European Super League OFF; Spurs face withdrawal fee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support the European Super League

• Total voters
Why?
Boris is actually correct on this issue and should try to block it. Don’t like many other things Boris has done, but that doesn’t mean he’s wrong about everything.
This idea of "don't do this thing I want because I don't like you" is super weird and bad.

I mean, how the fuck did we get invited to this party?
bob barry jr april GIF

I mean, how the fuck did we get invited to this party?
Being one of the ten highest grossing clubs. That's basically it. And it seems reasonable to suggest that much of the investment made over the past decade, like the new stadium, has been building for this moment in plain sight.

Any career without domestic trophies, continental trophies, international appearances/trophies would also be devalued.

Would you rather play for Woolwich and get humped by Real Madrid and Man City every month, or Everton and win PL, compete in the CL, get FA Cups, play for Germany in the Euros and World Cups?
For 500k to a million a week, plenty will take option a.

Every player will want to be in the ESL make no mistake.

The prestige and money will see to that. It is the top table of football.

Winning a league with Everton is not an achievement when your rival is Burnley. A Champions League final of Zagreb vs Villareal will not have anyone's attention.

I think the international football aspect is a complete bluff. There is no World Cup without the best players in the world.
What prestige? This whole mindset is what is wrong with football in general tbh, if you want to watch spurs get battered in a pointless money grabbing system go ahead but i think the majority of fans will be going back to supporting their local teams and getting the soul back into the english game.

But I see it as an unstoppable step along the path that football has been on for decades. It's the logical conclusion, really.

This is almost exactly what I said about 50 pages ago. It has an air of inevitability about it.

People will go off on one about it on football forums but are very unlikely to back that up with action.

yay we get to be a part of the rich elite, we stick our collective boot on the rest of the pyramid and demand a rim job if they want our crumbs and leavings.
Everything we hate about Chelsea and City and we are no better, thought we were better than this.

american soldiers GIF

Anyone any idea how much a game will cost either on the inevitable PPV or to attend??

I assume that the working class will just about be priced out of even watching games on TV let alone attend.
1 billion dollars, 3 covid tests and an anal swab will be required to gain entry to the cheese room. The game is about glory.

What prestige? This whole mindset is what is wrong with football in general tbh, if you want to watch spurs get battered in a pointless money grabbing system go ahead but i think the majority of fans will be going back to supporting their local teams and getting the soul back into the english game.
The prestige of competing against the best.

However you slice it, if this goes ahead the best players in the world will be part of it.

This is almost exactly what I said about 50 pages ago. It has an air of inevitability about it.

People will go off on one about it on football forums but are very unlikely to back that up with action.
Great minds :p

But yeah, it's sad. Especially knowing that we have as close to zero influence over this process as is possible without having literally zero.

Back
Top Bottom