Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forgiven or not, damage has been done. It's like you break up with your girlfriend and after a while you get back together again. Not gonna work the same as before.

He's not broken up with us though as he! He's just been out and had 12-pints of Nelson, got home and given his missus a good old back-hander because she doesn't give him generous portions of pie and mash and in the morning woke up, realised what he's done and apologies. Shes accepted.

Forgive and forget.
Wages do have to be sorted as this will come around again very soon .

I definitely agree that the wages need sorting.. I think we should use the Walker money to up the rest of the squads wages to bring them in line with A) what they deserve and B) Close to what they could get elsewhere.

Or as you say, there could be an exodus in the near future.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino says that "it is time to move on" after Danny Rose apologised for comments made about the club.

The 27-year-old left-back told the Sun on Thursday that Spurs needed to sign "two or three players" this summer and "not ones you had to Google".

Pochettino said: "Of course he has a future and I want to keep him here. Nothing has changed on my perception of him.

"He apologised to everyone and now it's time to move on. It's in the past."

Pochettino said the decision on whether to discipline Rose is a "private matter".

Then you never should have broken up.
Sometimes the separation allows you space to think and time to reflect .

Anyway, its a silly comparison . This is a career, a job, a start and finish.
He is a young man and needs guidance. Sometime the demons get in your head and this happens. Its happened to me (not giving details) and looking back, when I was a round the same age. I regret my decision and can't understand why I came to the conclusions I did and the choice I made? What Rose needs is a strong unbiased people around him who are looking after his best interest and I feel at Tottenham he will have this. The other players will forgive and this will not distract from where we are at as a club.

From BBC Sport...

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has accepted Danny Rose's apology over his recent comments about the club's transfer policy.

The left-back, 27, said in the Sun on Thursday that he felt he and his team-mates are underpaid and that Spurs need to sign well-known players and "not ones you had to Google".

Rose has now said the timing and manner of his comments was "ill-judged".

"I forgive him and now we move on," said Pochettino.

"Of course [he has a future at Tottenham]. Nothing has changed in my vision or perception here."

Tottenham, who finished second behind Chelsea in the Premier League last season, have not signed any players so far this summer and sold right-back Kyle Walker to Manchester City in July for £45m.

Rose said in his newspaper interview that Tottenham needed to sign "two or three players".

"My words were were not meant to offend," added Rose on Friday in a statement released through his management company.

"For that I would like to apologise to the chairman, manager, my team-mates and the fans."

Those who want us to start paying £200k/wk wages now, would you be happy for ticket prices to treble in order to pay for it? Where else is the money coming from?

No. But we are the club that gave them their chance. Crazy, I know, but a little loyalty isn't much to ask for.

These cunts are multi-millionaires. Are he was happy to sign that deal for the meagre wages in September, before spending 60% of the time after injured.
Sometimes, I don't believe its always about money. Professional footballers get immune to the value of money-how much do you need when you retire? They are almost guaranteed to win trophies playing for certain clubs and this is what they want-the glory without effort.

From BBC Sport...

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has accepted Danny Rose's apology over his recent comments about the club's transfer policy.

The left-back, 27, said in the Sun on Thursday that he felt he and his team-mates are underpaid and that Spurs need to sign well-known players and "not ones you had to Google".

Rose has now said the timing and manner of his comments was "ill-judged".

"I forgive him and now we move on," said Pochettino.

"Of course [he has a future at Tottenham]. Nothing has changed in my vision or perception here."

Tottenham, who finished second behind Chelsea in the Premier League last season, have not signed any players so far this summer and sold right-back Kyle Walker to Manchester City in July for £45m.

Rose said in his newspaper interview that Tottenham needed to sign "two or three players".

"My words were were not meant to offend," added Rose on Friday in a statement released through his management company.

"For that I would like to apologise to the chairman, manager, my team-mates and the fans."
Sounds promising - let's see how it pans out over the transfer window

These incidents are only likely to get more frequent. A lot of our players are coveted by clubs paying higher wages. I think Tottenham's best course of action is to get replacements in early, keep buying or training next season's young stars. Then players can leave for a big fee, and we have a younger replacement already.

I don't care if Rose leaves, but I do care if Ben Davies plays 38 league games this season. Do a deal for Sessegnon and tell Danny he can piss off next Summer.

Sounds promising - let's see how it pans out over the transfer window
Hopefully this matter will blow over and the 'togetherness' of the squad and managerial team will be re-established. If Rose really has reconsidered his actions and regrets the shit storm it caused, knuckles down and gives 100% then personally I'm happy to forgive and move on. However misjudged and undiplomatic his words may have been, his role in highlighting the 'relative' low wages and lack of new signings may in part contribute to a realisation on Levy's part that greater investment is required to keep the squad competitive and fiscally content.

I one for one am glad he's apologised and is staying. At the end of the day he's the best left back in the league and would have strengthened yet another rival if he'd gone.

As it is we now have two excellent left-backs for the season.

And regardless of the cuntery - Rose is superior to Davies and I want us to win the league. So I'm glad he'll be playing for rather than against us.

I absolutely refuse to believe that even a premiership footballer can be so far removed from reality as to have no idea as to the probable consequences of his actions. In my mind he knew what he was doing and he couldn't see a negative personal outcome from it. He would either be forced at worst to make an apology take a fine, and be accepted back into the fold, or would be sold (which i think was his preferred outcome). Nice as it would be to think we could hold him and let him not get playing time, we all knew it wasn't going to happen.

Given that he has played the game in the way he did, with the knowledge that he can't really lose, I personally don't want him at the club. He's done it once (twice if you include the BBC interview), he's got it in him. He will cause trouble in the future. Get rid and get on.

Back
Top Bottom