FFP / PSR Requirements & Breaches

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’d just like to remind people of the Levy appreciation thread I created a while back, people mocked the Don but some of us knew he was playing the long game! :levyeyes:

All seems rather complicated. How much did chavs buy havertz for and sell him for? Wasn’t much diff. Surely it should be simple maths basically how much spend to how much you earn ratio.
Will be interesting to see how your boys fair. Havertz was bought before 30 June 2023 so his transfer fee is in this assessment. But Rice wasn’t bought until after so he won’t be in until the next accounts.

Unfortunately the Rice transfer is balanced against the sale of Balogun who was club-trained. Which in my estimation makes those two transfers about equal in financial terms for 2023/2024.

Are we actually the new Man City? World class manager , young decent squad , Fabs cooking in the kitchen and the only club with money to spend! :ange-arms:

All seems rather complicated. How much did chavs buy havertz for and sell him for? Wasn’t much diff. Surely it should be simple maths basically how much spend to how much you earn ratio.
You buy someone's and divide their price by the contract length, if you sell them within the contract length you take the remaining off the fee. Not that complicated and is standard accounting practice for assets of a company

why would it be only club trained players that get sold ?
surely selling a player you brought in must reduce the overall budget
Because players purchased are represented on the books spread over the length of their contract. Club trained players didn't cost the club anything and the sale is 100% profit.

I'm sure an accountant will explain in deeper detail, but that's the short version.

Which is exactly what I think it'll be. 💨
Wasn’t there a vote few months back about loaning players from clubs your connected to , it passed as the majority of clubs benefitted from it - what worries me is if they put a change to FFP to a vote ( is this even possible) it would pass as would be the same clubs that want it!
Honestly though if this happens and is enforced how lucky are we to have Fabs and Ange and this young squad now?
I think we offer the chavs £50 million for Gallagher and palmer or just tell them we will take them next season once they relegated :levylol:

Wasn’t there a vote few months back about loaning players from clubs your connected to , it passed as the majority of clubs benefitted from it - what worries me is if they put a change to FFP to a vote ( is this even possible) it would pass as would be the same clubs that want it!
Honestly though if this happens and is enforced how lucky are we to have Fabs and Ange and this young squad now?
I think we offer the chavs £50 million for Gallagher and palmer or just tell them we will take them next season once they relegated :levylol:
Cole Palmer isn't club trained by Chelsea don't forget.

Man City is really the elephant in the room. Until they take action on them it seems like tinkering at the edges with other clubs. They're probably reluctant as there would have to some asterisks added to their honours list.

Man City is really the elephant in the room. Until they take action on them it seems like tinkering at the edges with other clubs. They're probably reluctant as there would have to some asterisks added to their honours list.
I think City will be held accountable because of the action on other clubs. With 115 charges, they won't be found guilty of all of them but no way the escape that many without at least a few.

This was all about sporting dominance for them so I suspect expulsion but keeping titles (with asterisks).

Chelsea I can see points/fine but they'd be fine with losing titles because they were earned under a different regime and seemingly reported themselves to the commission.

I guess we find out on Monday. It sounds like Forest, Bournemouth and Everton are most at risk of breach. Woolwich, Chelsea and Man U may be close to the line so may have to sell a club trained player to buy anyone, even in the summer.

for Woolwich the most obvious emergency sales to create breathing space are
Nketiah - but given he is on £100k a week not sure there will be many buyers for a 3rd choice striker in any half decent team.
Nelson - I don’t know much about him
Smith-Rowe - most likely sale I would have thought. But who has money to buy?
Saka - most sellable
But who can buy Saka?

Imagine the bald cunt had it all sussed
Yes just imagine?
fairy tale animation GIF

Price is a question of demand and supply. If the seller needs to sell, and there aren’t many buyers due to FFP, then price may not be what it was.

im not saying us, but anyone with money if Woolwich have to sell.
Anyone who has played with Woolwich is tainted and rotten to the core!

why would it be only club trained players that get sold ?
surely selling a player you brought in must reduce the overall budget

Club trained is pure 100% profit. You didn't pay anything for them so if you sell for 40million it's 40m in profit.

If you buy a player for 30million then sell him for 40m only 10 million profit.

You are obviously correct that as long as it's a profit it does go on the books. Look at what Brighton for example do, if you can buy for 5 million and sell for 90 2 years later like they did Caicedo then it's just as good.

But obviously mark up on that is much less like then just selling academy graduates for 100% pure profit every time.

Back
Top Bottom