Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I couldn't care for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Rose himself didn't know what he wanted to achieve by the interview. Mock us? New contract? Move away? Just hand in a transfer request then, cunt.

I am hoping now that Ben Davies continues to perform. Rose can sit behind him on the bench. Would be nice if Ben stays fit for as long as possible and Rose gets as little as possible game time for the preparation to the WC next year.

Do we love him again now then?

Nope, a couple of days ago we were preparing to enter a new season with a fair amount of confidence. Since Snidey Bollocks decided to open his fat mouth a great amount of that confidence has been taken away due to the massive cloud hanging over the club.
He's a Snake and doesn't deserve any forgiveness. I don't care what he says now, the damage has been done.

Give him a transfer if that's what he wants but on condition.......its any anywhere he wants except the EPL! That's fair he can makes as much dirty money as he wants ad say Zenit St Petersburg he'd fit in grand there they'd love him....

Seeing as he done the interview he knew it was coming out, and he obviously knew when.
Seeing as he also talked to the media and said the same sort of stuff.
Seeing as he has no qualms doing this I find it strange he has to apologise through his agents with an agency prepared statement.

I couldn't care for him. I wouldn't be surprised if Rose himself didn't know what he wanted to achieve by the interview. Mock us? New contract? Move away? Just hand in a transfer request then, cunt.

I am hoping now that Ben Davies continues to perform. Rose can sit behind him on the bench. Would be nice if Ben stays fit for as long as possible and Rose gets as little as possible game time for the preparation to the WC next year.

First choice is Ben's to lose anyway, i expect.

I suppose it's in our best interests to give him some slack.
We all know he's off.
It would be better not to get on his case but act as if fuck all has happened.

He's obviously bought into his hype and let it go to his head.
Last September he was worth £65k pw, he and his agent thought so. Why not say all this then?
He's not an Alaba and he don't get £120k a week.

So let him sell himself whilst performing for us.

One we need him performing and two it gives him less ammunition to bash the fans over the head with. He's never forgotten the abuse he got when our defence was shit.
Put the club first.
Danny Rose can go if he wants, but we will rinse the club who buys him.
We will find another just as good.
When we play against him we can give him as much stick as we want
The grass is not always greener.

Seriously, after all this time, I gotta say Danny, what a stupid stupid fucking decision! Danny Rose might be one of the dumbest footballers in the world. Let's look at this. The man's first touch in a premier league game was a 30 fucking yards volley against the biggest rivals in a game that turned the season around and lead Spurs to their first Champions league campaign. If he manages to be a half decent footballer for Spurs, he will by all means become a legend for the start he had and will have songs sung about his volley for decades.

And guess what, he actually turned out to be much better than a decent player. He was slowly becoming one of the best left backs in the world and almost certainly reaching legendary status in one of the biggest clubs in the world! And he goes on and does this! What an absolute moron!! He can apologise all he wants. There's no going back from this. His legacy is destroyed.

Even if wanted to leave, if he had done the decent thing and ended up leaving like Walker, he still had a chance to be remembered fondly and getting legendary status. What a moron!!

First choice is Ben's to lose anyway, i expect.
Absolutely. Rose is still out injured. When he's fit, he still has to challenge for his place & if we are doing well without him, he may have already become a bit part player in competitions.

As long as he is available as back up & puts in a shift when called upon, I'm not too fussed. We don't need to sell the chopsy cunt unless or until it suits us. It's down to him to sort himself the fuck out, cos he ain't going anywhere til Levy & Poch tell him he is.

I reckon Danny's agent (Mark Rankine) has just made his first big deal with Walker and now thinks he is god's gift. He comes up with a master plan to get another big deal and encourages Danny (his nephew) to engineer either an wage I ncrease or big money move via the pathetic interview

I hope Levy refuses to ever deal with Mark Rankine again to make it clear there are consequences. I would guess others at Base Soccer recommended the apology, having seen what a stupid and vindictive plan it was. Or perhaps after Levy voiced his opinion

Danny deserves the shit is getting and should be sold January or next summer. Only when we have a replacement up and ready. He is just a pawn though I reckon

By all accounts, he agents were as informed and enraged as the club

Sounds forced

I expect Levy told him to do it or else and that we will be holding him to his contract. I hope when Rose next comes on to play we sing "Danny, Danny...Levy. Danny, Danny Levy."
I used to love singing Danny Rose's chant, but I think a point needs to be made and he needs to earn it back. There are other players who don't even get a chant, who have never put a foot wrong, so why should Rose have one after this? The apology helps, everyone can make mistakes, especially when being advice by agents who stand to make their income from sales, but I want to see he means it.

One other thing I'll say about wages. Honestly, if anyone thinks we just need to pay higher wages and these problems go away you are wrong. If we start paying our best players 150 or even 250k that just means the likes of Citeh will triple that figure to get the best players instead.
Players like Rose do deserve a pay rise, but don't kid yourself that it'll stop the oil rich clubs trying to steal our players, it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Honestly if the manager (at least publicly) forgives him then we as fans should at least calm down a bit.
Should we roll out the red carpet for him? No. But that same token he shouldn't be hounded out of the club, he's fucked up massively. Been sat in the physio room for 8 months and probably fucked off with no being able to play, also seeing what others around his own level getting high wages can annoy you. None of this should of been brought out on public but what's done is done.

If he's truly sorry, willing to bust a gut to get back playing for us at the highest level he can and keep his head down until he's either sold or signs a new contract. Then all will be forgiven, but never forgotten. He's fucked his chance of being a club legend now.

This whole saga is easy to explain...a simple look at the state of him in The Sun should be enough to tell you he's been on the green and doesn't know wtf he's saying...

Capture.jpg

Back
Top Bottom