Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, but if you really want to zoom in, then you know... in ONE ROUND Kulusevski ended up with an assist and Bailey did fucking nothing. So another proof of superiority in your eyes then? Cause small snapshot is your preference, right?

I mean, come the fuck on and get some perspective now.

Why should you focus on current season only? I know only one possible reason, cause that suits your way of thinking better.

Players have some fluke seasons and Kulu so far has underachieved this season, not entirely due to his own performances. His xA is 6,4 while he has 3 asstists. Difficult to blame teammates finishing upon Kulu. Bailey xA is 7,6 so he has in fact overperformed this season. Difference in xA is is 1,2.

So you literally take ONE season (that is not even finished yet), and you rather draw conclusions on that, instead of looking at their overall performance? Maybe it is easier to just admit that you are desperately trying to prove something, despite what all possible metrics and evidence show?

Uhhh because we’re talking about THIS season, not numerous seasons ago when Bailey was managed by Gerrard ?? A season isn’t the same as one game.

Underachieved? How about last season as well?

How about comparing their xA per minutes on the pitch?

All the metrics show Bailey is having a significantly better season. Which is what the initial conversation (who would you take THIS season over him) was about, until you barged in.

I would take this version of Bailey over this version of Kulusevski. I don’t care if Kulu was MUCH better than him when he first arrived or Bailey was much worse under Gerrard. I care about here and now.

Lot of opinions on Kulu which is fair, his playstyle is very unique and unusual which is what turns people off im sure. I think it's easier to look at a speedster style traditional winger beating a man down the outside and putting in a cross and think "oh yeah that's good" rather than the stuff that Kulu does well, like shielding the ball and winning battles, covering ground for 90mins, going inside and outside and playing on the turn.

I think you have to say even from a production standpoint he's been good so far this season; he's not in the truly elite category but not many are. If we can upgrade to a truly elite player fine, but let's not get carried away in thinking that Kulu isn't a top player... on his day he has carried our attack. We just need to see some more consistency from him in his decision making and then we'll be cruising.

There's no point in having Son, Werner, Johnson and another speedy type player - we have the running in behind covered. Kulu adds something to the mix which we don't have in our other forwards, which can only be beneficial for gameplanning and flexibility.

Ah yes, I really care what Bailey was doing under Steven Gerrard. I’m sure Kulusevski would’ve been putting up top tier numbers in a relegation-threatened team with no plan…

They’re both playing at similar level teams this season, and one is spanking the other for productivity. Y’all can talk ‘but but but Kulu’s first season!’ all you like.

Nothing to do with Kulu's first season.

Kulusevski is, always has been and always will be far superior player to Bailey.
Bailey has one thing in his locker - speed. There is no denying- Bailey is faster than Kulusevski.
But fuck me, Bailey is EXTRMELY BANG AVERAGE winger. There are tens and tens and tens of such speed merchants with 0 footballing brain.

In few years time when he plays for bottom-5 side, no one remembers this one or potentially two good seasons. But people who confuse pace for quality like you would jump the ship to make big investment towards him, and throwing out actually intelligent and able player like Kulusevski.

Nothing to do with Kulu's first season.

Kulusevski is, always has been and always will be far superior player to Bailey.
Bailey has one thing in his locker - speed. There is no denying- Bailey is faster than Kulusevski.
But fuck me, Bailey is EXTRMELY BANG AVERAGE winger. There are tens and tens and tens of such speed merchants with 0 footballing brain.

In few years time when he plays for bottom-5 side, no one remembers this one or potentially two good seasons. But people who confuse pace for quality like you would jump the ship to make big investment towards him, and throwing out actually intelligent and able player like Kulusevski.

Erm .. the only season Kulu was really good in?? Nothing to do with that? Take that season away and those stats you’re comparing look a lot worse.

Ok .. he’s contributed to 16 goals this season though hasn’t he.

I wouldn’t jump to replace Kulu with Bailey, actually. The gap isn’t worth it. But I do think Kulu will be relegated to a bench player in short order.

You’re free to disagree. I’ve seen lots of people have to climb down on claims about Kulu, it’s gone from ‘world class potential’ to ‘he IS better than Bailey!!!’.

Uhhh because we’re talking about THIS season, not numerous seasons ago when Bailey was managed by Gerrard ?? A season isn’t the same as one game.

Underachieved? How about last season as well?

How about comparing their xA per minutes on the pitch?

All the metrics show Bailey is having a significantly better season. Which is what the initial conversation (who would you take THIS season over him) was about, until you barged in.

I would take this version of Bailey over this version of Kulusevski. I don’t care if Kulu was MUCH better than him when he first arrived or Bailey was much worse under Gerrard. I care about here and now.

Oh yeah, sure, Gerard is to blame for his shit form.
Well then, his good form should maybe also be 100% down to Emery tactics? This claim holds exactly as much value as yours.

Again- Bailey is bang average winger who has pace on his side. He is miles away from truly elite winger, and unless he'll go be a bench player for side like PSG, he'll never reach CL level. Kulusevski has helped Spurs to CL and will replicate this season.

He is class if not two above Bailey, despite what one fluke season shows.

Oh yeah, sure, Gerard is to blame for his shit form.
Well then, his good form should maybe also be 100% down to Emery tactics? This claim holds exactly as much value as yours.

Again- Bailey is bang average winger who has pace on his side. He is miles away from truly elite winger, and unless he'll go be a bench player for side like PSG, he'll never reach CL level. Kulusevski has helped Spurs to CL and will replicate this season.

He is class if not two above Bailey, despite what one fluke season shows.

Ok Kulu’s good form was down to Conte that one season then.

Cool. Kulu is a bang average sort of winger who will go on to be a squad player at Spurs. Brennan Johnson is a better player.

Erm .. the only season Kulu was really good in?? Nothing to do with that? Take that season away and those stats you’re comparing look a lot worse.

Ok .. he’s contributed to 16 goals this season though hasn’t he.

I wouldn’t jump to replace Kulu with Bailey, actually. The gap isn’t worth it. But I do think Kulu will be relegated to a bench player in short order.

You’re free to disagree. I’ve seen lots of people have to climb down on claims about Kulu, it’s gone from ‘world class potential’ to ‘he IS better than Bailey!!!’.

Wait, do you want to talk potential or not? Make up your mind.

Cause Kulusevski has achieved and done SO MUCH MORE than Bailey, despite being 3 years younger.

Kulu has 15 CL games under his belt. He helped Spurs to qualify to the CL. He won two cups and scored in 2 finals for Juventus. He is 23 yo lad who SO OBVIOUSLY HAS "world class potential".
While Bailey... well, has one season ... for side that looks set to finish behind us and out of CL. What. An. Achievement!

Wait, do you want to talk potential or not? Make up your mind.

Cause Kulusevski has achieved and done SO MUCH MORE than Bailey, despite being 3 years younger.

Kulu has 15 CL games under his belt. He helped Spurs to qualify to the CL. He won two cups and scored in 2 finals for Juventus. He is 23 yo lad who SO OBVIOUSLY HAS "world class potential".
While Bailey... well, has one season ... for side that looks set to finish behind us and out of CL. What. An. Achievement!

Playing CL games isn’t an achievement it’s just playing CL games. I could reel off a million average footballers who have played champions league football.

Kulusevski has had one half of a top level season in England. He was terrible at Juve. He was terrible again last season. He’s been barely acceptable this season.

Kulusevski doesn’t have close to world class potential, you’re just delusional. There are right wingers younger than him in this very league already levels ahead.

Playing CL games isn’t an achievement it’s just playing CL games. I could reel off a million average footballers who have played champions league football.

Kulusevski has had one half of a top level season in England. He was terrible at Juve. He was terrible again last season. He’s been barely acceptable this season.

Kulusevski doesn’t have close to world class potential, you’re just delusional. There are right wingers younger than him in this very league already levels ahead.

Well, what does it tell about your source of wet dreams that is Leon Bailey, if you know million average footballers who play in CL and he can't get anywhere near it anymore :D ?

Again, you claims are hollow. He scored for Juve in two different finals. Which Juve both won.
What has your fave speedster to show, despite playing top level football 3 years longer? Absolutely nothing at all... :D

I agree with the part that Kulu's best position is not in Ange-ball RW position. I even made a post about it after Villa game, where I clearly stated it. It is too often than he slows the play down, when we should attack with pace. But is that really level of your intellect to just evaluate all the quality and potential of the player how he performs in one specific role? You can't see other aspects?

Well, then the further discussion is utterly pointless. Go and cheer on for what you can understand. Which is straight line speed and number of one season goals and assits... good luck to Sipleton-Town :) greet other residents too.

Well, what does it tell about your source of wet dreams that is Leon Bailey, if you know million average footballers who play in CL and he can't get anywhere near it anymore :D ?

Again, you claims are hollow. He scored for Juve in two different finals. Which Juve both won.
What has your fave speedster to show, despite playing top level football 3 years longer? Absolutely nothing at all... :D

I agree with the part that Kulu's best position is not in Ange-ball RW position. I even made a post about it after Villa game, where I clearly stated it. It is too often than he slows the play down, when we should attack with pace. But is that really level of your intellect to just evaluate all the quality and potential of the player how he performs in one specific role? You can't see other aspects?

Well, then the further discussion is utterly pointless. Go and cheer on for what you can understand. Which is straight line speed and number of one season goals and assits... good luck to Sipleton-Town :) greet other residents too.

Uh, he probably will be next season. Also you know he played CL football at Leverkusen, right?

Good for him. Lingard scored in some finals too. Go ask Juve fans whether Kulu was a success or not.

I mean yeah .. it probably is pointless man, if you’re still on the ‘Kulu can be world class’ train that even most of his fanniest fans hopped off ages ago.

Uh, he probably will be next season. Also you know he played CL football at Leverkusen, right?

Good for him. Lingard scored in some finals too. Go ask Juve fans whether Kulu was a success or not.

I mean yeah .. it probably is pointless man, if you’re still on the ‘Kulu can be world class’ train that even most of his fanniest fans hopped off ages ago.
How did Bailey get on in the CL?

I dont know why there is a disgreement about Kulu...he's fine as a maddison back up in a 10 role...thats about it.

With that said, its pretty obvious that this is a player way overrated by the fans.

Because people think he’s something he’s not. You’re right - good back up for a couple of spots, never a starter after this Summer’s window.

What's Kulu done wrong now ffs?

Heavily involved in three of the four goals at the weekend.

Not sure what else you want from him tbh..

Do we just need a scapegoat at this club? People easing up on BJ so that person is Kulu.

It's really uneccessary

Oh so if I called someone a racial slur without knowing their race, it would be ok?

Anyway, feel free to live in ignorance, I’m not going to waste more time on you in this thread.
Someone's Race and being Gay are 2 completely different things.

I've never understood why they sometimes get used as a defence for the others an argument.

That seems pretty ignorant to me.

What's Kulu done wrong now ffs?

Heavily involved in three of the four goals at the weekend.

Not sure what else you want from him tbh..

Do we just need a scapegoat at this club? People easing up on BJ so that person is Kulu.

It's really uneccessary
Deuterz and Todd are perpetual malcontents with regards to Kulusevski- yes it’s boring to hear the nonstop whine but it’s something we just have to deal with on the board :/ At least Todd has apparently got the fuck out of Dodge for awhile and gone back to his cave.

Back
Top Bottom