Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange's press conference seemed to simply say Johnson and Lo Celso have trained all week so should be available for Everton

He was asked about Maddison and Van de Ven but simply said they were progressing well but nowhere near first team duties.

Phillips seen in videos during week training with first team, whether he is ready to return for Everton Ange didn't comment and he wasn't asked in press conference !

Ange's press conference seemed to simply say Johnson and Lo Celso have trained all week so should be available for Everton

He was asked about Maddison and Van de Ven but simply said they were progressing well but nowhere near first team duties.

Phillips seen in videos during week training with first team, whether he is ready to return for Everton Ange didn't comment and he wasn't asked in press conference !

Ange confirmed Phillips was available

Wonder if maybe both start as well.

I'd be really tempted to do this:

Vicario
Porro
Romero
Davies
Royal
GLC
Sarr
Deki
Johnson
Richy
Son
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero Davies Royal
GLC
Sarr Deki
Johnson Richy Son
[/lineup]

GLC as the 6 to help us with buildup

No chance that team. I certainly hope Lo Celso doesn't start.

We need to be more robust.

Hjojberg or Skipp in place of the far from ubiquitous Lo Celso.

Ange confirmed Phillips was available

James Maddison, Ivan Perisic, Ryan Sessegnon, Manor Solomon, Rodrigo Bentancur, Ashley Phillips and Micky van de Ven are long-term absentees and remain out of action.

Club statement saying Phillips is NOT available atm. Have you seen any statement saying something different today ?

EDIT :

Bizzarre ! Journo clearly thinks he's been told Phillips IS available !

View: https://x.com/Dan_KP/status/1738185094370619583?s=20

Last edited:

James Maddison, Ivan Perisic, Ryan Sessegnon, Manor Solomon, Rodrigo Bentancur, Ashley Phillips and Micky van de Ven are long-term absentees and remain out of action.

Club statement saying Phillips is NOT available atm. Have you seen any statement saying something different today ?

View: https://twitter.com/Dan_KP/status/1738184812928639012?t=Zfq6N2ujeMjx-ZnM_V4TwA&s=19

View: https://twitter.com/ChrisCowlin/status/1738185293558136866?t=MCNZFtSE9n1-QmALxA0Wnw&s=19

View: https://twitter.com/VaiBhardwaj/status/1738185038196269426?t=Ab-ib4HzuBNYb3eLAlQIrQ&s=19

No chance that team. I certainly hope Lo Celso doesn't start.

We need to be more robust.

Hjojberg or Skipp in place of the far from ubiquitous Lo Celso.

This Everton team are one of the best pressing units in the prem.

They are physical for sure and Hojberg defending set pieces might sway me towards him but in terms fo playing through the press PEH at the 6 kills us. And he's actually not great at tracking players or even winning the ball in deeper situations. He's much better winning the ball further forward in the press.

GLC will win us fouls against Everton's press and help us play through it. I'd take that trade-off for the set pieces question.

This Everton team are one of the best pressing units in the prem.

They are physical for sure and Hojberg defending set pieces might sway me towards him but in terms fo playing through the press PEH at the 6 kills us. And he's actually not great at tracking players or even winning the ball in deeper situations. He's much better winning the ball further forward in the press.

GLC will win us fouls against Everton's press and help us play through it. I'd take that trade-off for the set pieces question.

Although that does also make a lot of sense too!

Back
Top Bottom