Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its quite clear that Vertonghen and Fazio is our centre back pairing. Fazio was really composed on the ball as well today too, which i thought helped our build up play compared to when we've got Kaboul sitting on the ball and passing back to the keeper every second time he has the ball. Did a fantastic job on Lukaku today, for once we weren't bullied by a physical presence.

Thought Fazio had his best game for us so far yesterday. Could turn out to be decent, and at the moment he should be with Jan as first choice pairing.

Last edited:
I don't understand the people on here mocking him and deriding him. He looks like a decent CH to me. Fazio and Verts should be first choice CB.

• rating-agree.png
    AGREE X 2
  • rating-disagree.png
    DISAGREE X 1
  • LIST

LOVETHESHIRT, 14 NOV 2014

:pochsmirk:

After a big improvement in the last few games I had slightly changed my opinion of the guy, but he looked well dodgy again today. Maybe he is just a clumsy, immobile lump after all...

After a big improvement in the last few games I had slightly changed my opinion of the guy, but he looked well dodgy again today. Maybe he is just a clumsy, immobile lump after all...

Or maybe he just had a bad game. He's still setting in and that was probably his first ever wet weekend in Wales.
As you say, he had shown signs of starting to settle, we've gotta hope that this was a blip and he will continue to get better.

Almost disgusting the abuse this guy got yesterday. Some real pathetic 'supporters' at this club. Then again you only have to see the negativity after a tough away win to notice that anyway.

I don't get all the downers about Fazio today.
I reckon sure some of his passing not as god as prior games but i thought it was a tough game/ tough conditions and i reckon he did ok.
well done Fazio, another EPL game learned about. He is giving us more steel than prior years, steadier, more focused than others and he seems to be good for Vertonghen.

Has done OK and I think the Fazio-Vertonghen pairing is our best one for sure. Had a rough 1st half but got better as the game went on. We as supporters are just too eager to write signings off for whatever reason.

Really like his passing. It's quick and constructive. Vertonghen is a classy player, but often he hesitates with the ball and ends up making a hospital pass to Lloris or one of the other defenders.

Has done OK and I think the Fazio-Vertonghen pairing is our best one for sure. Had a rough 1st half but got better as the game went on. We as supporters are just too eager to write signings off for whatever reason.
Nah it's not signings it's just random players. I don't really see any kind of pattern too it, Lamela and Soldado get infinite patience but Townsend and Fazio for example get none.

Back
Top Bottom