Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He even ran in and intercepted the ball, assisting Kane for his 2nd goal.

But whatever, would be better if he had waited and made a cracking two-foot tackle instead, beast-style.

I said Eriksen would play better with Alli next to him. West Ham is a classic example of more power up the spine helps us. I said before the game we would win 3-1.

In that instance though you should mention full disclosure: Tomkins passed it directly to Eriksen.

Don't get too carried away with the torch burning. After all, I was crossing my fingers either Alli or Dembele were played next to Eriksen with Kane and it all worked out.

Before the game I praised Eriksens set pieces, he got an assist.

Unless you can prove Eriksen would have done worse centrally in the 3, there really is not anything for me to cringe about. It's pretty weird. If I claim Alli would make a great AM, and he scores when played as a DM: People bring it up to push it in my face. haha.

What is your post really saying? That I was right to think Eriksen is creative?

I don't think I'm alone thinking Eriksen needs to be moved more central/closer to the goal because his shooting is so sweet. He needs more goals in open play IMO, and having him do less tackling and playing him more central will help him and everyone around him.

Gibbs, you'll find its eriksens lack of drive to run past the ball and into the box that hinders his goalscoring ability. He rarely makes those runs because he knows he's the man able to stay deeper and spot the runs.

When he plays on the left however he can pick his head up and see the whole pitch. He needs to score more from open play, but that won't change when son plays lw, lamela plays right and eriksen plays in the middle.

I've just had a thought. What if we played wimmer on the left wing. Fazio on the right. Maybe we buy ashley Williams to play in behind kane. We'll replace dembele with Sebastian bassong if Norwich will do a swap deal. And then we could drop kane for collocini. That way, rose and Walker will have all the protection?

You claimed my lineup of:

-------------------Kane------------------
---Mason----Eriksen----Dembele--
------Alli-----------Bentaleb-----------

TheJockmur: "The lack of creativity behind Kane would see us have one half chance in a full 90 minutes. "

When I gave you my reasoning Dembele and Mason has hardly been used as an AM and if played there would be as effective as Lamela you said:

"You really are an idiot. Are you honestly so arrogant as to decide that Dembele, a 28 year old player, who many coaches have seen week in and week out in training, a lot more than you, have less of an idea how to use him than you do? Honestly. Do me a favour, get your coaching badges and fail miserably because you really don't have a fucking scooby what you are talking about.

You can guarantee that Dembele will score more as an attacker than Lamela? Dembele played primarily as a striker/attacking midfielder when he was at Fulham. For Fulham he made 62 appearances and scored 5 goals.

Let that sink in and stop being such a fucking idiot"

So currently is it a little bit rich of your to make fun of what I think would be a good lineup.

I'm out. The forum toilet is emptying and the baiting is obvious.

At the end of the day you are arguing over a player moving ONE position over.

That is all you have left, scoffing at me wanting Eriksen to move position.

Slightly.

Slightly.

No. People are arguing about playing Mason and Dembele as AM's. Not simply moving Eriksen to the middle (where he has been less effective) don't cry.

I said Eriksen would play better with Alli next to him. West Ham is a classic example of more power up the spine helps us. I said before the game we would win 3-1.

In that instance though you should mention full disclosure: Tomkins passed it directly to Eriksen.

Don't get too carried away with the torch burning. After all, I was crossing my fingers either Alli or Dembele were played next to Eriksen with Kane and it all worked out.

Before the game I praised Eriksens set pieces, he got an assist.

Unless you can prove Eriksen would have done worse centrally in the 3, there really is not anything for me to cringe about. It's pretty weird. If I claim Alli would make a great AM, and he scores when played as a DM: People bring it up to push it in my face. haha.

What is your post really saying? That I was right to think Eriksen is creative?

I don't think I'm alone thinking Eriksen needs to be moved more central/closer to the goal because his shooting is so sweet. He needs more goals in open play IMO, and having him do less tackling and playing him more central will help him and everyone around him.

Thank you for your wall of text. It is a bit excessive though, as I was only addressing ONE thing you said: "Eriksen is not intelligent off the ball"

I don't know what the rest of your ramblings are about, perhaps you have me mistaken for someone else.

However, to address my point; no, Tomkins did not pass it directly to Eriksen at all. He passed it straight at a teammate. Eriksen, however, spotted that pass right before it happened and sprinted in that direction. He even had to stretch out his leg to reach it. That is not really a pass straight at him, and that is certainly not the action of a player who is "not intelligent".

But I hope you're sincere when you say "I'm out", cause these ramblings are getting tiring.

Slightly.

Come on! Your mantra is keep it football. This has been a football debate - it's what you say you want.

Thank you for your wall of text. It is a bit excessive though, as I was only addressing ONE thing you said: "Eriksen is not intelligent off the ball"

It's the same thing every time -- dunno how anyone, including himself, can take what he says seriously, especially when he's asked multiple times for Eriksen to be given a free role. I truly don't understand how you can be of the opinion that a player is unintelligent off the ball, but needs to be given free reign to move all over the pitch.

What tackle count usually tells you is that you are being targeted. Managers saw Rose as a weak link so they attack him constantly. They do the same to Eriksen etc.
Yes. Managers tell their attackers to target Eriksen to get goals. Our AM.

:goonermong:

Against Chelsea if Kane gets the better of Oscar it's game over.

We've gone over that in the past. If you look at Rose at his worst, where he won most posters worst player of the season, he made more tackles than most of the team. Tackle count has little to do with being a good defending. Ledders made hardly any tackles compared to the rest of the team on average.

What tackle count usually tells you is that you are being targeted. Managers saw Rose as a weak link so they attack him constantly. They do the same to Eriksen etc.

The best defenders often track and tackle space and make everything look effortless. Rose and co usually make a lot of tackles because all hell breaks loose down their wing.
So let me get this straight. Dembele has a high tackle count because he's a beast and impossible to get past, yet Lamela has a high tackle count because the opposition targets him?

You should do a quick bit of research about confirmation bias and then try to avoid it in the future.

Anyway, I've been a long time lurker on this site and I finally decided to get around to signing up when I saw this conversation as I'd had enough of having something to say and not being able to say it. Also, being a lurker is weird.

I don't think any of the 3 behind Kane are actually given a position to stick too. More often than not when you see the 3 switching throughout the game. Eriksen may start on the left but you also see him move centrally and Son may fill the left wing for portions of the game.

In my own opinion I think Lamela would be great in the central position. His passing and spotting of runs being made is as good if not better than Eriksen's. He isn't afraid to run at players and has enough quality to score goals of all sorts. But having 3 players behind Kane who are able to switch between themselves easily is a great thing to have. Eriksen, Dembele, Son, Lamela, Chadli and Mason are all able enough to fill all 3 of the roles behind Kane and put a shift in doing so.

Correct. For all his running, he will often run in the wrong direction and ball watch while people double up on Rose and get behind us.

Back
Top Bottom