EFC in peace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey Guys,

Everton fan in peace. If mods feel this is better placed elsewhere then feel free to remove and move.

First of all, Well done this season. I personally wanted you to win the title and thought you were more then value for that. You just came unstuck where leicester are getting that infamous Man U luck. (I know it is still possible and I hope we do you a favour week Sat, but fact is we are not very good)

I have come on to this forum to ask your opinion on a previous manager.

It is being rumoured that AVB is on a shortlist to replace Martinez if he is to go.

Can you please let me know your thoughts on him. and whether he will suit our players? his style? his approach to young players? his transfer market dealings (touchy subject, i know)

Thanks lads, ill be happy to answer any Q on EFC related if you have any

Hey Guys,

Everton fan in peace. If mods feel this is better placed elsewhere then feel free to remove and move.

First of all, Well done this season. I personally wanted you to win the title and thought you were more then value for that. You just came unstuck where leicester are getting that infamous Man U luck. (I know it is still possible and I hope we do you a favour week Sat, but fact is we are not very good)

I have come on to this forum to ask your opinion on a previous manager.

It is being rumoured that AVB is on a shortlist to replace Martinez if he is to go.

Can you please let me know your thoughts on him. and whether he will suit our players? his style? his approach to young players? his transfer market dealings (touchy subject, i know)

Thanks lads, ill be happy to answer any Q on EFC related if you have any
I believe him to be a good technical manager but he lacks crucially man management skills.

Tricky choice Everton have

He said a lot of good things e.g. We is us and I liked him at first. However, after Bale left the football was shite. Too much sideways and backwards passing and such slow, pedestrian football.

I really like avb and think he has a good tactical head on him. His man management wasn't great but it also wasn't terrible. I think with the right group of players he can do great things for Everton and I'll be glad to see him return to the league to manage a team I don't actually hate.

He didn't do great with our defense though and isn't that Martinez's flaw as well?

I believe some (many?) of us were hoping that he would become the manager that Pochettino is now (young, strong ideas, intense, a likeable front) but apparent man management issues and possibly some tactical naïveté eventually proved otherwise.

We're fortunate to have gotten Pochettino but a part of me is sad it didn't work out with AVB.

images

I liked AVB, he seemed to always be professional in the face of the baying mob. Seemed a lot of our fans did not like his brand of football as it relied a lot on possession and more sideways passing than expansive attacking football. His first season, offered a lot of very happy memories, along with turning Gareth Bale into the footballing superstar he is now for Real.

I'm pretty sure he said he would not ever return to the Premier League. I still do not think he is the right fit here, he'd be better of trying his luck in Italy.

I think his rep in England is destroyed and he'll always be up against it as a result. He isn't a good man manager by all accounts and the football his team played never really impressed. I think I'd be cautious going from Martinez to AVB.
I read rumours about Bielsa - that would be pretty exciting. there should some fairly decent options given the sizeable investment planed in the club.

I liked AVB, he seemed to always be professional in the face of the baying mob. Seemed a lot of our fans did not like his brand of football as it relied a lot on possession and more sideways passing than expansive attacking football. His first season, offered a lot of very happy memories, along with turning Gareth Bale into the footballing superstar he is now for Real.

I'm pretty sure he said he would not ever return to the Premier League. I still do not think he is the right fit here, he'd be better of trying his luck in Italy.

Quoted that he wanted to go back to portugal. EFC have a lot of names on the shortlist apparently. AVB was my favourite before i relasied he is a prettier Martinez

I think AvB overthinks tactically , which confuses a lot of footballers. The way he got us playing was painful to watch at times too.

I believe some (many?) of us were hoping that he would become the manager that Pochettino is now (young, strong ideas, intense, a likeable front) but apparent man management issues and possibly some tactical naïveté eventually proved otherwise.

We're fortunate to have gotten Pochettino but a part of me is sad it didn't work out with AVB.

images
which part of you?

I think his rep in England is destroyed and he'll always be up against it as a result. He isn't a good man manager by all accounts and the football his team played never really impressed. I think I'd be cautious going from Martinez to AVB.
I read rumours about Bielsa - that would be pretty exciting. there should some fairly decent options given the sizeable investment planed in the club.

Biesla is exciting, purely because, as you well know, Poch and Pep are disciples of his if you will. However they adapt his ideas and make them practical. His agent said he is 90% sure he will be in prem football next year and has had english lessons for 4 months.

Problem being is he is linked to Watford and Swansea....is he really that low a level?

Back
Top Bottom