Fiorentina vs Tottenham 2nd Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glad I had a good laugh at Woolwich TV last night. Back down to earth with a thump but it was lovely while it lasted. Thank fuck we are not a bunch of melts like that lot eh?:memeokay:

I'm pretty pissed off with the players but don't care now we're out and now we can focus on the cup and the league.

I'm just annoyed with players like
  • Soldado
  • Davies
  • Stamboulli
  • FAZIO
Basically the backup players. They were given 2 games to show what they could do, show if they were good enough to play in a premier league game, and what did they do? BOTTLE IT!

Stamboulli was the best of that lot and was average, I think you need to be showing your teamates and coach a lot more than average to be a first team player. Chriches to be fair was out of position. Soldado was his normal self and Fazio a liability. Davies annoys me because he looks like a wet blanket, at one point he just stood there and watched Salah stand still for 2 seconds, no effort to win the ball back! He seems to never take his man on or show any aggression which as a full back you should have in buckets!

All these players cost a fortune and were intended first team players. Baldini needs a kicking, just because he bought 1 or 2 decent players out of a possible 100 does not make him good! If I worked for a business that bought investments and bought 2 good and 12 flops I think I would get the sack!

Rant over. Lets go to Wembley.

It was good time here in this forum , It was always a hard task for spurs to come to italy and win given the fact Italian pitches are slow and the environment make player dehydrated quick so player cant last long
& italian are know for the defending .
now a huge task for them cuz i believe all player will be tired for cup final .

I'm pretty pissed off with the players but don't care now we're out and now we can focus on the cup and the league.

I'm just annoyed with players like
  • Soldado
  • Davies
  • Stamboulli
  • FAZIO
Basically the backup players. They were given 2 games to show what they could do, show if they were good enough to play in a premier league game, and what did they do? BOTTLE IT!

Stamboulli was the best of that lot and was average, I think you need to be showing your teamates and coach a lot more than average to be a first team player. Chriches to be fair was out of position. Soldado was his normal self and Fazio a liability. Davies annoys me because he looks like a wet blanket, at one point he just stood there and watched Salah stand still for 2 seconds, no effort to win the ball back! He seems to never take his man on or show any aggression which as a full back you should have in buckets!

All these players cost a fortune and were intended first team players. Baldini needs a kicking, just because he bought 1 or 2 decent players out of a possible 100 does not make him good! If I worked for a business that bought investments and bought 2 good and 12 flops I think I would get the sack!

Rant over. Lets go to Wembley.
There is definately room for raising questions over signings during 4 last windows, no doubts.

What's left of the Roberto Soldado fan-base....
giphy.gif

This time last year we lost 4-0 to Chelsea, 1-0 at home to Woolwich and 4-0 to Liverpool in roughly the same length of time. Suck your bottom lip in.

We've lost to Liverpool again in this period, and if we lose the cup final it'll be another loss to Chelsea. So that's 2 out of the 3 you said. You add in the fact it's a cup final rather than a league game, and we've also gone out of Europe playing terribly, I'd say that was worse.

The facts of the first game. In which we first dominated, then scored (ykw), then was in that wonderful position which you claim we would be in today, if only Soldado hadn't fucked up.

Only we as a team fucked up that position too. We lost control of the game, failed to create, failed to press and conceded another stupid goal (for which a single soul is not blaming Walker, lol).

Those are the facts from the first game. We were in the exact same situation YOU claim we would be in, if only Soldado had not fucked up. Those are hard facts. Did you see that game?

Oh, right... because previous games always dictate how future matches play out. I forgot that was how football works.

Tell me, what's the point of two legs, then?

If your stream goes tits up let me know I'll FaceTime ya if your not to busy writing on here mid game :adelol:

Am I supposed to be slightly bothered that I typed on here while watching the game?

Is that a new revelation in your life? That the game gets discussed in the match thread you fucking oddball.

Dont worry about my Sunday, I'll spend it just fine thanks

What's left of the Roberto Soldado fan-base....
giphy.gif

Doubt he'll play much for us again. After sunday, Kane will only be playing roughly once a week. Unless injured he barely ever needs to be subbed.

And AFAICS there is a strong argument to play Dier or Fazio as aux targetmen rather than field Soldado and Adebayor, in case we need to crack open teams who park the bus.

Not taking into consideration a reality-conflicting late season goal haul, I cannot possibly imagine him being here past august 2015. Fee must by now be considered complete write-off.

I honestly don't know how we ended up qualifying for this shit again after last season. I was confident that the only positive from that sewage of a season was that we wouldn't end up in this competition but somehow we keep finding ourselves completely lost and bewildered on yet another shitty Thursday night away. It's like a fucking nightmare we can't escape.

Sorry to piss on your sunflowers but if we win on Sunday...

I'm just gonna back from this forum until after Sunday by then I will be calm, family and work problems dealt with and we should be the proud owners of the COC, sorry for releasing my annoyance on you all , COYS

Doubt he'll play much for us again. After sunday, Kane will only be playing roughly once a week. Unless injured he barely ever needs to be subbed.

And AFAICS there is a strong argument to play Dier or Fazio as aux targetmen rather than field Soldado and Adebayor, in case we need to crack open teams who park the bus.

Not taking into consideration a reality-conflicting late season goal haul, I cannot possibly imagine him being here past august 2015. Fee must by now be considered complete write-off.

I'd rather us play another youth player if we can't play Kane for some reason, develop someone we could keep rather than play someone we intended to sell.

Oh, right... because previous games always dictate how future matches play out. I forgot that was how football works.

Tell me, what's the point of two legs, then?

Hey, it's you who keep referring to speculative scenarios and me referring to things actually happening. So you tell me.

Those thing actually happened - along with the scoreline - shows us, that Soldado is not actually the crock of this tie. He's just a sad excuse for a record-fee striker.

The real problems are elsewhere. If you need more facts try looking at our league and cup goals conceded stats. Not nice reading

We've lost to Liverpool again in this period, and if we lose the cup final it'll be another loss to Chelsea. So that's 2 out of the 3 you said. You add in the fact it's a cup final rather than a league game, and we've also gone out of Europe playing terribly, I'd say that was worse.

If your honestly comparing our form and the manor in which we are playing at the moment to that of last years then you seriously need your fucking head checking.

You know what. I'm out of this place like i stole something. Fucking meltathon.

I see where you are coming from mate and I'm sorry if I came across a bit over the top, had a shit day at work, a week of bad news and this bad performance put the cherry on the cake, usually I don't get this mad at a game but this match really ruffled my feathers with our major dominance and defensive woes, I will be at Wembley on Sunday just as I attend every home game and the reachable away games, if you don't want me to go, so be it, that's your opinion, I'll sell my tickets and ruin my family's experience if you so wish, once again sorry for my bitchyness, hope you enjoy Sunday :eriksenserious::pochbye:
Whether it's sarcasm on your half or you do actually get the point i was trying to make I hope you enjoy your day out and hope the family do too. I hope we all fucking do !

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I just noticed it. But what the point in selling Dawson and buying Fazio? He's just a taller Dawson who doesn't come from Yorkshire.

Dawson was good enough any more and wasn't suited to our style. I was all for selling him on.

The problem was not the sale, but rather fucking up the upgrade. Again.

Back
Top Bottom