Defending a Spurs fan’s right to be an idiot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funny how you get caught up using a specific brand of forum / club related acronyms - a friend I sent the article to had to look up what an 'ITK' was due to it being referenced a few times. I guess you forget it's not common language!

Class especially the part about opinions!

Like arseholes we all have one and nobody's opinion is necessarily the right one but Gibbs is always the wrong one!
Only kidding!

:soldadolol:

Lovely article made me smile in self recognition several times. Charles deserves an outing on the pod

I felt like I was staring in the mirror at times - it was frightening. But also reassuring I'm not the only lunatic taking extreme measures for a team that I'm hopeless devoted to.

Personally, I love that fact that Spurs have fans all over the world, and everyday new people in places like the US and Australia are having that awful moment of realization: “Oh god, I’m a Spurs fan”.

Admittedly I had this very reaction when Leicester equalized. And I've been on this fucking Ferris wheel since 2009.

Great piece.

constantly refreshing a crappy stream so I could watch the Spurs match even though it was lagging two minutes behind Soccer Saturday and I knew how the mess unfolded before I saw it. Did I get any pleasure from watching Spurs struggle against Leicester while I struggled to shut down the pop-up gambling ads? Not really.

Many modern football fans' viewing experiences right there!!

Back
Top Bottom