EFC in peace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a difference a month makes

Class is in his DNA
koeman.jpg

I think he stumbled upon a good thing at Southampton. Foundations that were laid down by Pochettino. The players he lost were those that Pochettino got the best out of like Schneiderlin, Lallana who have arguably struggled at their new clubs.

Everton are in ruins with regards to the way they're set up with no clear plan or philosophy in place like Southampton had in place, no doubt from the youth up like Pochettino has shown to be interested in at Espanyol and with us.

Everton have ALOT of good players and those with potential to be even better with the likes of Delefaou, Lukaku, Barkley, Stones etc. but can Koeman get the best out of them? Why should I believe he can when Martinez couldn't?

I believe some (many?) of us were hoping that he would become the manager that Pochettino is now (young, strong ideas, intense, a likeable front) but apparent man management issues and possibly some tactical naïveté eventually proved otherwise.

We're fortunate to have gotten Pochettino but a part of me is sad it didn't work out with AVB.

images
Best PL points tally - still unbeaten

Back
Top Bottom