Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deki is a quality young man, incredibly mature for his age, such a clever boy.

On the pitch he always gives you everything...and change. Lad's a workhorse if I ever seen one.

Man is mad strong physically and he's well schooled, knows all the tricks to protect the ball etc.

I want him to stay with us a few more years. I want him to keep getting big minutes. But I wanna see him elsewhere than at RW (at some point). Honestly I think he's that astute and hardworking, plus he's got them silky feet, he could play anywhere from back to front. Put him at the 6 and he gives Rodri and Rice a run for their mullah...there I said it.

my opinion, Villa have had a fine season and a lot of their muchness players have looked better due to their quality manager.
but really both diaby and bailey only have a pace advantage. to my eye Kulu is comfortably the all round better footballer. stronger, better technique, fitter, better in the air, better in the press, better vision, better pass, more versatile

Uhhhh yeah .. like the 8 assists Bailey has this season are facts?

One has 16 g/a in 1443 minutes this season. The other has 9 g/a in 2143 minutes this season .. facts.

Oh, how lovely, bringing assists into the formula, are you?

Dejan Kulusevski in EPL - 73 games; 13 goals and 18 assists. Total of 31 g+a
Leon Bailey in EPL - 77 games; 13 goals and 14 assists. Total of 27 g+a

So... you are trying to argue so hard that...
3 year older player
who arrived half a season earlier to Prem (!)
who has 4 less goal involvements in that period

Is a better option or even an upgrade ?!?

:pochshock::pochshock::pochshock:

3 year older player

Why would I compare their past rather than their present?

I’m arguing he’s better this season. Which he is. I don’t really care if Kulu was better than him when he first arrived.

Oh and I don’t care about age either. I’m talking who is better here and now, not who has more potential. Not that potential is even linear which Kulu has shown by his best performances being when he first arrived and was younger.

3 year older player

Excellent work, sir.

He walked himself straight into that one.

:harrylol:

Candy from an (intellectual) baby.

Excellent work, sir.

He walked himself straight into that one.

:harrylol:

Candy from an (intellectual) baby.

Ah yes, I really care what Bailey was doing under Steven Gerrard. I’m sure Kulusevski would’ve been putting up top tier numbers in a relegation-threatened team with no plan…

They’re both playing at similar level teams this season, and one is spanking the other for productivity. Y’all can talk ‘but but but Kulu’s first season!’ all you like.

Why would I compare their past rather than their present?

I’m arguing he’s better this season. Which he is. I don’t really care if Kulu was better than him when he first arrived.

Oh and I don’t care about age either. I’m talking who is better here and now, not who has more potential. Not that potential is even linear which Kulu has shown by his best performances being when he first arrived and was younger.

No, but if you really want to zoom in, then you know... in ONE ROUND Kulusevski ended up with an assist and Bailey did fucking nothing. So another proof of superiority in your eyes then? Cause small snapshot is your preference, right?

I mean, come the fuck on and get some perspective now.

Why should you focus on current season only? I know only one possible reason, cause that suits your way of thinking better.

Players have some fluke seasons and Kulu so far has underachieved this season, not entirely due to his own performances. His xA is 6,4 while he has 3 asstists. Difficult to blame teammates finishing upon Kulu. Bailey xA is 7,6 so he has in fact overperformed this season. Difference in xA is is 1,2.

So you literally take ONE season (that is not even finished yet), and you rather draw conclusions on that, instead of looking at their overall performance? Maybe it is easier to just admit that you are desperately trying to prove something, despite what all possible metrics and evidence show?

Back
Top Bottom