Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's the player in that England team with the most potential, Dele is good but plays on a very demanding position with lots of artists all over the world competing for that one playmaker spot in the top 10 clubs.

There are a lot more defensive midfielders but very few combine the attacking and defensive skills that Dier is showing, i would rank him just below Kroos at the moment. And he's a lot younger then any of his competitors

k502044m2unj35z968ytwe4o9ozov5.jpeg
McGinn and Dier, now there would be a midfield.

It's the kind of sporting Union which would be so potent as to transcend sport into politics and put an end to any Anglo-Scots discord.

The future of the U.K. depends on this signing

McGinn and Dier, now there would be a midfield.

It's the kind of sporting Union which would be so potent as to transcend sport into politics and put an end to any Anglo-Scots discord.

The future of the U.K. depends on this signing
Did you vote 'yes' for independence last year?

His stats for yesterday's game are unreal. Not seen him boss a game like that before. Wonder if Pochettino feels he could have Wanyama deeper and Dier as someone more forward thinking of the two as opposed to two sitters. Some of his passing yesterday was glorious.

His stats for yesterday's game are unreal. Not seen him boss a game like that before. Wonder if Pochettino feels he could have Wanyama deeper and Dier as someone more forward thinking of the two as opposed to two sitters. Some of his passing yesterday was glorious.

Thought that myself, during the season he did sometimes operate like a deep playmaker Carrick style, he has a great passing range.

I mean he was a good right back, a good centre back and now a good DM, no reason with his all round skill set he couldn't play a box to box role.

All of the above is correct but he was put under zero pressure by the oppo.

I love the lad, glad he made the most of the space afforded to him. Hope that doesn't sound too negative, I love the lad and deserves all the plaudits and yesterday will no doubt give him a boost of confidence as if he needs any more.

Glad Eric is picking up the plaudits now as he was going largely under the radar pre-tournament even though he had pretty much already nailed that space down in the space of a handful of caps.

Not so easy to like as the more obvious and skillful talents of Alli and Kane, but Dier has a skillset which is incredibly rare and effective. Would you honestly say there is another defensive midfielder in the Prem who you would take over Eric? Not a chance.

Usually his distribution has been the weakest part of his game.

If he can pass like he did yesterday consistently, that would put him on a whole other level.

Can you believe some wanksplatter on facebook has just put this while butting into a conversation i was having about Dier...

'Being honest here not look for a bite, but it's easy pass sideways and backwards. Apart from his crossing Henderson was far more effective.'

Anybody any idea who he supports? :angryscouser:

Glad Eric is picking up the plaudits now as he was going largely under the radar pre-tournament even though he had pretty much already nailed that space down in the space of a handful of caps.

Been thinking the same thing. Dier seems to be the first name on the team sheet. Only possibly Rooney - which says more about Woy being Woy than about Rooney - and Hart - which says more about the competition for the number 1 shirt than about Hart - seem more certain to start any important match.

From coming in for 4m, starting off at RB, refusing to with England Under 21's to focus on winning a spot at CB rather than RB at Spurs to finally being turned into certain England starter in a third position by Poch is quite something :pochohshit:

Been thinking the same thing. Dier seems to be the first name on the team sheet. Only possibly Rooney - which says more about Woy being Woy than about Rooney - and Hart - which says more about the competition for the number 1 shirt than about Hart - seem more certain to start any important match.

From coming in for 4m, starting off at RB, refusing to with England Under 21's to focus on winning a spot at CB rather than RB at Spurs to finally being turned into certain England starter in a third position by Poch is quite something :pochohshit:
You've gotta love that kind of progression. Shows that the people around him are conscious of his talents and have the awareness to move him around to best foster them.

Although it does make me wonder how many potentially amazing footballers get ruined by mismanagement.

Back
Top Bottom