Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love the way he shoved Frazier Campbell to the floor yesterday after he shoved Hugo BOSS!
I love seeing that from our players. I think he had a very good game yesterday. If Stambouli doesn't slide in and if Walker doesn't let Zaha by him I don't think we give up a goal. His only real mistake was when Pennant? got in and Hugo made the brilliant save to keep the game level. Other than that I can't think of any wrongdoing. He looks to be getting better and I think he and Jan are developing a great partnership.

I love seeing that from our players. I think he had a very good game yesterday. If Stambouli doesn't slide in and if Walker doesn't let Zaha by him I don't think we give up a goal. His only real mistake was when Pennant? got in and Hugo made the brilliant save to keep the game level. Other than that I can't think of any wrongdoing. He looks to be getting better and I think he and Jan are developing a great partnership.
I think thats why Poch got him, he's a tough fucker and organises the back line, wasn't completely convinced when we got him but I agree with you he was very good yesterday and the partnership with Verts is getting very good!

I think he's an absolute calamity as a defender and only seems to dominate aerial duels - thought we were looking to upgrade Dawson?

We should be all over the Nastasic deal or at least keep an option for Hummels / Clyne

Fazio has been pretty good lately and apart from his 1-2 brain fart moments in games, his partnership with Verts looks promising. Don't think we will be capable of signing anyone better than him with our budget/reputation. Nastasic is young and no way is he replacing Fazio if he signs. Build on this partnership and hopefully Fazio cuts out his mistakes.

I think he's an absolute calamity as a defender and only seems to dominate aerial duels - thought we were looking to upgrade Dawson?

We should be all over the Nastasic deal or at least keep an option for Hummels / Clyne

Fazios improvement onto Dawson is primarily positioning. Dawson was terrible as soon as attackers came in behind defence and put ball into the ball from wings.

Trouble is, that Fazio makes such a terrible amount of individual errors. Each game.

Fazio has his moments of complete brain meltdown, but i must say it's refreshing having a defender who wins fucking everything in the air, that in itself is a godsend, stops half the long balls getting through.

d7TBk.gif

Don't get the Fazio hate, been solid lately
He's looking ok, I wouldn't say solid. Has a ways to go yet.

Our defense have improved by leaps and bounds, but we still allow some absolutely silly chances. We've cut out a little bit of the softness in conceding goals, but the true mark of a good defense is in not allowing chances, not making last ditch saves reliant upon luck as we still do with regularity, and we're still heavily reliant on Lloris.

If you took away Lloris then we'd be in trouble again. Vertonghen and Fazio still have some growing to do together.

Last edited:
Could argue that was more Rose but yeh Fazio should not have dived forward.

He's looking ok, I wouldn't say solid. Has a ways to go yet.

Our defense have improved by leaps and bounds, but we still allow some absolutely silly chances. We've cut out a little bit of the softness in conceding chances, but the true mark of a good defense is in not allowing chances, not making last ditch saves reliant upon luck as we still do with regularity, and we're still heavily reliant on Lloris.

If you took away Lloris then we'd be in trouble again. Vertonghen and Fazio still have some growing to do together.
Well obviously if you take the GK away then it would be an empty net to score in, I don't understand people that use that kind of example

No it was what im talking about, he he wasn't in goal because he was sold, then we would have more money and different players.

There's a stat going round saying Kane & Eriksen have won the most points this season then I cant remember who but they said if those too weren't there then we'd be bottom of the league, if Eriksen wasn't their it's because we would have sold him for alot of money and would have brought in a replacement, hell if he just wasn't in the starting 11 we would have someone else in his position changing the entire game, could be for good or bad but all these hypotheticalls fuck me off 'if he weren't there' there is no what if he was there, you cant change history so stop with the pathetic hypotheticalls, this is not directed at the person who's comment I originally quoted this is just a rant.

Back
Top Bottom