FC Hotspur of Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you follow a breakaway Spurs?

• Yes

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • I'd follow both clubs

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
Why follow a breakaway spurs just go over to Woolwich - or if it’s the corporate nature of the prem turning you away follow Leyton orient and if they are still too commercial for you there is a host of non league teams that would welcome your support
Switching allegiance to a phoenix club or breakaway club is totally different to switching to a rival club or another longstanding club.
That's the whole idea of it.
You still feel connected to your roots in a roundabout kind of way

That's where I stand.

Tottenham 'Til I Die....or They Kill Me!

And this is where the business model of Levy and ENIC wins.

But are there a generation of 20year olds with the same feeling? My son and nephew only go because I can afford to take them.

I was working 3 paper rounds as a teenager to buy my spurs ticket.

The future of THFC is tourists and the 4millions Facebook fans in the ESL. There is a window for another type of Hotspur.

Wimbledon away at Selhurst. Trazzani's debut. I was in that number and honestly thought Spurs were going down. That was August 98 the season after the 2-6. Then the Leeds 3-3 against Graham's Leeds team a few days before he became Spurs manager.

You forget how bad things have been but I recognise the signs with this team.

Hojbjerg is reminding me more and more of Freund.
I don't think he is as good as Freund.

Switching allegiance to a phoenix club or breakaway club is totally different to switching to a rival club or another longstanding club.
That's the whole idea of it.
You still feel connected to your roots in a roundabout kind of way
Phoenix club is one thing (if we went bust and out of business yes I would follow a Phoenix club ) but a breakaway club would be a totally different matter if you don’t like something change it or put up or go somewhere else - there are plenty of grass root or lower league teams that would welcome support no need for a group of spoilt brats to start another club

Phoenix club is one thing (if we went bust and out of business yes I would follow a Phoenix club ) but a breakaway club would be a totally different matter if you don’t like something change it or put up or go somewhere else - there are plenty of grass root or lower league teams that would welcome support no need for a group of spoilt brats to start another club
I understand the loyalty argument; I really do.

My big fear about the stadium was that Levy may one day opt to sell off only the football franchise but retain the training facilities, stadium and other infrastructure bought with revenue originally generated by the club.

ENIC and Levy as landlord owners of the club with rent paying franchise operators.

Would you reconsider in that scenario?

My big fear about the stadium was that Levy may one day opt to sell off only the football franchise but retain the training facilities, stadium and other infrastructure bought with revenue originally generated by the club.

ENIC and Levy as landlord owners of the club with rent paying franchise operators.

As long as Tottenham Hotspur FC still exists I'll support it.

I would not support a new (phoenix or whatever) club just because it has the word Tottehham in its name. For me the link would be permanently broken.

If the PL goes down the American franchise route I'd need to think about whether I wanted to carry on, although I don't think that will be an issue in my lifetime.

Life's too short to worry about what Levy hypothetically may or may not do with the team or the club's facilities.

If Levy could find some way of selling the football club while retaining the stadium and real estate the football club paid for he wouldn't fucking hesitate

Back
Top Bottom