England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the immortal words of Super-Woy Hodgson:

"Tournament football is tournament football"

"I don't know what you want from me"
luis suarez GIF

Ha

Gareth went mental there

Probably relieved that he's not facing two losses

Makes his post-match gaslighting session interview a lot easier now; cos he can talk about heart and fightbacks and the fact that Belgium were ranked #1 in the world for a month or two once.

Would have been a travesty to lose that game, but we really should be winning that. What these two games have shown me is what I already knew. We have a fantastic starting 11 with everybody fit. Some great attacking options on the bench. But not an awful lot after that.

Biggest positive was Mainoo who for someone his age and inexperience was quite brilliant over the two games. And Bellingham despite being a bit patchy is our superstar.

Can't wait to see the back of Southgate after the Euros.

Would have been a travesty to lose that game, but we really should be winning that. What these two games have shown me is what I already knew. We have a fantastic starting 11 with everybody fit. Some great attacking options on the bench. But not an awful lot after that.

Biggest positive was Mainoo who for someone his age and inexperience was quite brilliant over the two games. And Bellingham despite being a bit patchy is our superstar.

Can't wait to see the back of Southgate after the Euros.

Man give me a coach who can actually set a team up and coach patterns and this team will ball, way too much talent in it.

Makes his post-match gaslighting session interview a lot easier now; cos he can talk about heart and fightbacks and the fact that Belgium were ranked #1 in the world for a month or two once.
"A lot more positives tonight.......we learnt a lot....... No such thing as a friendly.........some players staked a claim......"

He's boringly predictable......as predictable as us going out in the last 16 or Quarter final depending on the draw......

"A lot more positives tonight.......we learnt a lot....... No such thing as a friendly.........some players staked a claim......"

He's boringly predictable......as predictable as us going out in the last 16 or Quarter final depending on the draw......

England haven't gone out of the last 16 in three tournaments under Southgate. They could only go out as early as the Quarters if they play one of the top few sides and England get Southgated.

Takeaways, start Mainoo next to Rice

For me all the takeaways from both games:

- Dunk shouldn't be in the squad.
-We need a fit Shaw because Chilwell is dog-shit.
-Foden benched. Sorry but we have too many right sided options to put up with poor NT showings.
- Absolutely Mainoo to start.
- Tomori or Branthwaite need to be given 2 starts in the pre-Euros friendlies.
-

England haven't gone out of the last 16 in three tournaments under Southgate. They could only go out as early as the Quarters if they play one of the top few sides and England get Southgated.
We'll go as far in the tournament as the draw allows.

If we meet a half competent team in the second round, we could easily heroically go out.

Don't forget, we went through on penalties in the last 16 against Columbia in Southgate's first tournament.....and we were behind in the penalty shoot out.

Back
Top Bottom