FFP / PSR Requirements & Breaches

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess we find out on Monday. It sounds like Forest, Bournemouth and Everton are most at risk of breach. Woolwich, Chelsea and Man U may be close to the line so may have to sell a club trained player to buy anyone, even in the summer.

for Woolwich the most obvious emergency sales to create breathing space are
Nketiah - but given he is on £100k a week not sure there will be many buyers for a 3rd choice striker in any half decent team.
Nelson - I don’t know much about him
Smith-Rowe - most likely sale I would have thought. But who has money to buy?
Saka - most sellable

Unfortunately it seems like a couple of stupid clubs are tussling to sign Nketiah for 30m +

I remember Ali G saying in one of his videos last year that Levy’s been banking on this happening for a while.

Must admit at the time when he said it, I thought we’d be waiting a long time for it to come about
I remember Daniel saying about a year ago that things will change in the future . I think this is happening because the prem lge need to show that they can keep their own house in order ahead of the imminent arrival of the Football Regulator. Not before time too.
On the other hand we have the likes of Martin Samuel in the Times saying scrap FFP , if an owner can afford it ,let him spend it. That’s ok if it’s an Arab nation state. Ask Reading fans what they think if it as they slowly go bankrupt.
Woolwich must be close to the limit as they had to loan Raya instead of a purchase.
Should be interesting tomorrow. Everton might be back in the cart.

Won’t be charged, but they defintely have to be careful with spending which is still good

I think Woolwich have already said they will not be spending this window due to profit and sustainability/ffp rules - so as you say tight rather than in breach already.

Wasn’t there a vote few months back about loaning players from clubs your connected to , it passed as the majority of clubs benefitted from it - what worries me is if they put a change to FFP to a vote ( is this even possible) it would pass as would be the same clubs that want it!
Honestly though if this happens and is enforced how lucky are we to have Fabs and Ange and this young squad now?
I think we offer the chavs £50 million for Gallagher and palmer or just tell them we will take them next season once they relegated :levylol:

All clubs and leagues are concerned that the Football Regulator once appointed will be fully behind Profit and Sustainability/FFP type rules. So PL will NOT be able to opt out.

You buy someone's and divide their price by the contract length, if you sell them within the contract length you take the remaining off the fee. Not that complicated and is standard accounting practice for assets of a company
Still seems like BS and open to manipulation like chavs have done. Most business write down assets after 3 years. Most football clubs give players contracts of 4/5 years except chavs.

I remember Daniel saying about a year ago that things will change in the future . I think this is happening because the prem lge need to show that they can keep their own house in order ahead of the imminent arrival of the Football Regulator. Not before time too.
On the other hand we have the likes of Martin Samuel in the Times saying scrap FFP , if an owner can afford it ,let him spend it. That’s ok if it’s an Arab nation state. Ask Reading fans what they think if it as they slowly go bankrupt.
Woolwich must be close to the limit as they had to loan Raya instead of a purchase.
It was said that Everton may get a second charge a couple of weeks ago. Imagine that 🤣

Martin Samual is a tit.

FFP is a tool that will help prevent corruption in sport going forward as it will make it harder for dictators to buy clubs and shower them with money to buy trophies to massage their fragile egos while clubs with limited money (ie everyone else) risk it all trying to keep up. Without FFP Newcastle could buy anyone, while Chelsea wouldn’t need to do crazy 8 year deals.

The argument against has always been well it keeps the big clubs at the top as they have the big stadiums to generate revenue that can be used for larger spending. Well FFP allows you to invest and build 80-90k stadiums without impacting FFP so if City or Newcastle want to spend more they are welcome to knock their stadiums down and build far big ones with more corporate facilities.

Still seems like BS and open to manipulation like chavs have done. Most business write down assets after 3 years. Most football clubs give players contracts of 4/5 years except chavs.
Amortization is the standard in most businesses. If a Crane lasts 10 years you amortise over 10 years. Football copied accounting rules.

Ffp can discard amortization if it wants but they decided to copy existing business practices. Which was probably right.

Well, that’s why they changed the rule so that clubs can’t amortize the contracts over 8 years as they were doing. Chelsea got away with it for that window (although there are consequences, and it’s not exactly a get out of jail free card).

Well, that’s why they changed the rule so that clubs can’t amortize the contracts over 8 years as they were doing. Chelsea got away with it for that window (although there are consequences, and it’s not exactly a get out of jail free card).
Let’s hope so the cheating fuckers. They should look at all the payments made Roman and his fellow dodgy fuckers.

Amortization is the standard in most businesses. If a Crane lasts 10 years you amortise over 10 years. Football copied accounting rules.

Ffp can discard amortization if it wants but they decided to copy existing business practices. Which was probably right.

It does leave some weird oddities though. We reported a loss mostly driven by the the value of the stadium declining, I think it was £60-80m or something which will continue for about 10-15 years until our stadium on the book is worth zero. Obviously we aren’t going to knock the stadium down and rebuild it in 10 years time when it becomes worthless, I think Woolwich did the same for tax reasons.

Back
Top Bottom