lamela

Seems to me, a much easier task then bagging em in England.
Culture, possibly. Reffing culture, pressing/dropping culture, marking culture. Still it doesn't explain them being shit in the EL, lol.

See Affelay from Barcelona. Wrecked his career. Curious thing, eh.

Yeah though I can remember us going there before under Jol and Calum Davenport and it never ever worked. I'm not sure how many people Fazio and get away with clumsily knocking over in the box at the other end. Vertonghan won't mind at least he wont be selling him out.
TBF, Davenport was shit.

Back
Top Bottom