Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyway, as with regards to the game, although it got a bit hairy at times, I don't think it was as bad as some have made it out to be. Mostly attacking football from both sides.
Considering we had a makeshift midfield and defence, I think it was a reasonable performance. And with Cuti getting clattered in the first minute, with no suitable punishment, thought it was going to be one of those days. As for the foul on Emerson before their disallowed goal, the ref should have seen it in real time, it was that obvious. Also, how did VAR not see the stamp on Brennan (I think)? It was calculated and dangerous.
My last take from the game - every Spurs supporter should get down on their knees in thankfulness and pray to their God for Vicario, I'd hate to think what the score would have been if anyone else had been in goal!
London Football GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

From Sky Sports:

"Postecoglou’s diplomatic response to seeing his side cling onto a win over Everton was that Tottenham had produced a 'different kind of performance'. A more blunt reflection would be that they were lucky.

"Everton were the more threatening side in the first half yet found themselves 2-0 down, while the decision by the VAR to advise referee Attwell to disallow Calvert-Lewin’s goal was extremely harsh.

"Postecoglou’s refusal to instruct his side to shut up shop and hold onto what they have is well established but seemed incredibly reckless - and it should have led to further Everton goals after Gomes’ late strike."

They can't hide their fucking bias, it's ridiculous, calling that VAR intervention "extremely harsh" is a bunch of bollocks, it was a foul, end of discussion.

I am so sick of these clowns in the media trying to influence the way officials perceive us.

So excited to finally attend my first ever Spurs home game at the stadium! Went for a stadium tour yesterday, thinking that was the closest I would ever get, but I found a group of people with spares that we can join!

Practical question, I would take the Victoria line and aim to arrive at Seven Sisters 1.30pm and walk from there. Is that a safe approach timing wise for the 3pm kick off?

Got to game with minutes to spare. Dog started chucking up as i was just leaving and ticket office had big arse ques.
But mist important, we got 3 points and the dogs ok now

Liverpool v Woolwich ended in a 1-1 draw.

That means Spurs in 4th place are :
- 4 points off top
- 3 points off 2nd and 3rd
- 2 points ahead of ManCity in 5th place (albeit ManCity have a game in hand)

Further Below us :
- West Ham are 6 points below us
- Newcastle are 7 points below us
- ManU are 8 points below us

Get a couple of our injured back and we are a much better team that we could field today.

Fuck me some amount of panty wetting in here. We were down to the bare bones today and still beat the in-form team in the league. Yes, we rode our luck at points but so did they, we messed up so many brilliant openings.

Most importantly, it was a brilliant game of football, so entertaining. 3 points. Job done.

Reading some of the media pundits is amusing.

When Newcastle were winning with a depleted squad, it was courage resilient, and brave.

Spurs hang on against the form side at the minute, with double digit injuries to the squad... Lucky.

Back
Top Bottom