England squad

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toney has a much better presence up top playing solo than Watkins. He gives you an outball.
It's not even close he is the second best Centerforward in this country no matter how hard Southgate wants to pretend. But I look at this and everything I feel about the real strength of this England squad is write large. The rush to claim Fodden as a world class player Dunk as solid Pickford never let us down. We are OK but we are not as good as some say or even as bad. There's that boring old nuance again.

It's not even close he is the second best Centerforward in this country no matter how hard Southgate wants to pretend. But I look at this and everything I feel about the real strength of this England squad is write large. The rush to claim Fodden as a world class player Dunk as solid Pickford never let us down. We are OK but we are not as good as some say or even as bad. There's that boring old nuance again.

On paper our best 11 is as strong as you'll find. Southgate doesn't get enough out of it but we all know that anyway. But if Rice or Stones gets injured we're screwed.

We shouldn't be losing to this Belgian team. Allowing Tielemans to score twice who isn't even a regular for Aston Villa is criminal.

On paper our best 11 is as strong as you'll find. Southgate doesn't get enough out of it but we all know that anyway. But if Rice or Stones gets injured we're screwed.

We shouldn't be losing to this Belgian team. Allowing Tielemans to score twice who isn't even a regular for Aston Villa is criminal.
That first 11 will still have Maguire an old Walker and the reality is probably Chillwell and Henderson in it.

Dunk genuinely makes Maguire look like Cannavaro. He even looks shit.

Stones, Maguire, Tomori, Branthwaite should be the four we take to the WC, if fit. That's a pretty fucking decent four. Last I checked Tomori was having a great season for 2nd place Milan and has a Serie A title under his belt.

We needed to see Branthwaite tonight as his PL performances have been impressive and the elite clubs are circling ... again, if he doesn't get on straight away second half I'd like to hear why from Southgate.

That first 11 will still have Maguire an old Walker and the reality is probably Chillwell and Henderson in it.

Wtf does an 'old Walker' even mean? He's still the best right back in the league and still pretty much as quick as he's ever been! Manchester City's lineup includes an "old" Walker FFS.

Henderson absolutely won't start in the Euros and if Shaw is anywhere near fit nor will Chilwell. It'll probably have Maguire, but more due to a weird Southgate fixation than us not having multiple better options.

Have to question southgates choice of defenders. No tomori again and an inform Braithwaite left on the bench for the likes of dunk,gomes. I think bowen should be starting for England. Toney is just a proper centre forward great all round play great player to play off of. Foden flatters to deceive in an England shirt and I'd play bowen on the left ahead of him.

Attack good, fun to watch
Defence poor

Good to see Mainoo balling out there, he's very comfortable, I don't know if this defence is ready to play without the usual brick wall in front of them though...

That first 11 will still have Maguire an old Walker and the reality is probably Chillwell and Henderson. I

You can get away with carrying one player to an extent, like Maguire. He's far from great obviously but generally for England is alright as long as Stones behind him. It's ridiculous to call up Branthwaite and to not give him a chance when he's generally looked so good for Everton this season. Southgate choosing a bang average 32 year old Dunk over him, he deserves all the stick he's going to get.

I actually thought we were the better side that half. We looked good at times. But we look so poor and sloppy at the back that you almost expect an ordinary Belgium team to score every time they counter.

Attack good, fun to watch
Defence poor

Good to see Mainoo balling out there, he's very comfortable, I don't know if this defence is ready to play without the usual brick wall in front of them though...

We lost in the last game even with 2 grafty CMs.....

However..... Attacking isn't the best form of defense unless you fully commit to it (i.e you coach that way and it becomes ingrained)...... If Gary brings on Maddison (or another 10-ish player) on for Mainoo now we'll probably be a mess and get torn up for another 2/3 goals on the counter.

Back
Top Bottom