Defending a Spurs fan’s right to be an idiot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is a great artcle, as it neatly sums up what most of us feel about supporting Spurs. Its quite scary when I think about how much supporting Spurs affects my life - avoiding red, having to refer to the fixture list before I make any other arrangements, results being responsible for whether I have a good weekend or not. I don't really need to explain this to any of you - you all know what I mean.

This is a great artcle, as it neatly sums up what most of us feel about supporting Spurs. Its quite scary when I think about how much supporting Spurs affects my life - avoiding red, having to refer to the fixture list before I make any other arrangements, results being responsible for whether I have a good weekend or not. I don't really need to explain this to any of you - you all know what I mean.

Nice one Mrs P.

As succinct as ever.

Similarly to this, recently I've not exactly been quiet about how fed up i am with some aspects of being a modern football fan, and the way some of you go on. I made an effort to calm it down a bit, and just enjoy the football. I was away for a week as well and got back the day before transfer deadline day and i have to say, I'm fucking glad.

I don't feel angry. I don't feel like protesting (is that genuinely a thing btw?). I don't see any huge glaring problems in our squad. I don't feel like we've been fucked over. In short, I've not bought into the narrative.

Now I've taken myself out of the loop slightly. Ignored twitter. Not read any meltdown posts, etc. Its been fairly easy to form my own opinion, and not just regurgitate Sky Sports or the Daily Mail. We've improved our squad, which was the 5th best team in the league last season. Once again we're looking good for top 6/7. Which i'll be more than happy with. Liverpool have spent ridiculously. 60 million on Benteke and Firmino? No thanks. I'd have loved Benteke but 32.5 million is steep. So if it all works for them, i wouldn't be surprised or angered to see them finish above us. But then again, we all said the same last year and look what happened.

Apart from them, i don't really see who else is gonna push for that top 6. But really, its too early to say. And the scum in the cup at home? Get the fuck in. Thats what footballs about. Its not comparing stats about how someone we've signed did last season against someone we supposedly wanted to sign. Its not about rumours or chairmen. And its definitely not arm chair fans demanding board members leave.

So basically, i don't care who lines up when we play those cunts. Don't care which formation, partnership or strategy. Im gonna turn up, have a fucking good time, and then go home again. And i guarantee i'll have a better time than a large majority of people in that stadium, win lose or draw.

Honestly guys, this minimalist football fan stuff, its golden. I recommend it. I mean, think about. Do you really care about half the shit we sit reading through on here? Lifes too short to get in an argument about Saido Berahinos goal tally from last season. Or wether or not we should have kept Redknapp even though he left like 3 fucking years ago now.

Back
Top Bottom